Kingdom Hearts III

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
d0iLkUC.jpg

Also, epic LOL @Square Enix. They should have released the fucking game this month since it was ready.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I'm pretty confident I read that they could have released it in time for Christmas but chose to do it next month. Is that not correct?

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
I'm pretty confident I read that they could have released it in time for Christmas but chose to do it next month. Is that not correct?
The team was ready for 2018, but marketing came to them about a simultaneous release. There was apparently some issue about some regions having their own preferable release windows. The January dates are basically a strategic compromise.

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
Just wanted to come in and say I'm so excited for this game! Story still confused me until I saw a 35 minute YouTube video on the story and it made things better. Even tho I have the bundle of all the games for the ps4 the YouTube video made more sense to me than playing the actual games. Except for CoM. I tired when I was a kid and hated it. I just tried again a couple months ago I hate it still. That stupid card system. I can't.. lol.

And Axel is my favorite. I hope there's lots of him. I also heard that there will be no final fantasy characters. Is that true?? I hope not..

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Just wanted to come in and say I'm so excited for this game! Story still confused me until I saw a 35 minute YouTube video on the story and it made things better. Even tho I have the bundle of all the games for the ps4 the YouTube video made more sense to me than playing the actual games. Except for CoM. I tired when I was a kid and hated it. I just tried again a couple months ago I hate it still. That stupid card system. I can't.. lol.

And Axel is my favorite. I hope there's lots of him. I also heard that there will be no final fantasy characters. Is that true?? I hope not..
Since the story now involves a large amount of original characters, it would make sense to move focus away from the FF ones. I would be surprised if we didn't see the Radiant Garden characters though

Soakette

Donator
AKA
Jess
Since the story now involves a large amount of original characters, it would make sense to move focus away from the FF ones. I would be surprised if we didn't see the Radiant Garden characters though

Ah, yes that makes sense. The Radiant Garden characters are who mainly I was thinking of. I cant imagine that place without Cid and Leon. Maybe we can have optional battles with Cloud and other characters tho at the Coliseum.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
This is the last word I've seen on the status of the FF characters:
https://www.usgamer.net/amp/kingdom-hearts-3-final-fantasy-tetsuya-nomura-news-e3-2018

Nomura said KH no longer needs FF to prop it up/its cast and story can stand on its own, and that there are also many KH-specific characters needing attention in this game to wrap up their stories -- but he did imply the FF characters would still be there. At the least, he said don't expect there to be none.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Nomura is basically saying what I've been thinking for a while now too. KH really stands on its own now and for the FF crossover aspect there's now a bunch of actual FF branded games that can scratch that itch. I'm okay with the amount of FF being dialed way back. It'll never be completely gone and that's okay too.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I just realized the dude who jacked these games lives a rather short distance from me, and right across the river from where I grew up. After listening to him talk/spew profanity, I am so not surprised this guy is from Gastonia.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
In other words, those who bought the 'Naughty Copy' of the game won't be able to see the Epilogue and Secret Ending until later date while those two endings will be with the full game when it releases for real next month, right?

Makes sense.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
the epilogue is probably just gonna be some vague teaser of whatever comes next in the series. I don't think it's gonna function like a conclusion.

Anyways, I came here in hopes of getting spoilers but I guess nothing too substantial has been leaked yet. I'm hoping to get an entire plot breakdown in the coming days. I wanna be prepared to follow along with what's going when I eventually play.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Weeeeelllll, I've discovered a few spoilers over KH13 Forums.

The Prologue is longer than even KH2 Prologue, which is given. In the start of the game, you play as KH1 Sora(again) in the Station of Awakening area...KH1 deja vu, anyone? Finally, there are also picture frames showing past events and stuff.

I won't reveal anymore spoilers other than this.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Like how they remade "Your world" from the Little Mermaid sequence in Kingdom Hearts 2.

...I think you can blame Xehanort for that. If it was him, then you can beat him up until that guy's a million dead pieces, lol. Plus, he's been around way too long and I'll be so glad that he'll be gone after the final battle.

As much as I wanna see FF characters as you do, especially Cloud, Tifa and the Restoration Committee, I strongly think that the only FF characters we'll be seeing in total in KH3 is just the Moogles and they'll only be available for shops in almost all of the worlds that are selected.

Speaking of worlds, I want Agrabah to return, but like with the returning FF characters, I don't see that happening at all.

TooManyFandoms

Uses the internet
1. They're seriously going to remake the Let It Go sequence, singing and all? YESSSS!!!

2. WHO THE FUCK MADE SORA CRY IMA KILL THEM!

3. While I don't want spoilers, low key I rly wanna see the FF characters so if anyone sees that let me know.

I haven't played any of the KH games, but I feel that, given the proximity of KHIII to the remake, they'll at least have Cloud show up somehow. I know Nomura said KH can "stand on its own now" without the FF characters, but we all know how much square loves their cross marketing :P

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
We've seen that Radiant Gardens is a world. So it's not like the FF character can have just vaporized into thin air. They're going to be there.

What's more likely is that so much time is focused on the other worlds now that Radiant Garden's won't have a story arc, but will just be a mere pitstop to regroup. At the very least you need to stop over there by way of getting to Hundred Acre Woods.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Maybe not since no one appeared in BBS even for a micro second. They're probably taken off and not even be encountered as though they never existed.

Like how Agrabah is taken off due to the new Princesses of Heart(thus the Aladdin Trilogy in KH3 does not exist yet POTC is yet they decided to go straight to At World's End without Sora being in the Dead Man's Chest storyline as the second movie will only be in cutscene flash-backs which is a stupid decision if you ask me).

Speaking of the Princesses, here's whom I think are the likely candidates and I'm not counting Boo from Monsters Inc since, while it is a Disney movie, it's also Pixar while the other new worlds who have girls and Princesses are pure Disney.

1: Elsa.
2: Anna.
3: Rapunzel.
4: Pochantas(Maybe).
5: Tiana(From the Princess and the Frog).
6: Moana, Lilo(since Stitch is back as a Summon), or Kida(unlikely due to being 800 years old, thus she might have been around in the first Keyblade War). But if they decide to use Boo...well, not much to say on that matter.

Plus there aren't really any new Disney movies or other Disney movies that have Princesses of Heart except for Mulan, but that world's not returning either, and neither is Mushu. Plus Mulan is 20 years old now, Disney wise, and with a Live Action Reboot(Yes, reboot, not remake due to changes in the story and some characters being replaced AND Mulan having a
Younger sister
) coming out in 2020 while the Live Action Remake of Aladdin coming out next year, that's not happening either.

Unless the other twist is that Xehanort had found the time to kidnap the six other Original Princesses to steal their hearts while tricking Sora's group into thinking there are new Princesses of Hearts except for Kairi who is the only one who is from the current generation of Princesses of Heart and the new one.

On the other hand, what if Kairi lost her status due to Namine using the power of Darkness to open up that corridor to send her and the others back to the Realm of Light before the two merged to become whole and Xehanort saw this as a realization that Kairi is now a Guardian and not a Princess and thus decided to find new Princesses just in case Jasmine, Snow White, Cinderella, Alice(who is still the youngest, being twelve years old now in KH timeline), Aurora and Belle end up having darkness develop in their hearts and that Jasmine, like Kairi, could now be capable of fighting(as shown in the King of Thieves movie where she sucker-punches one of the Forty Thieves and states angrily, "That's for ruining my Wedding")?

There was a mention about a "Pure Heart developing Darkness" or something like that in the recent trailers, and while it could be Sora, or maybe Aqua, I can't help but think that maybe Kairi has darkness in her heart now due to Namine and being a Keyblade Wielder.

Guess we'll have to find out next month.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
@Tashasaurous Zack was in BBS, he was the only FF character but he was still there granted I don't mind if they FF characters don't appear but it's be nice if they did make a cameo all things considered

Aladdin had had A LOT of acknowledgement in the previous games I think it's time for a fresher take I'd rather they stepped back from a lot of the precious world's.

Tash I think you should stop speculating about Kairi not having POH status, Namine is a special type of Nobody. She was born fron Sora's body and soul as well as Kairi's heart, if Kairi's heart hadn't rested in Sora's body then she'd never have been created when Sora sacrificed himself to save Kairi and the other Princesses, it's why they don't have a nobody and Kairi does and her having a nobody doesn't mean her heart's tainted.

Being a keyblade wielder has absolutely nothing to do with it either, Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade as child and unintentionally performed the keyblade inheritance ceremony, it was completely by accident that it happened.

Top Bottom