• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

How will you celebrate on April 10th?

youffie

Pro Adventurer
Since the game is now releasing so close to Easter, I’ll be in my hometown… which means I’ll be playing with my sisters. I have to say it’s kinda nice how that turned out, since I first played the game with them all those years ago and I have so many shared memories with them about this game.

EXCEPT NOW I’LL BE THE ONE PLAYING AND NOT MY BOSSY OLDER SISTER, HA

My only real problem is that my boyfriend is coming over on the following Tuesday, since I’ll be turning 30 exactly seven days after the Remake comes out (how poetic) and he would like to watch and play the game from the beginning… But I’m not sure I’d be able to finish it by then even if I rush it like crazy, lol

Don't know about the rest of you but the calling for FFVIIR makes me have a sudden urge to...dress up in a black cloak...and...murmur...things...and...walk while...rocking back and forth...

EQ5Rer_W4AEKjqZ

CAN...YOU...HEAR?

RE...MA...KE...

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm not sure how I'm gonna do the whole FFVII remake thing. My roomie will let me borrow her PS4 if I buy the game, which is not a problem, but I've realized recently I have no native HDMI output device anymore for audio/video and haven't had the opportunity to think about it. I've had issues splitting audio and video on my PS3 with the adapters I had available - I tried splitting video over HDMI (through a VGA adapter) with audio over component (through a 3.5 adapter). I doubt those two interfaces were ever designed to be used concurrently.

I've got Bluetooth headphones, but compatibility is not guaranteed. And the PS4 still doesn't have a native 3.5 jack. I really don't feel like having to deal with getting non-native devices to work because it is so easy to fall down the adapter rabbit hole and end up with a bunch of crap that doesn't work. For example, I once bought a VGA/HDMI adapter that didn't work at all even though it was advertised as a true signal converter. New monitors are expensive, compatible headsets are expensive, the game is expensive...

EDIT: Waaaait a minute. It looks like the controller has an actual 3.5 jack and there aren't many complaints about it. That may be the thing that works. HDMI->VGA for video and native 3.5 plugged into the controller for audio.. What I'd really love is to be able to utilize this with my VGA projector instead, which I think could be quite possible.

/nerd

Last edited:

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
My friend got me this FFVII Pepsi promotional cup for my birthday years ago:
View attachment 4773
I promised myself I wouldn't drink out of it until the remake came out, and I've been waiting like 4 years now. The drink is gonna be baha blast mountain dew because it's mako colored.
That is one hell of a release ritual. Mad props for getting the Pepsi promo cup, by the way. You have good friends lol. It looks great! Great condition, too.

I really don’t know what I’ll do the day of release...I mean, I’ve been doing another playthrough of PSX FF7 to hype myself up until then. Maybe I’ll make some art.
Otherwise, I’ll just buy the game, sit back, and relax. (For like seven hours in honor of FF7) Oh! I was learning the FF7 theme on piano, the emotional variant when everybody’s leaving Midgar. Maybe I’ll finish learning it and play it on my piano before I boot the game up.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Cool cup!
Out of all the FF7 bullshit I own, that cup is my favorite.
Odysseus, my man! The drink is even Lifestream / Mako colored, that’s really following through.

That alone made my night, lol.
lol thanks! I've had this silly little plan in mind for like four years now, and I went out of my way to find a Mako-colored drink. I also saved one of the B u t t e r F i n g e r bars that I got for the DLC too because why not. I'm currently regretting all of the sugar and caffeine I've had today, I feel like I'm dying a little bit.

Last edited:

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate

lol thanks! I've had this silly little plan in mind for like four years now, and I wnet out of my way to find a Mako-colored drink. I also saved one of the B u t t e r F i n g e r bars that I got for the DLC too because why not. I'm currently regretting all of the sugar and caffeine I've had today, I feel like I'm dying a little bit.
Glad you got the game! Hope you're enjoying it!

Prism

Pro Adventurer
AKA
pikpixelart
Time really flies by faster than I thought... Didn’t end up practicing piano, but I did finish the pre-Remake playthrough I started - just in time.

So, that’s got me amped up.

lol thanks! I've had this silly little plan in mind for like four years now, and I wnet out of my way to find a Mako-colored drink. I also saved one of the B u t t e r F i n g e r bars that I got for the DLC too because why not. I'm currently regretting all of the sugar and caffeine I've had today, I feel like I'm dying a little bit.
(Cue Barret’s “Are you high on Mako?” line)

Top Bottom