Hope v 2.0 (Zerith club)

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I just posted this message in the Cloti and Clerith fan club threads, but it has relevance for Zerith as well, so I'm going to repeat it here:

Sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled discussions with a little parade precipitation, but forum staff has been considering for a couple of weeks how and whether to address the matter of discussing The Other Ship in the fan club threads for Clerith and Cloti.

Historically -- and I'll be honest -- we've kind of ignored what has been said in these threads because keeping an eye on one place dedicated to Love Triangle Debate elements was enough. Of late, however, we've become increasingly aware of LTD-style posts being made in both threads, so a reassessment was needed.

The decision we have reached is to reiterate (or iterate for the first time, as the case may be) that the club threads are for fawning over their respective characters/ships, not for discussing the merits of other characters, ships, or the fandoms of those ships.

Now, for clarity's sake, it's one thing if a new or returning poster asks a question like this:

Thanks! 65 pages vs 270 pages... I'm guessing they take to other avenues to discuss or perhaps they are quite the minority?

Asking that or answering it is rather qualitatively different from breaking down the ways in which one thinks the other ship can't float or its fans don't know an oar from a rudder.

Let me also attempt to clarify that I get how even just fawning over one ship often involves quoting material posted to tumblr, Reddit, Twitter, etc., and that fawny material posted in such places often comes mixed in with critique of The Other Guy's Navy (as well as the Zerith ship, for that matter). That, unfortunately, has become so ubiquitous in the culture of the fandom that it's probably much easier to come across postings like "Here are some tender, beautiful observations of Cloud and Tifa's consideration for one another that show how they are meant to be in the remake. Also, Clerith is just one of Ondore's lies. ::blows raspberry::" -- but I'm willing to wager that one can still reference such material while keying focus in on the gushing.

That's what is going to be asked of you anyway. We can't do anything about the toxicity that festers elsewhere, but we are going to do our part to clean it up here. Please help out and be part of that.

Thanks for your attention and consideration.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer
tumblr_inline_pcurbmvKir1rcao29_1280.png

AERITH’s THEME

• Original “other” Title: A Flower Blooming In The Slums
  • Vocalized version title: Pure Heart
  • Vocal by: Rikki
  • Arranged by: Nobuo Uematsu
  • Included in album: Suteki Da Ne B-Side (2001)
[listen via youtube] [lyric via FF Wikia]

tumblr_inline_pcurbmk9km1rcao29_1280.png

ZACK’s THEME

• Original Title: The Price of Freedom
  • Vocalized version “added” title: I Want to See Your Smile
  • Vocal by: Stephanie
  • Arranged by: Takeharu Ishimoto
  • Included in album: The Death March (2014)
[listen via youtube] [lyric via FF Wikia]

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
I have a question, I am less versed with proof for Zerith than I am with proof for Cloti, but the two often go hand in hand.
I was wondering what the general consensus here is about the whole "Aerith is over Cloud" argument.

What are peoples views on maiden who travels the planet, and quotes like Aerith undoubtedly loving Cloud more than Zack in dismantled?

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer
I have a question, I am less versed with proof for Zerith than I am with proof for Cloti, but the two often go hand in hand.
I was wondering what the general consensus here is about the whole "Aerith is over Cloud" argument.

What are peoples views on maiden who travels the planet, and quotes like Aerith undoubtedly loving Cloud more than Zack in dismantled?

Not canon. Never was. This thread is for Zerith content, not LTD.

I just posted this message in the Cloti and Clerith fan club threads, but it has relevance for Zerith as well, so I'm going to repeat it here:

Sorry to interrupt your regularly scheduled discussions with a little parade precipitation, but forum staff has been considering for a couple of weeks how and whether to address the matter of discussing The Other Ship in the fan club threads for Clerith and Cloti.

Historically -- and I'll be honest -- we've kind of ignored what has been said in these threads because keeping an eye on one place dedicated to Love Triangle Debate elements was enough. Of late, however, we've become increasingly aware of LTD-style posts being made in both threads, so a reassessment was needed.

The decision we have reached is to reiterate (or iterate for the first time, as the case may be) that the club threads are for fawning over their respective characters/ships, not for discussing the merits of other characters, ships, or the fandoms of those ships.

Now, for clarity's sake, it's one thing if a new or returning poster asks a question like this

Asking that or answering it is rather qualitatively different from breaking down the ways in which one thinks the other ship can't float or its fans don't know an oar from a rudder.

Let me also attempt to clarify that I get how even just fawning over one ship often involves quoting material posted to tumblr, Reddit, Twitter, etc., and that fawny material posted in such places often comes mixed in with critique of The Other Guy's Navy (as well as the Zerith ship, for that matter). That, unfortunately, has become so ubiquitous in the culture of the fandom that it's probably much easier to come across postings like "Here are some tender, beautiful observations of Cloud and Tifa's consideration for one another that show how they are meant to be in the remake. Also, Clerith is just one of Ondore's lies. ::blows raspberry::" -- but I'm willing to wager that one can still reference such material while keying focus in on the gushing.

That's what is going to be asked of you anyway. We can't do anything about the toxicity that festers elsewhere, but we are going to do our part to clean it up here. Please help out and be part of that.

Thanks for your attention and consideration.

Stiggie

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Stiggie
Not canon. Never was. This thread is for Zerith content, not LTD.
I read that, figured this went here since it's a pure question about Aeriths feelings regarding Zack, and wasn't meant as a discussion on the LTD in general (which is about Aerith/Tifa and Cloud.

eleamaya

Pro Adventurer

What are people's views on maiden who travels the planet, and quotes like Aerith undoubtedly loving Cloud more than Zack in dismantled?
In Maiden, it was said that the feature Aerith likes from Zack the most is his smile. In CC, it's his eyes.
Also, Zack is a bit OOC too there. Can you imagine he said "I hate Shinra, I hate Sephiroth" comin' from his mouth?
And if you played CC, can you imagine one of his first sentences in his reunion with Aerith is "You're the best out of the girls I ever hang out/dated" ??
No wonder she rejects him there.

In Dismantled, it explains Aerith's brief meeting with Zack in her monologue in Gongaga after she met his parents that.... they weren't in a relationship at all. They're just like.... meeting once or twice when she's selling flowers. But since he's so kind although he works for Shinra, she fell for him and she cried she can't meet him again when Shinra reported him MIA. With that experience, she considers it's a first love. Just that. So yeah, I believe she loves Cloud more than Zack.

And the writers of those two materials are the same person, and it's not Nojima. It isn't just about canon and not canon. Nojima wrote the scenario for CC, and you see how Dismantled and Maiden Who Travels On The Planet is no longer relevant to describe Zerith's relationship Nojima (also Nomura) has fleshed out.

Last edited:

Sasseli

~*:Newbie:*~
Maiden is total nonsense in my eyes. The characters are totally off, I didn’t enjoy reading it at all, because there’s so much WTF in there. I don’t recall much tbh, but the dialogue with Zack especially sticks out like a thorn. (But iirc a lot of characters were totally off, like, Pres. Shinra, for example, right?)
I don’t know the author, don’t care enough to look it up, but it reads as if a huge Clerith wrote that. I don’t get how this was even allowed to be published. It’s so against the established canon, it hurts.

rodinstars

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Poring
Maiden is total nonsense in my eyes. The characters are totally off, I didn’t enjoy reading it at all, because there’s so much WTF in there. I don’t recall much tbh, but the dialogue with Zack especially sticks out like a thorn. (But iirc a lot of characters were totally off, like, Pres. Shinra, for example, right?)
I don’t know the author, don’t care enough to look it up, but it reads as if a huge Clerith wrote that. I don’t get how this was even allowed to be published. It’s so against the established canon, it hurts.
But Cloti is the endgame in Maiden, quote Aerith: "You did it, Tifa. Thank you... I'm a little jealous of you but, do take care of Cloud and the upper world."
I read Maiden in another language (another fan translation), and Aerith sounds a lot nicer to Zack. It almost seems like they are...flirting? (with Aerith being tsudere)
Obviously Maiden doesn't do their characters any good, but it actually flows into ACC (Aerith back with Zack) if we take Zack's last line into account: "Doesn't it make you fall in love again?" (another translation "Why not try to fall in love with me once more?")

MasterMoogle

Pro Adventurer

But Cloti is the endgame in Maiden, quote Aerith: "You did it, Tifa. Thank you... I'm a little jealous of you but, do take care of Cloud and the upper world."
I read Maiden in another language (another fan translation), and Aerith sounds a lot nicer to Zack. It almost seems like they are...flirting? (with Aerith being tsudere)
Obviously Maiden doesn't do their characters any good, but it actually flows into ACC (Aerith back with Zack) if we take Zack's last line into account: "Doesn't it make you fall in love again?" (another translation "Why not try to fall in love with me once more?")

It's not canon, and it reads like badly-written fanfiction.

Top Bottom