Kingdom Hearts III

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Social media: Please be alert for people spoiling early copies of KHIII illegally sold
Square Enix: Hold my fucking beer.

Holy shit. DO NOT WATCH FINAL BATTLE TRAILER.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
It does and it doesn't. It's not the ending the way some people might reactively think it is. It looks like something that'll happen 3/4ths of the way, and we're getting a very nontraditional final dungeon after that.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I've been staying clear of trailers for months now anyway. I'll just continue my series playthrough and get hyped that way :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I know, but it would've been awesome to see Cloud again in KH3.

They haven't done the King of Thieves part, though. I know Jafar's not the main bad guy here, but they would've at least had the same closure with Aladdin in KH3 and then start of fresh in KH4 with Sora going on more adventures.

I did say "What if", I didn't say that it was confirmed. I am aware of Namine's status and everything, and how she got her Keyblade from Aqua and Riku. It's just a thought.

This Final Trailer though has me mixed with various emotions; I am amazed with the Final World which looks totally awesome and a very unusual change of pace compared to the other final worlds in previous Kingdom Hearts games. I expected this one to be dark-ish and gloomy similar to the Keyblade Graveyard and even the dark final dungeons in other games through the years. Kingdom Hearts 3 is a new level of a final dungeon being in a place where the sky is blue, the clouds are fluffy and the city, despite that cruel fool Xehanort taking command off, is absolutely awesome and fun to explore. Wish I can explore that for real.

Another thing, though, I am very upset that the heroes and
Lea have to suffer cruel punishments of suffering and death(which looks like that even the Disney Trio are going to be killed off which is something Disney never did before).
I am even more terrified and upset with the upcoming ending now.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Eh. I've already made up my mind that the ending is going to be

Sora will have been dragged to his lowest point, all his friends stripped away, and Xehanort has gotten everything he wants in his artificial utopia. But now Sora will spend the final dungeon getting all his friend's hearts back, and ultimately they will all live to be victorious over Xehanort. That little cat thing dropped a big about "You already know how to restore people's hearts" Which Sora has only ever done once, but proves that he can do it again if the situation calls for it.

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Tash I have bit my tongue for a very long time browsing this thread but i'm saying it now, please stop speculating that someone is going to die.

I've seen numerous posts while reading this thread in the last few months from you and you are so fixated on the whole idea of death or someone dying in this game, it's all you ever seem to talk about and it's incredibly frustrating that you won't come away from it or move on from it and honestly I am really struggling to understand why you are so fixated on this one particular thing you think is going to happen.

One minute you've speculated it's Kairi, then Sora and now you think it's someone else. Speculation about certain plot points or theories about the game is fine but you sound so much like a broken record on this particular issue and you have nothing to back up your theory up that makes people go actually that's an interesting point or a good theory.

If they're going to kill one of the characters they are not going to give anything away about that they'll want it to be the shock factor and so far I've seen nothing to hint one main protagonists is going to kick the bucket in this game the most I've seen Nomura say is that some of the characters won't appear again, which if he decided to start a new story or saga could absolutely mean we won't see some of the old faces again.

If a major character does die it'll be sad and moving and it'll be a conversational piece and spark ways and theories to revive said person in the game for years to come but until then enough and please for the love of god drop it already.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
All I particularly care about is which FF characters will actually be a bonus boss when all is said and done this time around.

Sephiroth was a pretty big sell back in the day, as was Cloud and I think Leon (Squall), but I definitely want to know what they come up with this time around.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Eh. I've already made up my mind that the ending is going to be

Sora will have been dragged to his lowest point, all his friends stripped away, and Xehanort has gotten everything he wants in his artificial utopia. But now Sora will spend the final dungeon getting all his friend's hearts back, and ultimately they will all live to be victorious over Xehanort. That little cat thing dropped a big about "You already know how to restore people's hearts" Which Sora has only ever done once, but proves that he can do it again if the situation calls for it.

Would that include
Lea, Terra, Ven, Aqua, Roxas, Xion and Namine and especially Kairi?
If so, then I hope you're right.

Tash I have bit my tongue for a very long time browsing this thread but i'm saying it now, please stop speculating that someone is going to die.

