Innocent Sin v2.0 - Vincent x Lucrecia

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
I believe they mean in the sense of all the guys idolized her, or crushed on her. Wasn't the word used at some point in reference to how the boys from Nibelheim all crushed on Tifa? Can't think of where to provide quotes, but I thought it had been at some point. Either way, it was translated by someone around here if you wanted to ask.
Yeah, that was what I thought, but the same article said Hojo and Lucrecia were the only members of the team. :huh: Maybe she was popular in the ShinRa Science Dept. Which, with Hojo and Hollander as competition, wouldn't be hard. :monster:
I've come across quite a few of those in my time. I've actually found that Hojo fangirls tend to be HojoXVin shippers on the side. If I were to play psychologist, I'd say it's probably because they resent Vincent for having Lucrecia's affections, but at the same time they acknowledge Vincent's attractiveness, so rather than pair the man they resent with anyone else, or leave the man they'd like to root for out, they put Vincent and Hojo together. Or, it could also be a mechanism for them to keep Vincent away from Lucrecia, in a "If Hojo can't have Lucrecia then Vincent can't either!" sense. Hojo fangirls are almost always HojoXLu shippers, also. But I digress.

@spoiler: oh dear god. o.o
I always thought that maybe they had a secret BDSM kink, and this was how it expressed itself. :P Seriously though, I really don't get why people would pair Vincent and Hojo together...

RE: spoiler reaction: yeah, that pretty much how most reviews for that fanfic start. :monster: And it gets more complicated.
I think most people have that reaction, and the tendency to say that they "changed" her from how she was in FF7, but we didn't really SEE her in FF7. Certainly not enough to know how flirty she was or was not. Obviously, if what was in the EMF was what they started with, it wasn't contrived for DoC.

I wasn't too surprised by her personality in DoC in any respect. She was actually just as I had envisioned her. Vincent surprised me more.
I wasn't really surprised, more sort of "huh? Oh, I see... that's wasn't quite how I'd've written it, but there you go. This is good, too". Oh, and - EMF? :huh:

Smaddy

Green Mage
Could I be added to the club?

Totally late, totally last one to know as usual but...

Thank you Ravynne for linking that retranslation of DOC on the front page. It's made me slightly reconsider my opinion of it- I can see that the game's translation wasn't accurate enough. I like how poetically Vincent speaks in the retranslated script. It's accurate to how he tended to speak in the original FF7. They lost that when they translated DOC to English, and made him seem just aloof, weird, spacey...

I saw a few other lines that really make the game seem better. I guess when they translated it, they tried to make things lighthearted when they shouldn't have? It just ended up sounding cheesy.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

that one Lucrecia fangirl
AKA
Ravynne
Manti said:
Which, with Hojo and Hollander as competition, wouldn't be hard.
Right? But don't forget Grimoire, Gast, and Gillian, too. :> And Gillian was said to be quite the hottie in her day. I wonder if she and Lucrecia knew each other.

Manti said:
Oh, and - EMF?
Early Material Files. I cba to write that out all the time. :monster:

KissTheRain said:
Aww, put me on LucreciaxVincent is my favorite FFVII pairing. <3
Duly noted and added! :D

Smaddy said:
Thank you Ravynne for linking that retranslation of DOC on the front page. It's made me slightly reconsider my opinion of it- I can see that the game's translation wasn't accurate enough. I like how poetically Vincent speaks in the retranslated script. It's accurate to how he tended to speak in the original FF7. They lost that when they translated DOC to English, and made him seem just aloof, weird, spacey...

I saw a few other lines that really make the game seem better. I guess when they translated it, they tried to make things lighthearted when they shouldn't have? It just ended up sounding cheesy.
Likewise for you. And you're welcome, though I am/did/have been slacking majorly. I should have that whole thing formatted and posted by now, but I tend to take too many projects upon myself. At the very least, I've saved the raw versions that I got from Souya to the website where people with higher access settings than myself can go in, edit, and publish it should I vanish from the internet or lose my hard drive.

But keep in mind that it's just a fan's translation. it's not the end-all-be-all, but it gives us a broader idea of what the original words meant when we can compare tow different translations of the same thing.

Smaddy

Green Mage
But keep in mind that it's just a fan's translation. it's not the end-all-be-all, but it gives us a broader idea of what the original words meant when we can compare tow different translations of the same thing.
I understand that, I just use it for comparison purposes.

I studied foreign language for years, and no matter what, something is always lost in translation. You quickly learn how much a specific word means a specific thing (as is our case with the whole ending of DOC thing), and if someone misunderstands or doesn't translate appropriately, it can mess up the original intentions of the text (as we've seen).

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
I studied foreign language for years, and no matter what, something is always lost in translation. You quickly learn how much a specific word means a specific thing (as is our case with the whole ending of DOC thing), and if someone misunderstands or doesn't translate appropriately, it can mess up the original intentions of the text (as we've seen).
Exactly.

Also, I've added As Crimson As My Sins to the fanfiction list at the bottom of the first page of this thread. I probably shared it with you guys before, but in case I didn't, you should read it because it's beautiful.

As Crimson As My Sins, by Dance Macabre

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Welcome to the club, KissTheRain and Smaddy. ^_^ Hope you both enjoy your time with us.
Right? But don't forget Grimoire, Gast, and Gillian, too. :> And Gillian was said to be quite the hottie in her day. I wonder if she and Lucrecia knew each other.
Well, as the resemblance between Gillian and her son is equal to the resemblance 'tween Luci and Seph, then Lucrecia was way hotter. :monster: Gillian was probably more what they call a "handsome" woman, rather than a beauty. :)

cba? :huh: It's OK, I know what that means... :P I'll have to check that fanfic another time, as I've almost ran out of time tonight. But still, thanks for linkage! :)

As for things lost in translation... Moses crossed the sea of reeds, and Cinderella wore fur slippers. ;) And, yes, those examples are true. Random, but true.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I had a question I thought the VinLu club could answer for me: is Lucrecia still alive in her crystal? I thought FFVII showed she was, but I have no idea.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
I had a question I thought the VinLu club could answer for me: is Lucrecia still alive in her crystal? I thought FFVII showed she was, but I have no idea.

This is a difficult question. I prefer to think that she's half alive and half in the Lifestream. Since we can see her finding Protomateria in it, but she's also able to shed tears while in Crystal. So, yeah...
But she is "dead" in a sense that she cannot uncrystalize herself and be a living person again.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Thanks for the cosplay pics, aniron. ^_^ I'll have to check the youtube vids another time.

Well... life and death doesn't seem very clear cut in the FFVII universe. :/ In Lucrecia's case, she's in a (possibly eternal) coma and encased by crystalised lifestream/mako. However, she does show brain activity, as evidenced by when you go to the cave in VII (psychic projection, possibly?) and in DC,
at the end, I can't remember exactly what Vincent says to her other than "thank you and I'll see you around", but as he leaves, a tear rolls down her cheek

Also: most of the trouble Sephiroth caused was post-mortem. So, yeah - "death is only the beginning", indeed. ...Who said that? :huh:

Smaddy

Green Mage
Those cosplay pics are awesome!

I think the statement that she's in a half-living state is probably closest to accurate.

Plus, don't forget her statement when you first meet her in FF7: "The Jenova in me won't allow me to die so easily." So, she is capable of dying, but it's not so simple.

"Death is only the beginning" ? I think the closest is at the Temple of the Ancients:

Sephiroth:
Only death awaits you all. >But do not fear.
For it is through death that >a new spirit energy is born. >Soon, you will live again as a part of me.

Last edited:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Since Jenova was discovered in some sort of crystal too (where Ancient put her, cos apparently it was the only way to kill or at least immobilize it), I think Lucrecia figured that she should do just the same.
Jenova didn't die completely and so didn't Lucrecia. But I doubt she could now change her mind and uncrystalize herself... besides her story is over, Vince got over her and said his goodbyes. She won't have any "screentime" unless it has something to do with Sephiroth.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Good point, aniron: if the Cetra originally enclosed Jenova in crystalised lifestream, it would make sense why Lucrecia did the same (also: why Sephiroth does so at the Northern Crater).

Of course, her chocie of location was probably due to her and Grimoire finding the ProtoMateria there...
"Death is only the beginning" ? I think the closest is at the Temple of the Ancients:

Sephiroth:
Only death awaits you all. >But do not fear.
For it is through death that >a new spirit energy is born. >Soon, you will live again as a part of me.
...Heheheheh... it wasn't a FFVII quote... Googling the phrase suggests "The Mummy", but I've only seen that a couple times. :huh: Oh well...

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Of course, her chocie of location was probably due to her and Grimoire finding the ProtoMateria there....

Protomateria as far as I know wasn't found in that cave, it was Chaos who was destined to awake there.

Last edited:

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Oh, I found this quote! :headbang: Knew it was somewhere on TLS.

The crystal object that Lucrecia has been sleeping throughout DC, is it possible that she could be alive?

Chiba: She is still alive. In FF7, she became an entity that possesses a body that won’t die [perish] “that easily,” so she was always inside the crystal. However, it is not to say that it is entirely impossible for her to come out of the crystal, as Lucrecia was just in a state of sealing herself inside. Furthermore, that crystal is a product of Lucrecia herself. However, those who have seen the ending will understand that words can be [properly] communicated to her.

Kitase: Though it is not certain whether or not it [Lucrecia’s feelings/words] can be transcended to Vincent, he constantly visits her place and talks to her. In DC, Lucrecia’s feelings can be passed through [understood] by Shelke [with SND], but the last tear that we see Lucrecia shedding is implying the undermined uncertainty, “Did it really get through?”

Smaddy

Green Mage
Thanks for that quote aniron. I think I'd seen it before, but I honestly hadn't read it thoroughly enough.

So she 'could' come out of that crystal, huh? I had assumed at the end of DOC it was all over with - either that she was basically 'dead', or was stuck in the crystal.

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Thanks for that quote aniron. I think I'd seen it before, but I honestly hadn't read it thoroughly enough.

So she 'could' come out of that crystal, huh? I had assumed at the end of DOC it was all over with - either that she was basically 'dead', or was stuck in the crystal.

Theoretically she can... But if she didn't come out during DoC, I doubt she ever will. Besides that, the ending where Vincent said his final goodbye to her strongly implied that her story is over.
Not that Im against Lucrecia coming back to life, I just think it's highly unlikely.

Kamui

Laying the Beatdown
AKA
Kamui, Amaya, Ammy
Hmm, well that ending did seem pretty final, but if the secret ending is any indication, then she may be back yet. Even if Vincent had said goodbye, I bet he'd still think about her a lot. That's how it is when you care about someone. A goodbye doesn't mean the end, if anything it means, "I promise that we will see each other again."

aniron

it's me in a labyrinth
AKA
spirit chaser
Hmm, well that ending did seem pretty final, but if the secret ending is any indication, then she may be back yet.

What for?...

Even if Vincent had said goodbye, I bet he'd still think about her a lot. That's how it is when you care about someone. A goodbye doesn't mean the end, if anything it means, "I promise that we will see each other again."

As much as I think that would be lovely, I seriously doubt that Vince and Lucrecia will ever get together.
I honestly think that it took Vince so long to get over her is because of the "sins" he believed he commited towards her. Not that it was the only reason, of course he WAS in love with her.

DoC I think was made mainly to explore Vincent's background story and so he could get his well deserved happy ending.
And what would be a happy ending for Vincent?
Finally atoning for his "sin" - for one.
Getting over Lucrecia - for two.
There is no need for the guy to pine over her for ages. He should get a normal life at last.
And the ending made it perfectly clear (at least to me), that Vince got over Lucrecia and is ready to start a new life.

It's not a happy ending for Lucrecia though. But she's just that kind of character. She also atoned for her sin, she helped Vincent with Chaos and Omega, ie she helped saving the world which also could be considerd an atonement for Sephiroth.
But after all that she had been through I don't think there is a great desire from her to live. She's glad that Vince is well and alive, sad that he said his goodbye and walked away... and that's that. I don't think there'd be more for her.

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
As a reminder, the VinLu fan club is not the place to discuss anti-VinLu sentiments. Please review the club charter on page 1 and be respectful of the context of where you are choosing to post. The belief that Vincent is "over" Lucrecia, or needs to get there, would have been better discussed elsewhere.

I know those posts are old now, but, let's not see it happen again. :)

And now for a change of subject: What's your favorite VinLu moment in the compilation?

Ravynne Nevyrmore

AKA
Ravynne
Some lovely VinLu fan art I found this morning, but unable to track down a credit for either:

23938437.jpg

tumblr_mprpn6SrEt1rl1xf4o1_500.jpg

If you have any leads, do share. =)

Top Bottom