Jen, The Sarah Saga, And Where She Went

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
My exposure to this has only been through Fredrik Knudsen’s Down the Rabbit Hole of it. And I just thought that Zack always seems to have crappy luck. Funnily enough, I think this occurred before Crisis Core so he truly was just a very minor character at the time.

I still can’t fathom the idea that anyone would think being Hojo or Jenova in another life is good. Like… talk about a red flag.

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
A lot of us came from a forum where the admin thought she was yuna from ffx and later fell in love with the cloverfield monster. Weird shit is our raison det’re
Interesting. But at least Yuna is a good person.

Imagine thinking you were two evil people in another life….

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Was she actually in love with the monster? I thought she was just obsessed with the movie in general.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I would say "you had to be there" but I still don't get it.
I'm all for people doing whatever floats their boat, but this story is crazy. There's a line you don't cross, and these people got rid of the line lol

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm all for people doing whatever floats their boat, but this story is crazy. There's a line you don't cross, and these people got rid of the line lol
Look up "Snapewives." This concept crept into the FFVII fandom through Sephiroth with more than one member.

EDIT: The ACF craziness and FF house were two different stories, I'm talking about ACF mostly.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I’m vaguely familiar with the story, I believe. Somewhere between “Super Abusive Cosplay Cult” and “Roommate Nightmare Descending Into Madness.”

I’ll say this, a healthy fear of other human beings has kept me alive more than once, and I’m thankful for it. There are some real disturbed folks out there.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
OMG @ this thread 😂 I've never read past the 2nd post with the article before tonight

If you want to relive the trash fire, it's all still on the web archived version of this thread lol.

I managed to find the Zack x Cloud site "Zack" from the story ran back in the day that got Renee's attention in the first place. No retelling of this whole saga ever bothered to show it, which made me think the whole thing was fake because I couldn't find it anywhere, but now I believe this whole thing a bit more.

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
OMG @ this thread 😂 I've never read past the 2nd post with the article before tonight
Yeah I just read through that whole thing. What can I say, I'm a messy bitch who lives for drama. But ffvii house is old news. SummonerYuna you say? I hear so many vague allusions to what went on there and I would so love to hear the whole story. Someone who was there should write their own "warning to the ffvii fandom" page and start their own legend that people can constantly come back to after years :monster:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Her encyclopedia dramatica page is easily findable. Though, it's worth warning prior to reading - it was written anywhere between 2004-2007. It was uh... a different time:monster:

I mean as cringe as it is, it does offer a lens as to how the discourse around her was, back then.

Last edited:

Fangu

Great Old One
Currently sick and bored I fell down the rabbit hole (again) and wow. Why is this so fascinatinggg

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Her encyclopedia dramatica page is easily findable. Though, it's worth warning prior to reading - it was written anywhere between 2004-2007. It was uh... a different time:monster:

I mean as cringe as it is, it does offer a lens as to how the discourse around her was, back then.
Mine is equally cringe but yeah it was the early 2000's and I had a lot more hair back then XD

GamerSkull

Pro Adventurer
I read the ED article on Summoner Yuna. Wow. Just wow.

So what’s the lore? ACF was the proto-TLS? Or is it that everyone just migrated here when that went under?

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
I'm honestly kinda curious who wrote the ACF stuff on there in general. I didn't bring it up since it kinda slandered people that are still on TLS and last I checked it has socials on it that are still active.

Hilariously, I was not mentioned there, though I believe my contemporary with whom I destroyed the Spam Games section was. :monster:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Sometimes I wish I'd been around in the ACF days, known the truly old timers that long. Then threads like this one remind me how glad I am I skipped that whole mess :awesomonster:

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
So then I’m right in assuming ACF was separate and people just migrated over here when it went under?
Yes. I do think there was an interlude through FFOF, though, which was a splinter community forum that had formed when ACF was still up. I was pretty done after the fiasco personally and only came to TLS in 2013, five years after the fallout.

Sometimes I wish I'd been around in the ACF days, known the truly old timers that long. Then threads like this one remind me how glad I am I skipped that whole mess :awesomonster:
It was chaotic. Fun hell, as they say, at least for me. I think a lot of us remember it fondly partially because of nostalgia, but also because it was bustling and a lot of us found community within the community. However, there was a lot of fucking trolling. A lot of us avoided certain parts of the forum because of the 4Chan level of toxicity and bad faith. The debate section and the FFVII LTD were also heated. My best memories generally took place in the clubs and in the Crystal Inc team (there were four private forums, or "teams" within ACF, that all had different cultures), wherein the trolling was nonexistent or limited, so we could all be stupid cringy teenagers with parasocial relationships in peace. :monster: There were some people that took parasocial to the next level though, like the admin, SY. Overall, there were a lot of different people there and a lot of factions, and drama ensued. And in spite of it all, fun times were had. I remember one year when my father went MIA on Christmas, I spent the day and night on ACF shitposting with my Crystal Inc people, and it was lit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom