Harry Potter and the deathly hallows

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
It was an evil locket projection that fucks with Ron's mind. It was when he stabs the locket with the sword.

Goddamn the seven book pissed me off. What a horrible ending to a good series. It was like I was reading a bad fanfiction. I hope this movie is better than the 7th book was, although they would have to change the ending for that to happen

Wait, why is she topless?
.......why not?

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
Goddamn the seven book pissed me off. What a horrible ending to a good series. It was like I was reading a bad fanfiction. I hope this movie is better than the 7th book was, although they would have to change the ending for that to happen

Do you mean the ending as in the end of book 7 or just book 7 in general?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Yep, don't remember that at all, lol.

hahaha don't worry about it. The only time I read the book was the night it came out. I stormed through it as soon as I got it until I finished. So my recollection of events is REALLY vague.

I'd love to reread it before the film release, but I have 5billion other things to read :(

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
Do you mean the ending as in the end of book 7 or just book 7 in general?

I didnt like book 7 as a whole, I thought it was horribly done with 700 pages of basically BULLSHIT filler. Really though, the 7th book could have been told in 200 pages. And the end, oh god, don't get me started on the ending. What a shame too, I thought the 6th book was setting up an epic finish.

What I meant about the movie is that, it could possibly be better than the book because it is compressed down and with this installment i think that's a good thing. But for it to really be good they would have to change the ending (which they wont because doing that in itself would be its own kind of blasphemy, so I'm not expecting too much)

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
I didnt like book 7 as a whole, I thought it was horribly done with 700 pages of basically BULLSHIT filler. Really though, the 7th book could have been told in 200 pages. And the end, oh god, don't get me started on the ending. What a shame too, I thought the 6th book was setting up an epic finish.

Ah, okay, fair enough. While I enjoyed most of the book I also didn't care too much for the ending, especially the epilogue.

I have to say, though, I'm really looking forward to:
- House elves running around stabbing everyone in the kneecaps. I actually burst out laughing at the mental image this created.
- Molly vs Bellatrix. YOU BITCH

And I really hope they show some of the McGonigall/Kingsley/Slughorn(?) vs Volde fight, 'cause that would be totally awesome.

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
Yeah I know, just saying those were my favourite parts of the ending. :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
So I was planning to do this on Sunday night when my perceptions of the film have sunk in a little bit more... and after I've seen it for a second time.

BUT I CAN'T SLEEP SO I'LL USE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO DO THIS NOW.

MASSIVE SPOILERS.

ALSO HUGE TL;DR

So, I am literally freaking out right now. I can without a doubt say this was definitely the best Harry Potter film to date. No comparison.

Of course, my shipper goggles were totally on throughout the whole movie. But the film did nothing but encourage it!

I’m just seriously at a loss for words.

At this point, I maybe stanning a little due to just having seen the film… but I think it totally deserves a Best Picture Nomination. Obviously, it won’t win (Toy Story 3 should, in all fairness, win) but I think it deserves a nod. Especially now since there are 10 spots. It was just… wow.

I am just so blown away. Never has a Potter movie affected me this much. Usually I’m so cynical about these films.

Fuck

Since it still has only been a few hours since viewing, so I still basically feel the same way... so I shall elaborate! This is subject to change on more viewings.

Also, I'd like to stress the fact I am usually very cynical when it comes to Harry Potter films. In my opinion, none of these films have even really succeeded in being good films at all. In any way. The best for me is probably Goblet of Fire, with Order of the Phoenix being the worst. So for me to praise this movie as highly as I am... it really says a lot. A fuckton.

Another note: I haven't read the book since the night it came out. This is both good and bad. My vague recollections of the book hinder my ability to judge how well this movie works as an adaptation. At the same time, I think this also means I am more able to judge the film as a separate entity, without the expectation of the book in the back of my mind colouring my view.

