Harry Potter and the Chitter of Chatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Yeah, it was bullshit, as you can obviously gather.

expected to reach Taiwan in a couple hours and Hawaii in a few more

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Goddamn, with an 8.9-magnitude quake it's obviously futile to hope that no one gets hurt, but I really hope the damage is as minimal as it can be. Bloody hell.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
It's certainly less than what it could be on a similarly affected country coast. At the very least, Japan is well-prepared for this sort of thing, just not of this magnitude.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
This is awful... I'm already seeing pictures and people sending messages (like tumblr, with people all over the world using it) to one another wishing each other safety... this is scary, and heart breaking.

Lelouch

--Tamashi no Rufuran
AKA
Emiya Shirou, Oz Vessalius, LPod, Belldandy, L-Phone
All those sushi and ramens and and.. ; _________ ; I wish they're safe.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
The tsunami footage is shocking. Even if you're prepared for it.

Luckily Japan is fairly well prepared for disasters like this (New Zealand is too, not sure about other countries in the area), but I can't imagine they'll be able to stave off all negative consequences. Pretty awful.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yeah, I would imagine a city less prepared for this would have been flattened.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
The tsunami footage is shocking. Even if you're prepared for it.

Yeah, just seeing the photos leaves a huge impact, I'm afraid to watch any videos of it.

@Phones - You live in the Philippines dear, so I hope you're staying safe there. Aren't they also on watch right now?

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
0004zwhq

i can see

forever

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Yop still being the lovable abomination as always

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Urgh. Drank almost half a bottle of whiskey last night (goes pretty fast, lulz), and found myself asleep on my couch this morning, TV still on (but no signal, decoder turned itself off automagically), O_o.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
congratulation yop

drank yerself into a minicoma

Jeanette

★ ★ ★ ★
AKA
Xia, Saya, Misha, Janet
I can't fall asleep with the TV on unless I am really tired and I cant keep my eyes open.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I always fall asleep

Unless something good was on

Like last night.

Last night, Zoolander was on :monster: freakin' hilarity.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I sometimes take naps in front of the TV, quite comfortable actually. If it's a good one, I'm completely out for an hour, but usually (like this afternoon) it's sort of a half-doze, and the only bits I remember are the commercials every fifteen minutes, :monster:. The shows (usually Discovery or something) are often quite quiet, but the commercials just stick out, even though they're not allowed to boost the volume anymore.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
even though they're not allowed to boost the volume anymore.

I fucking hate it when television channels do that.

Such a bad habit.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
mostly Ten and 7 who do that iirc in Australia

Also, One HD is a significant perpetrator because they mostly import American sports and therefore believe they can get away with blasting people with loud advertising :monster:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Holy shit.

I completely lack motivation today. My will to do anything productive is completely sapped.

X :neo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom