How many of you finished ff7

Homura Akemi

Just a lurker now ;3
AKA
Black★Rock Shooter, Hatsune Miku, Rin, Rin Okumura, Zack Fair.
How long did it take you...or if you have not finished it, where are you?

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Finished it quite a while ago, took me about 50 hours I believe.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I borrowed it from a friend of my mom's at her work, played straight through in two weeks, played through a second time, returned it, and later on bought my own.

As a note, I say all RPGs should be played twice - first time to get a feel for it, second time now that you understand the game better and to do the stuff you skipped the first time.

I didn't bother on the first playthrough, but stopped after defeating Hojo. Next playthrough I did everything - fought the weapons, bred and trained a gold chocobo, all the sidequests. Defeating Sephiroth took about five minutes; I was really surprised how easy it was.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I didn't bother on the first playthrough, but stopped after defeating Hojo.

Shit, that's like walking all the way to Mt. Doom with the ring, and then deciding to go home.

DrakeClawfang said:
As a note, I say all RPGs should be played twice - first time to get a feel for it, second time now that you understand the game better and to do the stuff you skipped the first time.

Don't miss anything the first time and you won't have to. :awesome:

But, yeah, I agree. I even forced myself to go through FFIX a second time. Telling myself the whole way, "God, I'm fucking stupid."

Dark and Divine

Pro Adventurer
AKA
D&D
First time, I finished it in about 20 hours. I only followed through the storyline.

Played more 4 times, completing a few more sidequests with each playthrough.

My ultimate playthrough lasted about 94 hours.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Same as D&D... I played only for the story line at first. My other game file had a lot more hours on it, when I replayed and actually tried. xD

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Finished it only the first time I played it. It took me around 80 hours, since I was too stubborn about maxing all my crew and getting all the special Materias and the Golden Chocobo :awesome:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
First time I played it, I stopped at Corel Prison because I got stuck and went to get a guide :monster: Second time around I finished it and did everything, though.

But, yeah, I agree. I even forced myself to go through FFIX a second time. Telling myself the whole way, "God, I'm fucking stupid."
Your taste in games (or lack there of).

:kermit:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I think it took me 60 hours or so, a pretty good average for the PS1 era FF games I played. Only played it once though, maybe once and a bit.

100+ on the PS2 ones, :monster:.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Took me about 60 hours when I beat it 10 years ago. I borrowed my friend's copy and played up to the Wall Market, then bought my own.

Playing Xenosaga, I made it all the way to the final dungeon and realized, after random encounters were slaughtering me, that I had completely missed the ability system and had to restart.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Your taste in games (or lack there of).

:kermit:

Hey, it's not my fault the game had shit gameplay and a shitty cast of characters. :monster:

Really, outside of Beatrix, Vivi, Freya and Kuja, what's it got going on? Mikoto's more interesting than most of the crew.

I wanted her in my fucking party. I'd have traded Steiner, Eiko, Amarant and Quina to make it happen.

EDIT: And to address the question in the thread's opening post, I don't remember how long it took me. Probably about 70 hours, because I tried to do everything before fighting Seph.

Last time I looked at the file, the clock was at 99:59, so who knows how much time I've spent in the Gold Saucer. :monster:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Never beat. Never beat FFVIII either, but that's because I fucking hated it. Also, FFIX was badass, Tres can eat a dick imo.

Reonarudo Butsuchiru

Mischievous Boy
AKA
Reonarudo, Chiisutofupu, Butsuchiru, ReonarudoButsuchiru
It took me like two weeks top because at the time when I got (seven) I didn't care about anything else and I remember actually staying up till' 4 a day until I finished it trying to get passed Bahamut.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Many times. Last time it took maybe 50hrs? I forget. I know I was playing it on my PS1 while I unlocked everything in Guilty Gear XX on my PS2 (which takes 72 hours of playtime, all spent in training mode) and I had a lot of time left over after I beat FF7.

I also set my fire and forget Ruby strategy last time.

Dee

sweet dee
AKA
Bun, Academic
It took me about two weeks to play the first time through at around 60-65 hours. I've tried playing it again, but I just can't seem to get through it. I want to, though! I really do, just been busy playing other newer games.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
I finished it after 2 years of getting it. My first copy had a glitch that made the game freeze on every random battle I had on disk two, and then I got to the part where you fight Sephiroth and just...kinda forgot about it. But I finally finished it after hearing about the ending. c:

Really, outside of Beatrix, Vivi, Freya and Kuja, what's it got going on?

I'm a raging Dagger fangirl, but I can see where she doesn't appeal to everyone, however...

You didn't like Zidane? Really?

what

i don't even

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
FFVII... I don't remember how long it took me but I've played it many o times. Mostly to get different date scenes :P I felt bad for Aerith the first time I played because I screwed up that barrel thing so badly XD

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
FFVII... I don't remember how long it took me but I've played it many o times. Mostly to get different date scenes :P I felt bad for Aerith the first time I played because I screwed up that barrel thing so badly XD
Actually, it wasn't until several years later when I replayed it (still not beating it) that I realized those barrels could MOVE. So I always had Aerith fight the Turks cause that's what I thought you were supposed to do.

Top Bottom