Hope v 2.0 (Zerith club)

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
No, the moment Zack met Aerith, Cissnei was forgotten. :P Didn’t he just flirt with her, anyway? He used to do that, but not when he met Aerith. From that moment on, the „women’s man“ was gone.

I really wonder how the „timeline swapping“ could work... I mean, he’d leave his own timeline and that would entail a lot. It’d entail him leaving the unconscious Cloud, him leaving the AT Aerith... I mean, his timeline doesn’t cease to exist once he steps over, does it?

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Question: was Cissnei supposed to be competition for Aerith?
Japanese version
Zack: Anyway Cissnei---Do you think you could talk to my mother for me?
Cissnei: That's true. It'd be my pleasure.
Zack: Just don't say anything that would make them think you're my bride to be.
Cissnei: I've already told them.
Zack: How could you tell them something like that! Cissnei!

English version
Zack: Hey, Cissnei... Would you mind...keeping my folks company for a while?
Cissnei: All right. No problem.
Zack: They'll probably ask you to join the family.
Cissnei: Already happened.
Zack: What did you say? Cissnei!

I forget but I think this site has the translation of either CC Ultimania or CC Complete Guide, I just remember I read somewhere that Cissnei indeed has feelings for Zack but it's unrequited. The devs make the beach scene for referring the female friends Zack has that makes Aerith's jealous as interview below:

From Dengeki PSP Vol. 397
- In the beach scene there's a good atmosphere between Zack and Cissnei, but what's kind of relationship did they have?
Nomura: "There was a scene in FFVII where Aerith says something about Zack having other girlfriends."
Tabata: "It's meant to allude to that. Besides that, she's also one of the people who gave Zack support along the way. Some of those feelings are depicted in the DMW memory scenes."

“A guy who loves girls a lot” – That was what Aerith reflected on in FFVII, that Zack had a flirtatious streak, and was experienced in the treatment of the fairer sex. In BC, he gave compliments enough to set one’s teeth on edge to a female Turk member who was together with him on the same mission. As expected, there was a scene whereby he invited Cissnei, a young lady from the Turks, to a meal in CC. As a result of being able to surmise everything from each small deed, Aerith, who was in love with Zack, might perhaps have been jealous many times seeing all that… Zack’s Profile 10th Anniversary Ultimania

But you see in the actual scene, Zack not givin' fuck at all to Cissnei who is totally in bikini. He's even bored and tells her to go because he wanted to call Aerith!
Zack’s “I’ve managed to get a girlfriend” letter was left out in the parents’ home. If it was 6-7 years ago, it was about the time where he met Aerith in CC… Does that mean the girlfriend was Aerith? Zack seems to have a number of female friends, but especially informing his home means there’s no doubt that the partner is a SPECIAL one.

Aerith, the girl whom he met at the slum’s church. The existence of the girl, who had earnestly come to love Zack with sincerity, eventually became irreplaceable to him.

(Zack’s Profile, FFVII 10th Anniversary Ultimania)

Just as Kunsel tells him not to “just read mail that he gets from girls” in Scene 01-04, Zack’s flirtation leads to Aerith calling him a “ladies’ man” in “FFVII”. Zack himself, while on the run from the Shinra Army after the Nibelheim Incident, also talks to Cloud about having several female friends in Midgar who might be able to hide them. Indeed, he hits on Cissnei and the receptionist in this game, and the female Turks in “BC” when they met for the first time. However, Aerith alone appears to have been truly special to him, and he tells his parents in a letter that he found a girlfriend (Aerith). –Crisis Core Complete Guide

DutchDread

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Dutch Dread
Question: was Cissnei supposed to be competition for Aerith?

Yeah, I was having a conversation and someone brought up Cissnei as Zacks love interest and that came so out of the blue for me. I literally never saw her as such. He saw her in a bikini and still wasn't interested for gods sake.
I think this is mostly something Clerith fans cling to as a way to make Zerith less clear, but it really doesn't work.

@Graymouse Awww, the first picture with the Zerith-Family is a longtime favorite of mine! ❤️

Same, that picture, more than anything to me, shows emotionally why Cloti and Zerith is so good.
We can argue about themes and quotes and logic all day long, but in the end, doesn't an image of the 4 of them together like that not say more than a thousand words? I know people shouldn't be convinced by emotional appeals, but we are.

Last edited:

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
Another CC reference: There are two holes in Aerith's church :)

Lol that's hole become trending. 4000+ likes and 1000+ people talking 'bout it. But maybe more because of dick joke LMAO
Roche's English VA also retweet it and say "Hi Zack"

Here's the hole in CC
EaD3m23VAAEmNNo

EaDwKUWVAAACTT6

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
If yellow flower symbolizes reunion, then what is this?
LameScholarlyBlackfootedferret-size_restricted.gif
I know this isn't the same flower, but FF7R just uses "yellow flower" not specific "yellow lily".

From the best-known British Poem "An Elegy Written In A Country Church Yard", scholars said flowers blooming in deserted place means "someone whose heroic actions isn't reported in news or isn't recorded in history" ....thus, they have Cloud's dialogue with Denzel in the same context of the poet, honoring Zack, the hero that world would never hear about him.

but since it's yellow and Aerith is always symbolized by flowers, let's say it's also Zack/Aerith's reunion here.

Last edited:

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer
If yellow flower symbolizes reunion, then what is this?
View attachment 6692
I know this isn't the same flower, but FF7R just uses "yellow flower" not specific "yellow lily".

From the best-known British Poem "An Elegy Written In A Country Church Yard", scholars said flowers blooming in deserted place means "someone whose heroic actions isn't reported in news or isn't recorded in history" ....thus, they have Cloud's dialogue with Denzel in the same context of the poet, honoring Zack, the hero that world would never hear about him.

but since it's yellow and Aerith is always symbolized by flowers, let's say it's also Zack/Aerith's reunion here.

If not this, you could also point to the buster sword in the church next to the yellow flowers as symbolizing reunion.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
If not this, you could also point to the buster sword in the church next to the yellow flowers as symbolizing reunion.
That too.
But it can be also referenced to a famous local spot in London. About an unknown soldier's grave inside gothic abbey church. There's an epitaph on the floor that he was physically buried there.

Tbh, I wonder if Nomura as the director took those two British references to create the two added scenes in ACC.
It can be just meaning for honoring Zack since Buster Sword is his tomb, but .... it also heavily imply Zack and Aerith being together. Once again, church symbolizes Aerith's place and it was also the place the two spent more time together--it's Nomura's statement himself. The place Zack headed to. FFVII is full of symbols anyway.

Last edited:
Top Bottom