Hopes for Remake & Rebirth (story/content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
He buys is for 300,000, then when meteor appears in the sky, all of the rich people from Midgar flock to Costa del Sol, and you can sell it on for MILLIONS

Meteor falling. Corporate overlords. Investment property schemes. Truly it is the end times.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
The thing that doesn't seem quite right about the plate drop, to me, is that it displays such an incredible level of incompetency that I can't wrap my head around how President Shinra ever built such a large and powerful corporation. Destroying 1/8 of the city, with no intention to repair it, in order to maybe stop 6 dudes with a few bombs, seems like an attempt to fix a small problem by creating a massive problem. I can't wrap my head around how someone who carelessly makes such destructive decisions could have created an empire.
Maybe we just caught President Shinra in the midst of a mid-life crisis. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I am going to have to take back this post in honor of Donald Trump. Everything makes complete sense now.

Stryfe

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
TheScrub96 (League of Legends)
Honestly, a large part of me just wants this game to be exactly like the original FF7, except with current-gen graphics and flashier animations for summons/limit-breaks. However, I think it would be nice if they cleaned up the translation job a little, though: "This guy are sick", oh Aerith, you crazy flower girl... XD I also hope they update the hidden scene for Zack's death to include the army of soldiers he fought BEFORE being killed by 3 Shinra grunts, because the original FF7 interpretation of that scene kinda makes Zack look like a chump. Other than those small things, I say just keep the game the way it is.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Okay, totally spit-balling....

But after the line "Don't get me wrong, I don't care about AVALANCHE or the Planet for that matter!"

.... then you are allowed to leave.

In fact, then Midgar becomes a complete open world. Potentially 300+ hours of missions, Arkham City meets Skyrim. Detective missions. Dangerous missions. Full exploration on top of the Plate. Night and day system.

All the while, though, Tifa is looking for you. Her AI is hot on your tail. When she finds you, a cutscene happens - rendered in real time depending on where you run into each other. Cloud remembers the Promise, and the next AVALANCHE mission becomes available.

Stryfe

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Haha, I actually like that idea as well (maybe it's just 'cause I've spent so many hours on Skyrim, Fallout, etc.)! I can only imagine what players would do to glitch out that Tifa AI, though... XD

But after the line "Don't get me wrong, I don't care about AVALANCHE or the Planet for that matter!"

In fact, then Midgar becomes a complete open world. Potentially 300+ hours of missions, Arkham City meets Skyrim. Detective missions. Dangerous missions. Full exploration on top of the Plate. Night and day system.

All the while, though, Tifa is looking for you. Her AI is hot on your tail. When she finds you, a cutscene happens - rendered in real time depending on where you run into each other. Cloud remembers the Promise, and the next AVALANCHE mission becomes available.

I'd pay extra for that.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I bet someone would hack the game to see how far they can go and explore without having to worry about Tifa catching up. I bet some NPCs would get different dialog if you talked to them during that time.

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer

Well, that sounds familiar. A while ago I had made the suggestion of open-world Midgar with day/night cycles, weather, loads of side-questing... so I can only agree. I did not have the idea of Tifa being searching for Cloud, though, that's pretty interesting.
However there's the issue with pacing - finding the right balance between offering an open world experience and maintaining a narrative drive.

OneThousandCuts

Pro Adventurer
*Cough* *Cough*

Alternative ending that shows what happens if Sephiroth wins

*Sneeze* *Belch*

What? Why the cock-eyed glances? I said nothing. Must have been the wind...Makes strange noises these days, it does.:wackymonster:

Starling

Pro Adventurer
You mean like how Banjo Kazooie showed that whenever you died or left the game normally? I think the closest we'll get is that demonstration of what happens when the Planet is depleted of spirit energy.

OneThousandCuts

Pro Adventurer
Oh Starling, buster of my bubbles...Oh well. So long as Supernova is AMAZING, i'm sure my dark, twisted little fan-girl's heart will be just fine :lol:

Mayo Master

Pro Adventurer
*Cough* *Cough*

Alternative ending that shows what happens if Sephiroth wins

*Sneeze* *Belch*

What? Why the cock-eyed glances? I said nothing. Must have been the wind...Makes strange noises these days, it does.:wackymonster:
Ha! That reminds me, when the game was new and there were all sorts of crazy rumors, I tried to see if there was an alternate ending if you let Cloud be beaten in his final confrontation versus Sephiroth.
The result was very anti-climatic:monster:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I just can't wait to see HD shirtless smirking Sephiroth and HD Safer Sephiroth. With tan skin and slicked back hair.
YES PLEASE.

Stryfe

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
I just can't wait to see HD shirtless smirking Sephiroth and HD Safer Sephiroth. With tan skin and slicked back hair.
YES PLEASE.

Haha, that escalated quickly... :monster: Well if we're gonna go THERE, I can't wait to see the HD renditions of Tifa and Aerith again. Sure, we got to see plenty of both in ACC, but there's no such thing as too much Aerith, and Tifa's outfit in ACC wasn't nearly as... "yum" as the original. :awesome:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Well with Aerith though, we hardly get to see her at all in HD, since she's, well, dead in AC/ACC. So this'll be such fun seeing them all in HD, all the time! :D

Stryfe

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
That's true, but we did see a lot of her in CC. It wasn't exactly HD, but even then, she had a pretty detailed character model, and the FMVs were very well done! So I suppose in the remake, the only direction they can go is up! :D I'm also pretty pumped to see the Weapons in HD, they were already pretty awesome in the OG!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Oh yeah, the Weapons, for sure! I'm hoping Sapphire Weapon will get some more screentime, I thought that one had an interesting design that we don't really get to see. Also, if they still have the submarine exploration (which they SHOULD), it would be fun to see Sapphire's remains in the bottom of the sea floor, next to Junon.

Stryfe

Lv. 25 Adventurer
AKA
Yeah, that would be a lot better than the boring old crater in the OG. XD I can imagine players looking at the pretty new Sapphire Weapon model while Emerald Weapon silently swims up from behind... :'( But yeah, I agree, I hope they keep the Submarine/Highwind exploration in the game (and just the world map in general). That kinda stuff was one of my favorite parts of the game!

55-

Probably Evan Townshend

I actually hate this idea?? For pacing's sake. Do you really think you would sit there and play like 100 hours of gameplay and then be willingly dragged back into the storyline of the game? Optional side missions in games are scattered throughout for a reason. You don't want that completely distracting from the actual game. You especially don't want to throw 300+ hours of optional content directly in the beginning of the game. So many people would never progress the story. And the story is so important in the type of game FFVII is. Damn near paramount.

You're talking about trying to cram an entire game into the beginning of a completely different game. This would be much better handled as two games. Or a DLC, but 300+ hours of content ain't DLC, that's a $50 at release game.

If they were going to put open world Midgar material in at all, I'd place it at the point in the original that would have been the beginning of disc 3.

They actually handled this really well in the original game, I think. There's some lil side missions you can do throughout the game, but for me personally, I'd hold off on every thing I could until the point where the game is like "We're off to the North Crater!" because at that point, if you have played video games and understand their structure, you know, okay, I've got one more dungeon and a final boss and then I'm done. Now I can totally ignore the manufactured sense of urgency, that giant meteor in the sky, and I can just go chill, revisit places, breed a gold chocobo, help the kalm traveler, play in the gold saucer, buy a villa. And know that at any point in time you can bop back in the airship and go spend a couple hours finishing off the game.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
They actually handled this really well in the original game, I think. There's some lil side missions you can do throughout the game
Are there? The only one I can think of between NEW GAME and reaching the Gold Saucer is Fort Condor, and even that can only be done a couple of times. That's about a quarter of the game with just one side mission.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Well I'd like to begin by saying that my "spitballing" comment was a way to anticipate your argument about expensive content. Since you've decided to have the argument anyway, my rebut is this: All 42 pages of this thread are pipe dreams and honestly we'll be goddamned lucky if they even include everything in the original game -- I'm not talking sidequests, I'm talking main quests and character development. This is going to be a half-baked piece of shit of a game and deep down we all know it.

This thread is a safe place where we should be encouraged to dream up all sorts of fun additions to the original FF7 game while imagining shiny graphics and camera control. Why can't we have BOTH 300 hours of solo-Cloud detective missions at the beginning and 300 hours of full-party Midgar exploration on disc 3? WE CAN HAVE BOTH THIS THREAD IS ABOUT DREAMS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom