Ef00lY0.png

zgjgsXj.png

S9A1lMq.png

lY163qD.png

Ykejd0H.png

More shall follow. If anyone still cares. :wacky:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I still haven't played the DLC, is it any good/worth buying?

Frozen Wilds is absolutely worth the purchase, IMO. It adds a sizeable new territory to explore with new characters, weapons, and armour. New, challenging machines which can lead to some amazing battles, new wildlife to hunt and resources for crafting. The questline is also pretty lengthy and there are some great improvements that Guerilla have made on the character animations during dialogue scenes (but only for the DLC; animations in the base game aren't improved by much from what I could tell). It also adds a good amount of lore and details fleshing out the world some more.

This just came out on the Playstation youtube channel: HZD - Inventing Instruments

A short video on the musical instruments found in the world of HZD.

I love that they're putting out this kind of thing, even though it's about a trivial aspect of the game world that doesn't often catch our attention. I think learning about how they went about with the world building and design really helps to enhance my experience with the game and gets me more involved and attached to the universe they've created.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'd say it's worth it so far. I stopped playing because I couldn't change the difficulty, I'll have to dig through my saves on the PS Plus storage to find my original game save. Or else, I'll have to start the game through again... not that I'll mind. :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
The snowy landscapes of The Frozen Wilds are so beautiful ;__;

I don't want to leave yet but I guess I should get back to the main story at some point.

*looks at recommended level for story quests*
Level 16 - 18
*looks at current level*
55 :awesome:

That Banuk gear is gonna wreck everyone's shit so hard when I get back from the Cut.

The Daemonic Scorchers and Frost/Fireclaws in the DLC are quite challenging and fun to fight actually, even at this level. Encountering the first Scorcher was a bit of a wake up call.

On a sidenote, I enjoyed those Hunter's Lodge sidequests with Talanah in the main game. Kinda sad that her role is now over because...

TlngyoR.png

Last edited:

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
I shipped Aloy with so many of the women in the game. Talanah, Petra, Vanasha, and now with the FW, I've added Ikrie to the list.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
I just started this a few days ago, and I'm loving it. I've hit level 26, with the story quests being in the.....16-18 range :P

It's so purty. Even the desert is breathtaking.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Being able to change difficulty mid-game is a wonderful thing :monster:

Played on Normal for the most part but after doing the DLC, levelling up quite a bit and having all that powerful DLC gear, getting back to the main story was kind of underwhelming.
Upped the difficulty to Hard for a while, wasn't much of a change.
Now on Very Hard it feels different. Biggest thing to get used to is that Very Hard seems to take away that aim assist feature. You actually have to aim more precisely now and lead your shots for moving targets etc.
I kinda like that but it's hard after having been conditioned by the aim assist for over 70 hours.

I'm mainly going through the story missions now, time to finally finish it. Seems like I'm getting close to the end now I've just been at
the Zero Dawn facility. Interesting that Hephaestus taking over CYAN from the DLC was referenced a few times when Sylens and Aloy conversed. I assume that was added in after the fact.

That mission was a bit of an info dump all at once but I enjoyed it nevertheless.
Also met the guy who killed Rost again...man, I didn't even remember him, I played that part of the game 9 months ago :lol:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Finished the game. :D

Suitably epic finale although the final boss essentially just being another Deathbringer + others was a bit disappointing.

Seeing all the sidequest people come to my aid before the final battle was a nice touch. Even the DLC people were there!

Looks like I only need one more trophy for the platinum...it's knocking over the dummy grazers from the beginning area. :'D

edit: Alright, Platinum achieved. =P

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
This game has caught my interest for a while now, and I'm thinking about possibly getting it after Christmas.

I want to know from people here on TLS why you like it and why I should get it.

Convince me. :wackymonster:

Well, here I am over a year later, having just got the game on Sunday and holy moly azkfcbjsjdvbxfdkhv. I wish I would've played sooner. I'm not that far in, and I'm only level 5, but I'm doing some side-questing and exploration to get ahead of the power curve.

The graphics are just amazing, and the scenery of the location I've seen so far is just utterly gorgeous. Score is good so far, but haven't heard any real zingers that get my blood pumping.

I got a new copy at Gamestop for 20 bucks that had Frozen Wilds with it. I had originally gotten Monster Hunter World on Friday when I went to pick up Resident Evil 2 for the hubs, but I played it for about 2 days before I just uninstalled it and took it back. I'm sure it's fun to play, but even the cute little cat sidekick wasn't enough to keep me interested. I need a good story, and I need amazing characters. Horizon Zero Dawn has exactly that. Can't wait to play more!

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Been using what little free time I have to game. I'm nearly 80 hours into HZD and maybe... Halfway through the story? I've explored all the cauldrons and overridden all of the tallnecks.

I could honestly gush about this game and its story all day. Aloy is a great character that I relate to wholeheartedly. I think the story is amazing, and the gameplay has the right amount of challenge (for me at least) while still being fun to play. I'm getting more and more adventurous with the 'action-y' type games I've been playing and I'm loving every second of it.

I've been told that the gameplay in the Frozen Wilds DLC is a bit more polished, but I have no problem with how it is now. Were there aspects of it that some of y'all didn't like when you first played it?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Been using what little free time I have to game. I'm nearly 80 hours into HZD and maybe... Halfway through the story? I've explored all the cauldrons and overridden all of the tallnecks.

I could honestly gush about this game and its story all day. Aloy is a great character that I relate to wholeheartedly. I think the story is amazing, and the gameplay has the right amount of challenge (for me at least) while still being fun to play. I'm getting more and more adventurous with the 'action-y' type games I've been playing and I'm loving every second of it.

I've been told that the gameplay in the Frozen Wilds DLC is a bit more polished, but I have no problem with how it is now. Were there aspects of it that some of y'all didn't like when you first played it?
the NPCs are more interesting in the Frozen Wilds DLC, the main game really need Aloy and Sylens to do all the heavy lifting. In this the DLC addressed my main complaint with HZD.

Fangu

Great Old One
I never finished the Frozen Wild DLC (can't remember what distracted me) but I'm considering it if

Erend is in it?

Yes? No?

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
I never finished the Frozen Wild DLC (can't remember what distracted me) but I'm considering it if

Erend is in it?

Yes? No?

He's not. IMO Frozen Wilds has better NPCs then main game (not counting Sylens) though.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Frozen wilds was great for introducing new weapons and like Roger said the NPCs were better but I feel like they could have done so much more with it.

If they don't do further games I think they're missing a massive opportunity as they have only scratched the surface of the AI's involvement.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I’m just ploughing through Frozen Wilds right now. Like the vanilla game, it’s excellent.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I bought it on sale a long time ago, finally started messing around with it the last couple weeks. It's cool, hasn't completely enthralled me or anything but it's enjoyable. Also beautiful.
I'm bracing for the Ubisoft-open-world-burnout. But the combat is definitely more satisfying than anything Ubisoft's ever done.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
I bought it on sale a long time ago, finally started messing around with it the last couple weeks. It's cool, hasn't completely enthralled me or anything but it's enjoyable. Also beautiful.
I'm bracing for the Ubisoft-open-world-burnout. But the combat is definitely more satisfying than anything Ubisoft's ever done.

It’s mercifully brief, I’m not burnt out at all. The skill progression expands with the world, so when you’re not finding new robots, you’re finding new ways to fuck with familiar ones. I think there’s only about 1-2 dozen quests in the whole game, so enjoy it! ^_^

Top Bottom