Final note: I haven't slept in almost 24 hours. Take that as you will :monster:
Oh goodness, where to even start? First of all, I think it is pretty safe to say that as far as Harry Potter movies go, this is by far the best one. The quality and care put into this film completely puts it on a whole different level.

I'll start with the acting. Prior to this movie, the lead's acting has ranged from mediocre to terrible. HOWEVER, the performances in DHpart1? Increases tenfold. That is unless you were a fan of Emma Watson's hyperactive eyebrows :monster:
Rupert and Emma in particular have gotten much better. Out of the three, I'd say Rupert has always had the most solid performances. Unfortunately Ron in the films tends to get shafted to the comedic relief. In this movie though, we finally get some meaty dramatic scenes for Mr. Grint to sink his teeth into. And may I say, holy shit does he own it.

In particular, there is a scene in a cafe where the trio are attacked by a couple of Death Eaters. After they take them down, they discuss what to do with them. Ron suggests they get rid of them. The expression Grint uses in this scene is something I would have previously considered uncharacteristic for Ron. While he has always been a jealous character, that scene was downright dark. But he carried it so well that it actually changed my impression of the character a little bit. Mind you, this is before the whole locket business.

DID YOU HEAR THAT? THE FILM ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING SO RIGHT IT MADE ME CHANGE MY OPINION OF THE SOURCE MATERIAL.

Watson also improved exponentially. I've always complained that the films diluted Hermione (my favourite character) into a shadow of herself. Always when I watched a Potter film, I saw Emma Watson before I could see Hermione in there. This totally changes for this film. I can't even refer to any one scene because sdfghjkl;adafv her delivery was just SO SPOT ON throughout the whole thing. This is fucking Hermione Granger.

Of course, Radcliffe has improved as well, but not quite as drastically as Watson and Grint. He still has some flat delivery and blank facial expressions from time to time. But his scenes with Watson more than make up for this (I will address this later).

Admittedly, there are some scenes in the film that suffers from some unfortunate Lucas dialogue. Unlike the Prequel trilogy however, the acting totally carries the scripts linguistic blunders. For some reason, I found myself enjoying the fuck out of this bad dialogue because the actors worked it so goddamn well it just seemed natural for the characters to say shit like that. For specific references, I will cite Ron's mind-numbingly cheesy speech to Hermione after destroying the locket. Or Hermione's guilt at not celebrating Harry's birthday in the middle of running away from Death Eaters.

The tone of the film is something I've always wanted from a Harry Potter film. The trio have left Hogwarts now, and there's a real sense of death all around them. The carefree days at school have died with Albus Dumbledore. Everything is bleak, and there is no hope in sight.

The rising tension amongst the three is directed phenomenally. Unlike most Potter films, this film has very little colour. There are stark shadows and desaturated hues. The cinematography is just so dead on and completely sets the tone of the film. It totally captures the painfulness of those camping scenes in the book. The bleakness adds to the gigantic leap in maturity in the film. This goes for both the production value AND the subject matter (there are several scenes that are quite sexually charged).

Those who have read the book would probably be concerned with the lack of action. While this is definitely a more drama-focused HP film, there is no lack of action. The beginning scenes are very action packed, with a lull in the middle for the more dramatic parts, with some more action towards the end. Personally though, I thought the dramatic bits were the best parts. Not to mention good, well-paced drama has been sorely missing from the film franchise.

Have I mentioned the transitioning scenes yet? Because I was fucking hnnnnnghing at the transitions between scenes. They were just done so artfully. One that sticks out in my mind is during the first night out camping. We see a wide shot of the tent in the darkness, and after a few seconds the light just goes out. The transition is just so obvious and awesome and pivotal and it just breaks your heart.

One last thing I want to mention - The Tale of Beedle the Bard section. I won't spoil it for whoever hasn't seen it yet, but those who have know what I'm talking about. All I say is it is fucking cool and this scene alone makes this movie the best in the series.

In the next part, I'm going to address the elephant in the room: shipping. Usually, I'd like to avoid this type of talk in a review, but to do so would be dishonest I think. Shipping plays a huge part in the movie, and I know it's definitely going to piss quite a few people off.

First of all, I'm going to get this out of the way: I'm a Harry/Hermione shipper. This obviously led me to a greater enjoyment of the film. I'll say this right now: if you absolutely loathe this pairing, then you're probably not going to enjoy this movie.

One thing that's always bothered me about the Potter films is the inclusion of pointless and/or non-canon things in place of potentially vital things (see: Prisoner of Azkaban, Half Blood Prince). In this instance, the idea of a Harry/Hermione romance is played up. A lot. Of course, it's never made explicit but the way their scenes are shot, it's impossible for the viewer's minds not to go there. I'm not just saying this because of shipper goggles or whatever. These two are quite literally at the forefront.

For example: one of the most touching scenes is an added scene not in the books. In the scene, Harry Hermione dance after Ron takes off. It starts off as a sweet moment between friends, gets a little silly, but by the end of it's just painfully romantic. Of course that last bit is just opinion, but along with other little details scattered through the film it's hard to ignore (the hugs, the kiss on the cheek at the beginning, the graveyard scene, the "let's just stay here forever and grow old" line etc.).

Now, even though I am a fan of the relationship (friendship or otherwise) I don't consider myself a crazy shipper. While it is nice to have my opinions of the text be validated by the filmmakers, I can see how there is some legitimate non-shippy issue by doing this. As much as I love this pairing, I love the trio far more. For that reason, the hyperfocus of the H/Hr in the film sort of overshadowed a moments shared by all three.

Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of moments of all three of them working together... but one thing the film sorely missed (and I mean sorely) is an epic bromance scene between Harry and Ron. I was expecting one right after he destroys the locket, but instead we get a Ron/Hermione scene (which is great don't get me wrong! I actually really enjoy their relationship between the two despite the stereotype against people who ship H/Hr...) This can hopefully be rectified in part 2, because it's just necessary to have.

So there's my giant tl;dr response to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1. Like I said, I'm probably going to reply to myself again in a few days because no doubt my thoughts are going to change.

z8D

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Thanks for sharing looney! I won't see it until tomorrow morning, but I can't wait to compare my experience. I have a strong feeling that I'm going to agree about everything you just said, based on the trailers (and I also think that Hermoine is written to match perfectly with Harry whether JKR meant to or not. :P)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So there's my giant tl;dr response to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1. Like I said, I'm probably going to reply to myself again in a few days because no doubt my thoughts are going to change.

z8D

Epic debate, Looneymania 2010! Liz Lemon vs. Looneymoon! 1 Woman enters, ONE WOMAN LEAVES!

Haven't seen the movie yet, won't for a little while probably (not til next week) but glad it's turned out well.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
@Looney: Awesome review, thanks! <3 I didn't make the midnight show (BOOO) but I'm going to try and see it tonight. The crowd should still be really good.

I really don't ship any of the trio together in book verse (although I get H/Hr more than R/Hr), but movie verse has always put the focus on Harry/Hermione--and it works, mostly cause Daniel and Emma have great chemistry. So tbh, I'm kinda looking forward to the movie if this is still the case, even though it'll make R/Hr (and by extension H/G) look even more out of place.

is the part where they go to his parent's grave still there? I heard they were thinking about taking it out. ALSO I CAN'T REMEMBER IF THIS WOULD BE PART 1 OR 2.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
The books didn't hold my interest, the movies, insofar as I've seen them (and I think I got the gist of the first one) did not really appeal to me, ergo, probably not going to watch it anytime soon.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Is the
topless silver paint make-out scene
in this part?

Yeah. You get some side boob action going on there.

@Looney: Awesome review, thanks! <3 I didn't make the midnight show (BOOO) but I'm going to try and see it tonight. The crowd should still be really good.

is the part where they go to his parent's grave still there? I heard they were thinking about taking it out. ALSO I CAN'T REMEMBER IF THIS WOULD BE PART 1 OR 2.

That scene was there, but I can't really comment on it because I kind of freaked out at that part :(

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
WOO, JUST SAW IT AND ME AND MY FRIEND WERE FIRST IN LINE SO WE HAD THE BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE AND MY HANDS ARE ACTUALLY SHAKING 'CAUSE I'M COMING OFF A MAJOR ADRENALINE HIGH AND EXCUSE ME WHILE I GET MY CAPS LOCK OUT OF THE WAY.

AOJFAIODJGOIASJDIOGJASODJGOIAJDGLOJAKLDGHAG

Whew. Alright. So, as you can probably guess, I felt this movie was totally fucking awesome. Looney already summarized a great deal of how I felt about it, especially in regards to the performances by Watson and Grint, but here's some additional thoughts I had:

The only thing I found disappointing was that they didn't include the Remus/Harry fight scene at Grimmauld Place (the godfather thing has yet to be mentioned) because that was one of my favourite scenes.

Now, positives:

The scene at the beginning with the Muggle Studies teacher begging Snape. I am a huge Alan Rickman fangirl, and it amazed me how he can be so expressionless and not-acting but still be so riveting (I may be biased, as Snape is my fave character, but too fucking bad :awesome:).

Helena Bonham Carter. I loved her in HBP and I love her even more now. She is actually terrifying. The scene where she tortures Hermione was physically painful to watch - it was almost like a rape scene.

Dobby's death was fucking tragic. I didn't cry, though I did get a bit teary, but there were a couple people in the audience who were very audibly weeping.

The splinch. I mean ew, ew ew ew, I'm not particularly squeamish but that was fucking gross, man. Major kudos to the makeup/special effects team.

The humour. This might sound odd as it's quite a dark movie, but there were a number of laugh-out-loud moments. Fave line in the movie was easily:
DOBBY DIDN'T WANT TO KILL YOU. JUST MAIM OR SERIOUSLY INJURE.

I know Looney already said it but I have to stress how fucking sweet the story of the Three Brothers was. I particularly liked how they designed Death, kind of Dementor-ish but still very cool looking.

Now, I've always been a R/H shipper when reading the books. In fact, reading them, I couldn't really understand H/Hr.

And then Prisoner of Azkaban came out, and I was like oh, now I get it.

Like Looney said, Watson and Radcliffe just have an excellent chemistry. And even though I wasn't wearing any shipper goggles, the dance scene, while I found the beginning and middle of it very platonic and sweet, definitely had that 'they're going to kiss' vibe at the end. My friend who I saw it with, who is also a R/H shipper, agreed. You just can't not see it romantically.

It didn't help that one of the best R/H scenes in the book - when Ron returns - didn't have nearly the bite it should have. It wasn't bad, but Hermione should have been, well, more violent. I would have loved it if she just punched Ron in the face.

That's all I got for now, gonna see it again with my pops in a week or two and will probably post more observations there.

Last edited:

Charles Xavier

Pro Adventurer
Was I the only person who actually laughed when
Ron saw that vision of Harry and Hermione making out naked
? Don't get me wrong, I felt really bad for Ron. And it also made ME feel bad for some of those Harry/Hermione fanfics I wrote years back.

Other thoughts: didn't like how the film handled Mad Eye Moody, felt that Dobby and Ginny deserved more screen time, and even though I thought the film was slightly better than Half-Blood Prince, I felt the story didn't progress very much. But hey, it is what it is: half of the movie. I'm hoping Part 2 will be an improvement.

One thing I did enjoy though, was the
Deathy Hallows animated puppet sequence

Last edited:

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
Okay so before I read anyone else's review I'm gonna post my own, then reply to the others. :monster: I worked for like 6 hours and ran all over the place all day before coming home, and I saw it last night at midnight so I want to type this up while it's still fresh.

I have to agree that this is far and away the best movie in the entire series. I was floored by so many aspects of it; the special effects were good as ever, the humor was (surprisingly) spot-on, and the atmosphere was perfect. But what really impressed me about this movie was how well they caught the feel of the book. The final Harry Potter book was sad for a lot of reasons, not just because lots of characters died. The movie beautifully captured the absolutely oppressing loneliness that was ever-present in the last book (the shots of hermione sitting alone were a beautiful contrast to the bustling scenes inside the walls of hogwarts in the previous movies). I can't explain it, but it felt right.

It was also just... it was a good movie in general. It wasn't just because I'd read the book and I knew what was going on, but because it captured human emotion and character the way the books did. I actually cried a little during the scene when Hermione and Harry were dancing, it was such a lovely way to show them trying to keep their hopes up.

I'm severly overtired and I'm sure this will sound nerdy, but this movie made me really sad on a lot of levels. I've read Harry Potter throughout the entire arc of my childhood, and I really sort of grew up with the cast. I remember reading the beginning of the series when I was in grade school, and reading the final one my last year of high school. It made me cry when I finished the last one because I felt like I'd grown up, I'm an adult now. When Harry Potter ended it ended probably the best phase of my life. Seeing the final movie (especially when my life is so incredibly different than it was when I saw the first movie) really struck a chord with me. The incredible sadness of the story only made it more intense.

I didn't expect this movie to be so good and to so accurately capture the same feelings the book gave me. It was really neat.

also the animated segment that told the story of the Deathly Hallows was AMAZING. It was such a unique (and PERFECT) way to tell the old folktale. The animation was incredibly engaging as well. It was probably my favorite part of the movie, I was so surprised and pleased.

That being said there are a few things that I missed in the movie. I'm really, really sad they left out the statue of James and Lily. When I read that part in the book I seriously bawl every single time. Harry's been running for so long and he's so lonely, and he finally comes back into a slightly populated area and there's finally proof that people care about him and are rooting for him. I don't know man, that part just gets to me so bad every time I read it. I was disappointed it wasn't in the movie, but the scene when he sees his parent's grave was really well executed. I DID CRY AT THAT PART TOO.

I also didn't remember hearing any mention of the radio program that was run by the Order. That was one of my favorite aspects of the story, I thought it was so neat and really would have added to the movie.

The other thing I didn't care for was how they downplayed Regulus' story arc. His redemption was so significant to me in the book, I was saddened that it was only really mentioned in passing. Regulus did such a huge favor for the side of good, and it was in his death that he redeemed himself. idk man that always hit home with me, I thought he was such wonderful character. Draco's story sort of echoes his (except he's not nearly as ballsy as Regulus) and it made it that much more important to the story. also I have a deep love for the house of black and everyone in it, especially the good guys. /FANGIRL

also, to think that regulus did all of that and his brother, who hated him until his dying day, never found out always made it that much more powerful to me.

i'm a loser pls forgive me

ON A SHIPPING NOTE H/H FOREVER AND
holy shit makeout scene half naked what the fuck

Isabella

Your Mom
I want to see this SO BAD but I won't be able to until next week. :( I keep reading from Potter fans that this one was the Best One Ever, but people who are casual fans/never read the books are getting confused?

On the shipper thing: I'm really not one, but a Harry/Hermione relationship is the only one that ever made any sense to me. I'll never get Ron/Hermione. They make no damn sense together.

Oh, and Part 2 doesn't come out till next summer and I already know I'm going to cry like a moron all through it. How sad am I.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
The scene at the beginning with the Muggle Studies teacher begging Snape. I am a huge Alan Rickman fangirl, and it amazed me how he can be so expressionless and not-acting but still be so riveting (I may be biased, as Snape is my fave character, but too fucking bad :awesome:).

I love Snape too and HNNNGH THE NEXT MOVIE IS BASICALLY GOING TO BE ALL ABOUT HIM FFFFFFF.

Helena Bonham Carter. I loved her in HBP and I love her even more now. She is actually terrifying. The scene where she tortures Hermione was physically painful to watch - it was almost like a rape scene.
That scene was disturbing as fuck. I kind of expected it to be a bit more violent, but holy shit it was so uncomfortably rapey. In a way that makes it even more horrifying.

The humour. This might sound odd as it's quite a dark movie, but there were a number of laugh-out-loud moments. Fave line in the movie was easily: DOBBY DIDN'T WANT TO KILL YOU. JUST MAIM OR SERIOUSLY INJURE.
This is something I neglected to mention in my previous post. The movie had sooo much fucking lulzy moments. The whole ministry section I was pissing myself laughing. I guess I didn't need to comment on it because the funny bits are one thing the movies tend to be pretty consistent on.

Ginny deserved more screen time

Could say the same thing about the books tbqh :monster:

I'm severly overtired and I'm sure this will sound nerdy, but this movie made me really sad on a lot of levels. I've read Harry Potter throughout the entire arc of my childhood, and I really sort of grew up with the cast. I remember reading the beginning of the series when I was in grade school, and reading the final one my last year of high school. It made me cry when I finished the last one because I felt like I'd grown up, I'm an adult now. When Harry Potter ended it ended probably the best phase of my life. Seeing the final movie (especially when my life is so incredibly different than it was when I saw the first movie) really struck a chord with me. The incredible sadness of the story only made it more intense.

I didn't expect this movie to be so good and to so accurately capture the same feelings the book gave me. It was really neat.

This is exactly how I feel about the series. I started reading the series back in 2000/2001 when I was around Harry's age in PS/SS. I've been hooked ever since, and I spent my entire adolescence loving the series. Then the the last book came out in 2007, the day after I turned 17 (YES THIS MAKES ME FEEL SPECIAL).

These books are very near and dear to my heart. I honestly felt like I've grown up along side with Harry and company. Seeing this movie hit really close to home, especially with the things that's been going on in my life the past two months. Godric's Hollow had me bawling my fucking eyes out. Going through some of the worst shit in my life right now, it's actually really comforting to have Harry there. It almost seems like being able to look forward to this film was some sort of cosmic blessing. Watching it made me feel less isolated from the world around me. It's kind of lame, but whatever, I don't really care. My connection to this series is something I'll carry around forever.

Fuck, now I'm shaking so hard and I don't know if it's because of the cold or if I'm trying too hard not to cry.

ON A SHIPPING NOTE H/H FOREVER AND
holy shit makeout scene half naked what the fuck
ilu :sadpanda:

On the shipper thing: I'm really not one, but a Harry/Hermione relationship is the only one that ever made any sense to me. I'll never get Ron/Hermione. They make no damn sense together.

Oh, and Part 2 doesn't come out till next summer and I already know I'm going to cry like a moron all through it. How sad am I.

ilu2 :sadpanda: and I'm probably going to be bawling in the lineup for part 2.

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA

Oh god, this. This is something I think a lot of older adults don't appreciate (ie, my mother). I really just don't have the words to properly explain how much a part those books played in my life growing up.

That being said there are a few things that I missed in the movie. I'm really, really sad they left out the statue of James and Lily.
THIS TOO. I got all excited when they came up the house, and I was just waiting on the edge of my seat for the statue to appear and it never did and I was all like fuuuu but promptly forgot because a few minutes later Bathilda's face was disintegrating ._.

Xpelair

Pro Adventurer
I watched it yesterday night with my uncle. It was AWESOME.

awesome_crying.png

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Ok sorry, I don't know what movie you all saw, but I was disappointed. This was just as big a letdown as the last two IMO. What the hell was up with

SIKE

I loved it!

- My favorite scene hands down was the animated Three Brothers tale. Kick. Fucking. Ass. That was an unexpected treat and absolutely fantastic.

- Emma Watson stole the show. She was brilliant, she looked great, she breathed life into every scene she was in and, like always, she did it without overacting. I mean, who else could sell giving Harry a haircut as something to get intensely jealous over? Outstanding.

- For some reason, Ron standing outside the Burrow gave me chills. I was like whoa, it's fucking Ron standing around being awesome, like in the books. Then his mommy called him to dinner and ruined it. Thanks Molly.

- I wish the Dursley's leaving was more elaborate. It was a great scene in the book and gave some closure to Harry's relationship with them. He could have at least shook Dudley's hand.

- On the other hand, the polyjuice scene was even better than the book. Goblin piss :lol:

- Was it just me, or did it seem like this movie had the best comic relief of them all? Best part: Harry fucking around with Hermoine's little flame jar and damn near blasting the roof off.

- The Malfoy Manor scene did not disappoint. I wish the movie had opened with that the way the book did. No biggie, I just thought it was a more dramatic opener. Charity Burbage's postmortem tear really made the scene.

- Oh, and I guess it's not Voldemort's style to wave a blingy wand around, but he wrecked the coolest fucking wand out there! What the fuck man?? Oh well, still another great touch.

- Ginny asking Harry to zip up her dress was the first believable chemistry between the two characters onscreen, and the first scene to do the couple justice. They should have run with it.

- Even split in two, this story leaves out possibly the most book information out of all the movies to date. This is not a bad thing, as they were very tasteful in selecting the important points to convey. But some of the points I found most interesting were sacrificed, like the picture of the Mauraders in Sirius' room, Lily's torn letter, Harry visiting his house...

- Did they lose the fucking prop for the invisibility cloak or what?

- I'm glad they worked in more screen time for Dobby. It would have sucked if he showed up just long enough to get killed.

- OMG. Back away from the test tubes, the chemistry is about to explode. They went so far overboard with the chemistry between Harry and Hermoine, that dance was probably more romantic than a narrowly averted kiss. NO, THAT SAD LOOK AT THE END DID NOT MAKE IT OK, YOU ALL LOVED IT, HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHIPPER SHAME. And "Merry Christmas, Harry" with her head on his shoulder... seriously, ever heard the phrase "emotional cheating"? And anyone else notice how Harry was ONLY watching Snape on the Map instead of obsessing over Ginny like in the book? Or that they skipped the part where Harry comforts Ron and compares Hermoine to a sister? They were supposed to be fucking miserable and barely speaking after Ron left, instead it was like they were struggling to stay in separate sleeping bags!

- Agree with the sentiment that they cut a lot out of Harry and Ron's falling back in. That should have been a Jerry Maguire-esque male bonding moment. And Harry was supposed to defend Ron a lot more vigorously to Hermoine. I suppose that would have soiled their shipper goggles.

- The scene where Ron destroyed the Horcrux was fucking cool though. My favorite scene right after the animation. Go Ron!

- Helena Bonham Carter. What can I say... bravo. Finally came off as more evil than sexy. (Although the sexiness is nice.)

- BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL. Apparently Voldemort HAS THE POWEEEEEEEEER. Wtf.

- Actually, I didn't think the movie was going to end there. I thought it would have ended on a cliffhanger when the trio gets kidnapped.

- And much more, but later, typing sucks...

Xpelair

Pro Adventurer
Ok sorry, I don't know what movie you all saw, but I was disappointed. This was just as big a letdown as the last two IMO. What the hell was up with
pc_phew.jpg

Nearly had a heart attack after reading that geez.

But then I knew none could resist the pure awesome epicness of it all.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Nearly had a heart attack after reading that geez.

But then I knew none could resist the pure awesome epicness of it all.

It wouldn't have been so fucking full of fail if
quit blowing my cover I'm messing with the spoilerphobes :awesome:

There are none so blind as those who will not see spoilers...

Top Bottom