SPOILERS Hard Mode Discussion

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Since MP is a precious resource in hard mode, casting the level 1 version offensive spells is far more effective than the higher tiers, more like than not you'll need to cast one lv1 spells to put foes under preassure state (if they're weak to that element) and from there build stagger.
I'd say MP isn't as big of a concern in chapter 9 since Hell House is the last real fight in the chapter, aside from the colleseum fight you do for Sam or Madam M.

Maidenofwar

They/Them
jesus tap dancing christmas on a pogo stick I won I bleeding won!

Thanks all! I sucked it up and finally caved to upgrading and equipping Silver Staff and Mythril Blade, war of attrition really required everything and the kitchen sink huh.

Ray of Judgement really put in work after I got past the Cutter/Sweeper stage and had used my summon and everything. I used Bad Breath to keep Hell House sleeping and poisoned for the early stages but sleep/poison kept being resisted later on ?

That high five and Telluric Scripture was earned.

No Aerith in red dress and Fireworks movie this time ? I read someone read she gets dogs and rats when you get her simple dress but why is that bad ?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
but the dogs and the little rats look cute

i am trying to get through the chapter 17 battle simulator for the accessory and i am kind of amazed i managed to beat the legendary monster one. i didn't look at the roster before playing it so i didn't know what was coming up, so i wasn't expecting a tomberry followed a couple rounds later by... another tomberry but with a bomb this time. battles 3 and 4, i kept thinking i was at the end before they start and was immediately disappointed when a big behemoth pops up instead

also with the type 0 behemoth i'd always gone for the lower body first, but this time i used tifa's limit break on the upper half thinking it would soften it up for later (since the hp bar for the lower half was almost empty and i didn't want to waste a powerful move on it). it ended up depleting the upper half's hp and that makes it so it can't run around any more??? and now i just feel like an idiot for not trying it sooner

i didn't look at the roster but i did know the last enemy was so i was ready to get the last enemy skill (still a bit surprised there's only 4 in the whole game), but the first time i got hit by it it didn't acquire it? i had to wait for a second one before i got it. but i didn't find that as tough as i thought it might be. when i looked at the last enemy skill the site i was reading said like 'go into the battle prepared to lose' so i was expecting worse.

now i just need to do the individual hard more quests for tifa, barret and aerith (the '3rd class promotion test' or whatever) before i unlock the mystery battle. which better be just one battle and not another 5 rounds :sadpanda:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
now i just need to do the individual hard more quests for tifa, barret and aerith (the '3rd class promotion test' or whatever) before i unlock the mystery battle. which better be just one battle and not another 5 rounds :sadpanda:

It's 5 battles, a boss fight gauntlet against every summon you've fought in VR.

Bahamut also is capable of summoning; he summons Ifrit for back up mid-fight.

The final round is against the true secret boss of the game.

Enjoy! :monster:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
now i just need to do the individual hard more quests for tifa, barret and aerith (the '3rd class promotion test' or whatever)
i did aerith's which wasn't too bad, it was the one i was most worried about but thanks to having lots of mastered materia and aerith just killing it with magic i managed to get through it

hoping tifa and barret's will go this well too :sadpanda:

Maidenofwar

They/Them
I got one rat, one cat, and one dog for the scene with Aerith in her basic dress. The cat was especially cute. I love the cats in this game. Is this the dress Tres likes? The way the ribbon and bauble were done made me think of the white materia. I'm also glad some of the npcs still wolf whistled Aerith in this dress.

Learning the VR test with Aerith and the enemy mechanics helped me alot, I'm glad I managed to get them all done eventually.

I just beat APs on Hard mode. It was actually kind of challenging with APs putting up a fight and taking a few tries because again I refused to destroy the horns which is apparently of more consequence on Hard compared to the other difficulties and can drag the fight out a little depending.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Is this the dress Tres likes?

This one?:

u3c9d8C.jpg

She looks super cute.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
no one told me there was a cat too, how do you get this dress

i am skipping forward to chapter 9 again because i need to do one more battle there with aerith to unlock the super boss. but for that i have to beat hellhouse that keeps throwing tomberries at me lol. i wish they would let you do her battles in chapter 14 even though she's not with the party, at least when you've finished the game. make my life a little easier here, square

while i'm doing this i am going to finish this chapter on hard all the way through and hopefully do madam m's quests. i think i've been picking the right options but i haven't been checking

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Aerith Dress: based on how many sidequest you completed in ch8

Simple Pink Spring dress (Tres pic): zero quest completed

Longer Pink dress: 3 sidequests completed.

Red Dress: all sidequests completed.

Once you completed the sidequest do NOT chapter select inmediately, for the game to save your sidequest progress you must finish the chapter.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Aerith Dress: based on how many sidequest you completed in ch8

Simple Pink Spring dress (Tres pic): zero quest completed

Longer Pink dress: 3 sidequests completed.

Red Dress: all sidequests completed.

Once you completed the sidequest do NOT chapter select inmediately, for the game to save your sidequest progress you must finish the chapter.
I assume the finishing the Chapter requirements also apply to the Chapter 14 resolution scenes too?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i still plan on going through the other chapters, and am aiming for aerith's resolution scene this time (i will be doing all the quests so it's just a matter of checking on aerith in the sewer first). i just need to do this for the battle simulator because i want that accessory for the rest of the game (i've done chapters 1-4 on hard mode so far)

oh well

there's always

next time

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
i still plan on going through the other chapters, and am aiming for aerith's resolution scene this time (i will be doing all the quests so it's just a matter of checking on aerith in the sewer first). i just need to do this for the battle simulator because i want that accessory for the rest of the game (i've done chapters 1-4 on hard mode so far)

oh well

there's always

next time
If you're just trying to get the Chapter 14 resolution for Aerith, couldn't the Chapter 10 Abzu choice be used as the tie-breaker? That way (if you're just concerned about Chapter 14 for now) you just have to beat Chapter 10 to change the Chapter 14 scene.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i'm doing chapter 9 for one of aerith's coliseum battles i didn't finish before, and also because the last music disc i'm missing is the one for doing the dance practice perfectly (which is annoying to find out because i was close to getting it on my original playthrough and considered trying again but figured there wouldn't be any reward lol) so i'm just doing to push ahead with this chapter

or i will rage quit because of hellhouse

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Kinda lame barret doesn't have his own points, though the story doesn't really allow for being nice to him until later.

Do the choices with Jessie and Biggs effect anything?

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i rejected both the flower and drink this time, but did all the chapter 3 quests

maybe i will get barret instead this time

Top Bottom