Harry Potter and the Chitter of Chatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
CONGRATULASHIN

WINNER IS YOU

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
How to End a Conversation

tumblr_lhghex8g6Y1qgl7y5o1_500.jpg

tumblr_lhgop6NiJn1qhwf5oo1_500.jpg

wisconsin-600w.jpg

tumblr_lhil5lORvH1qf0i9eo1_400.jpg

d26f08d8-97da-422a-b6f0-dbb7eeafccbe.jpg

demotivational-posters-batmans-leather-thong.jpg

149043_10100362799613529_6824924_63335743_362795_n.jpg

tumblr_lhlgi0gXYu1qciw9jo1_400.jpg

perfect.jpg

epic-win-photos-class-struggle-win.jpg

Also this is awesome.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
7/10 pics were awesome :cthulhu:

Man I totally made my own breakfast today and it was delish

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I should go the fuck to bed

but instead I listen to Florence and edit Aerith/Lightning pictures :sadpanda:

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
holy fuck tvtropes

So tempted to go back on but then I really WILL never go to sleep :C

Also I looked up Fauna cause I saw your post in "what are you listening to". Holy fuck man, these songs are long.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
holy fuck tvtropes

So tempted to go back on but then I really WILL never go to sleep :C

Also I looked up Fauna cause I saw your post in "what are you listening to". Holy fuck man, these songs are long.
Yeah, their longest track is exactly as long as a CD can hold (79:57 and 96/100). As far as I can determine this makes it the longest CD ever released, although there are probably ties with other artists I haven't heard of. (I have a few other songs that are even longer, but all of them were only released on other formats, such as DVD-audio or via the intartubes). Fauna have two other unreleased tracks that have been recorded live which are around forty minutes and fifty minutes respectively (although it's usually said that the recording of the second of these is incomplete, but as I haven't seen it performed live I can't confirm this).

And yeah tv tropes is awful like that :sadpanda:

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/239219

Summary: Turn off that /damn/ computer if you want to get some sleep. The article suggests it's the (bright?) light from your monitor that fools your brain into thinking it's still broad daylight.

But it's not just the light but also the activity (your brain's on high activity behind a computer screen, usually). There's probably also nerd high withdrawal symptoms, your brain goes 'MOAR!' when it's understimulated with boring old things like watching TV or reading a book.

Instead, one should shut down the PC and do something simple and unchallenging before attempting to sleep. Go for a (long) walk, get a warm shower, read a book, dim the lights, and turn off that damn cellphone too.

There's kids these days that wake up in the middle of the night checking if they got a text message, or that 'feel' they got one. Or those that actually get them and don't mind the sleep deprivation they get from answering them. Damn kids.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
^I totally used to be like this, but nowadays I have dinner in front of my computer and end up nodding off to sleep anyway :awesome:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I spend my days yawning and drinking coffee, my dinners in front of my TV, my evenings in front of my computer, and the hour or so before going to bed at TV again, :monster:. With only minor sleep deprivation due to not finding sleep fast enough, but that could be fixxed with more physical activity.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
My dreams tend not to be very vivid because I spend up most of my creative juices when I'm awake, :monster:

Also a lot of the time they're in black and white >:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
sometimes I wish I had weird dreams way more often
I had a dream last night that I was watching ACC and Tifa became the main character instead. lolwut

Wait. She's not? :(

I hardly ever dream, and when I do it makes little sense. Or a lot. Neither of which are very interesting. I actually quite like it that way, used to be scared of falling asleep when I was a kid, afraid I might dream :monster:. Many rituals to ensure I did not dream ensued, such as lying on one side. Not the other, that'd make me dream.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
My dreams are never of fandoms or fiction, always just weird shit that happens with my friends, or people I know... Like recently I had a dream that one of my ex boyfriends from a long time ago (back in school) came to my house and asked me to go somewhere with him and I said no so he rode away on his bike all pissed off... then I felt bad, so I went riding after him and it started to rain. I some how ended up in front of a hospital with this really demented looking girl standing in front of it. . . then I saw images of her operating on bodies it was weird. O_o

I think any type of creepy dream I have is from all these damn horror games I'm playing constantly... I sure HOPE they aren't inspired by anything else... xD That's why I'm not afraid of nightmares any more, I'm just used to seeing creepy shit. But mostly my dreams aren't even creepy, just odd... Lawl.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
So I just got back from the dentist. No root canal, thank god, but I had a BIG filling (and 2 small ones with 6 more to go) on my back tooth and now I have a bad feeling it's going to hurt when the numbness wears off. Dentist shoved a hardened resin into the big hole before he filled it the rest of the way. Oh joy.

~ Raz

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Lol, the last images I saw last night were of the ghosts in Fatal Frame! Maybe that's where such a dream came from... XD Usually after I play a horror game or watch a horror film, I try and watch something funny afterwards to get the scary thoughts out of my head. XD

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
A long while back I had a dream that I was falling in complete emptiness.

Just this huge sensation of falling. I imagined that was what death felt like.

It was wierd and uncharacteristically vivid.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
Summary: Turn off that /damn/ computer if you want to get some sleep. The article suggests it's the (bright?) light from your monitor that fools your brain into thinking it's still broad daylight.
I always turn off the monitor before trying to sleep. :sadpanda: It's set to turn itself off after five minutes of inactivity anyway.

Not that I have all that much trouble sleeping during the day anyway. If I wake up during the day it's usually because of loud noises, not light.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I also tend to fall asleep on a couch after eating my main meals

I consider it a chronic weakness ;-;

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Lol I actually like it when I have dreams where Im falling, rather like the sensation followed by the quick waking up.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
talky here instead.

Um excuse you, you still can't complain :awesome:
Did you figure out what my 'accent' is then? :P

I dun know. But I rike it. Imma call it the Sammich Accent.

Funny you mention that, the first time I got in was Alliance but I backed out. I REFUSE TO DO ANY UNTIL WE PLAY TOGETHER. So then I went with Wanted.

You can play it without me :P It just won't be as fun :awesome: But yes, yes. Practice and level up. And have you managed your profile with new abilities?

Also, play the story mode cause it's flippin awesome. You will feel badass calling assassins to do your bidding. Did you say you got another game too? idr

Yase you missed something epic. I believe audi was reading pokemon badfic. IT WAS AMAZING we should get her to read the whole thing

um, yeah. I need to hear moar of crack's voice. Especially if she is reading pron. And Celes needs to sing me some disney songs :wacky: But AHEM, she needs to fix her internet.

Tifabelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tifabelle, Nathan Drake, Locke Cole, Kain Highwind, Yamcha, Arya Stark
Well if you say so :P I prefer playing Wanted when I'm soloing tho tbh. EXACTLY :awesome: I WILL. I'm getting better. LOL I forgot to again fuuuuuu. I need to charge my controller too :sadpanda:

Wanted is good to start with. It's a lot easier. Plus Alliance can be a pain if you don't get a good partner, or are playing against a team that is communicating.

I WILL GOSH SO DEMANDING. Yesterday? Yeah I borrowed Uncharted 2 as well. Haven't played it yet though.

Oh goodness. Well you must play that too. I DEMAND IT. And we can play multiplayer on that. That you should play a bit of the story, cause multiplayer will be too hard if you aren't at least a little familiar with it. Maybe if Force comes around he will play with it us too. So much to do!

yeah she needs to sing some hercules dammit

I really wanted to hear I'll Make a Man Outta You :sadpanda:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom