I know What's Beneath the Snow Fields, a ridiculously long FF7 fic from 1999

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Book is DOOONE.

This edition is $70 due to using high-end ink, but if any of you want it I can make a much cheaper version for $25 that uses worse ink. I would have made it right away, but I figured none of you would actually buy the thing lol.

Once again, I'll remind everyone that I DO NOT make a profit from this, I get zero money out of this whole thing. The exorbitant pricing is all the manufacturing cost. It's a labor of loooove. Maybe I should post a paypal donation link lol.

I should get my copy in a few weeks, I'll show pictures then.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It's beautiful. I'm in awe at the creativity from both you and the fandom around Snow Fields. What a wonderfully authentic time capsule. Looking forward to Part 2.
Thank you! Give some props to Angela too, I couldn't have made it without her.

There's gonna be a delay before part 2, I want to see what else I can dig up first. Maybe see if I can make contact with Zahra herself.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
Alright, I guess it doesn't need to be a secret, since I doubt I'd be able to get in contact with her anyway lol.

I was looking for the person who was the domain owner for the Snow Fields website because she'd be one of the only people who could still have some of the old image files, but after following the trail of her other sites, I found out that somewhere around 2009 she started a long and fruitful career as an Opera singer and had appeared in a season of "The Bachelor". She's like, a minor celebrity now.

It was just... the most baffling thing that's happened through the duration of this project lol. Everyone else I found from back then mostly stayed in the fandom sphere in one way or another, usually as artists. So this was just such a weird thing to see in comparison.

Sent her an email but I really doubt I'd hear back, which sucks because I have so many questions now.

cloudy

Rookie Adventurer
This is extremely cool. as someone who's a little bit unhealthily obsessed with old FF7 fan content, particularly physical media, I definitely will be picking up a copy. It's genuinely such a cool concept, I'd love for it to catch on so I could have a whole bookshelf full of fanfiction lol. never read this fic but I will once I have it in print, thanks for all your hard work

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
It looks like the same that was used for one of the ff remake books. The one that had the highway scene on it. I've been trying to find out what kind of paper it is :(
The selection I made in the program was "Standard Color 70#", which is their higher end paper despite the name. I don't know if that's different for the cover material, but I know it's different from the cover I got when I last made a paperback book with the "Economy Color 70#". That one was smoother, more like the material VIZ uses for its manga. This one has more texture too it.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
The selection I made in the program was "Standard Color 70#", which is their higher end paper despite the name. I don't know if that's different for the cover material, but I know it's different from the cover I got when I last made a paperback book with the "Economy Color 70#". That one was smoother, more like the material VIZ uses for its manga. This one has more texture too it.

Ok, thanks!

Top Bottom