Jessie, Biggs, and Wedge's Roles in the Remake Thread

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Just because Jairus shit the bed doesn't mean you have to dislike the character. The fact a minor NPC got this far is pretty interesting to me. I'd like it if they added Biggs and Wedge too though.
While I'd be either lying or incredibly delusional to deny that the whole fiasco with Jairus took its toll on me, I don't think at any point was I ever on board with the trio surviving. I'm still firmly in the "it cheapens their death" camp.

Hmmm.... You know what, I had particularly morbid thought. I could be convinced there's a way of bringing back the trio without trivializing their sacrifice if they did something that we really haven't seen thus far in the FF7 universe: they don't just walk off their injuries. Some or all of them survive, but with lasting physical and/or mental injuries, missing limbs, the whole messed-up gritty reality that comes with serious trauma. Something that adds real gravitas to what they went through.

KindOfBlue

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Blue
While I'd be either lying or incredibly delusional to deny that the whole fiasco with Jairus took its toll on me, I don't think at any point was I ever on board with the trio surviving. I'm still firmly in the "it cheapens their death" camp.
Yeah as far as he goes I dunno if validating somebody’s obsessions is the best thing for them, as the saying goes “you give an inch and they take a mile” but that’s neither here nor there...either way, for them to make such a hooplah over Biggs and Jessie’s deaths only to bring the former back and to tease the latter, I’m not yet convinced that it’ll be all sunshine and rainbows for them even if they do survive past their OG deaths

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It's worth re-mentioning that the look of Jessie in Remake was designed by Robert Ferrari, and the design was inspired by Roberto Ferrari's wife, so there's probably someone internally who's just as happy to have her character appearing in more content that is entirely unrelated to particularly self-important pockets of fan-obsession.

Super cool that the more major NPCs are getting ways to make appearances in side games and things like that.

X :neo:

oty

Pro Adventurer
AKA
ex-soldier boy
Wasn't there a theory we would see an actress Jessie blazing through Gold Saucer while having zero recollections of her time as an Avalanche member and of any of her friends? I always thought that was really interesting, but I'm still having a difficult time grasping all of this

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Wasn't there a theory we would see an actress Jessie blazing through Gold Saucer while having zero recollections of her time as an Avalanche member and of any of her friends? I always thought that was really interesting, but I'm still having a difficult time grasping all of this

If by 'theory' you mean, "someone on the Internet has made speculation that, because we haven't seen solid confirmation that they're definitely not doing that, then it's technically possible however wildly improbable" then most likely that's one that's been presented before, and if not – congratulations for doing so.

:awesomonster:

X :neo:

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
The trick to Wedge's survival is that he hijacks on Sephiroth's spirit in the lifestream and becomes Wedgeroth, the one-winged cat guy.
I'm calling it now: since destiny has been literally killed and anything is possible, this is what happens.

Wedge, having been crushed under Sector 7's collapsing plate, dies a hero's death. His final act was to toss an armful of kitties the last few feet necessary to clear them out of harm's way, before being flattened into the Midgar soil.

As his soul departs his mangled corpse, he sees nothing but absolute darkness. The absence of anything is oppressive and infinite. Just as the tinge of despair begins to tickle at the edges of his mind, far off in the distance he sees a faint greenish light. It calls to him. He floats closer to it, and the light grows stronger, warmer. He can't say why, but he knows that it just feels... right. This is where he belongs. He's coming home. As he draws near, he can see lazily drifting tendrils of spirit energy, inviting him closer, promising relief from this tiresome existence. "I hope my cats made it out okay," he thinks as he closes the gap. "I'll see you again one day. Everyone's getting belly rubs!"

He reaches out a finger, and a single stream of energy splits off from the others, reaching towards him. The warmth is so strong now, washing over him, and now through him, relaxing him to his very core. "The guys are never gonna believe this," he says to himself, as his fingertip gently makes contact--

The light vanishes.

Wedge snaps his head up, as if waking from a dream. He's still floating, but it's not... this is... something's wrong. "Wha-? Where am I?"

In the distance, a low chuckle.

"Hello, Wedge. It's so nice to finally meet you in the flesh, so to speak." Wedge turns toward the voice, and is greeted by a face framed by long, platinum-white hair, a knowing, thin-lipped smile, and cat-like blue-green eyes.

"I have so many wonderful things to show you."

Top Bottom