Guardians of the Galaxy

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
the guy who did this did the exact same thing to the actor sam seder, got him dropped from the msnbc news network for a joke tweet mocking people defending roman polanski. they eventually changed course when they realised hey, maybe this weird mike guy isn't being completely genuine here. maybe some big pizzagate guy who thinks there's a satanic child sex trafficking ring in the basement of a pizza place with no basement... isn't someone you should be listening to.

i wonder how many people celebrating this or calling people 'paedophile defenders' or whatever were also defending roy moore. you know. the guy they had to ban from a shopping mall for harassing underage girls.

i get that companies adverse to controversy. but maybe look at who is saying stuff.

also, disney still hires fucking johnny depp. so. ???

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Yep Johnny Depp is still getting jobs with them despite his domestic abuse so Disney comes off rather disingenuous here. Either they didn't do their due diligence when they hired Gunn or more likely they did but didn't give a fuck about his comments and now are throwing him under the bus to save face.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Fingers crossed that now that the Fox acquisition merger thing is done that they'll address this, since the quick action and silence makes sense since they cared a LOT about getting across that finish line.

X :neo:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It's gonna be DAMN hard for them not to address something like that by the main cast of the film, especially since everyone who follows any of the actors on their individual social media accounts are gonna see it, not to mention all the articles showing up.

There's no way that the press isn't gonna ask about it if they try and silently dodge the question, so they're almost CERTAINLY gonna have to have a formal response of some kind. I wouldn't expect it immediately, but I'm DEFINITELY expecting one.

Also, this comment is the best summary on matters that I've yet seen: https://io9.gizmodo.com/1827972960

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
didn't disney confirm they're not hiring him even after the outrage? at this point i don't even care if he's hired or not, what's great is that he's getting all of this support.

Yep Johnny Depp is still getting jobs with them despite his domestic abuse so Disney comes off rather disingenuous here. Either they didn't do their due diligence when they hired Gunn or more likely they did but didn't give a fuck about his comments and now are throwing him under the bus to save face.
why are you using depp when you should use disney theirselves lol

This article is the best thing written on the matter: http://collider.com/james-gunns-firing-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

also, great article, but i must pry on the tidbit when the author blamed henry for "confusing" casual flirting with rape. what he said was as clear as day and yet people still insist on twisting his words. what he simply meant was that the "chase" of a woman could be seen as rape or harassment in today's society, not that it was. imagine if he was interested in cameron diaz, and she said no to him. this time he's not giving up, and visits her house a week later with honest intentions. imagine the stories online. "Harry insists on invading Diaz' privacy even after she told him no" or something like that. that's why he said no thanks, he doesn't want that.

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
didn't disney confirm they're not hiring him even after the outrage? at this point i don't even care if he's hired or not, what's great is that he's getting all of this support.

Disney have not made any public statements about anything regarding James Gunn since the cast released their public statement.

T@ctic

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Orah, Iju
not surprised. this only confirms on what i have come to terms with recently this year. leave the past in the past. don't bring it up to hurt a person when they have changed. oh well.

Top Bottom