I've seen numerous posts while reading this thread in the last few months from you and you are so fixated on the whole idea of death or someone dying in this game, it's all you ever seem to talk about and it's incredibly frustrating that you won't come away from it or move on from it and honestly I am really struggling to understand why you are so fixated on this one particular thing you think is going to happen.

One minute you've speculated it's Kairi, then Sora and now you think it's someone else. Speculation about certain plot points or theories about the game is fine but you sound so much like a broken record on this particular issue and you have nothing to back up your theory up that makes people go actually that's an interesting point or a good theory.

If they're going to kill one of the characters they are not going to give anything away about that they'll want it to be the shock factor and so far I've seen nothing to hint one main protagonists is going to kick the bucket in this game the most I've seen Nomura say is that some of the characters won't appear again, which if he decided to start a new story or saga could absolutely mean we won't see some of the old faces again.

If a major character does die it'll be sad and moving and it'll be a conversational piece and spark ways and theories to revive said person in the game for years to come but until then enough and please for the love of god drop it already.

Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I was over-reacting, but the way the trailer looks, it's like a combination of Infinity War and
World of Light where Galeem has killed everyone except Kirby in the very beginning of the story and one of the bad endings is that guy getting what he wanted after the defeat of his dark counterpart,
and I hated how Infinity War ended and hoped that it wouldn't be like that in KH3.

The closest of I was hoping for some old faces not being seen again is that they're busy were their restored lives while Sora, Riku, Kairi and hopefully even Mickey, Donald and Goofy face new evil to fight, and we all know that Xehanort is definitely ancient history after KH3. THAT'S an old face I'm glad to not see again after this final battle.

Just hope ChipNoir's theory is right.

All I particularly care about is which FF characters will actually be a bonus boss when all is said and done this time around.

Sephiroth was a pretty big sell back in the day, as was Cloud and I think Leon (Squall), but I definitely want to know what they come up with this time around.

Out of all the Final Fantasy characters that made an appearance in Kingdom Hearts, Cloud has made most of the appearances and I really do want to see him again in KH3 since he's the icon of Final Fantasy.

And I wouldn't mind seeing Sephiroth again since after Crisis Core, I've come to respect and feel sorry for the guy despite him still being a nasty bad guy which is what I hate about him, but he's a bad guy that I actually like at the same time.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
It's KH. Nobody stays dead. Nobody WILL stay dead, except Xehanort, who we know will cease to be the villain after this. They've already dropped hints that there's an even bigger bad involved.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Uh...well, let's hope.

Bigger bad, huh? Who would that be? Lauriam? Brain? MoM? Or (jokingly) Chaos?

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Honestly, probably some KH equivalent to Chaos or the other surprise FF bosses. This is the same company that makes FF, so it'd be in character for them to produce a game like that. Something from beyond the worlds influenced Young Xehanort, what with the eyes flashing purple, and eventually turning yellow.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sephiroth's a powerful baddy. Though I wouldn't be surprised if there was KH version of Chaos. That's been around for ages.

There's Final Fantasy Chaos(in different forms-First game, Chaos in VII, the Chaos in FFXIII trilogy, and Chaos in the first two Dissidia games), Chaos in Aladdin TV series(a more scary comedy version similar to the Cheshire Cat), Chaos in season 5 of Sailor Moon, ect.

Edit: Just remembered something. Some people think Young Xehanort's eyes in the Intro are blue with purple. Apart from the mysterious purple light, they look grey to me.

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Chaos got a ton of screentime in the Dissidia games, so I don't think they'll use him in particular this time. Even Shinryu got popular.

Chronodia? Something like it maybe? Exdeath/Enuo? The NOTHING (the Void) from Neverending Story???

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
How about we base our theories on the current franchise instead of trying to draw strange parrallells between things like the avengers and smash bros.

I like the film independence day but I doubt will smith is gonna appear as a Disney Princess.

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Wh...I said equivalent, not a cameo! As in, there's some ORIGINAL evil out between the worlds that influenced Xehanort. >_> You guys went in a weird direction.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
The only two things that are KH Original that are such dangers I can think of are either the Master of Masters since we have no clue what his true agenda was, and he only ever told Luxu about what was in the black chest(which looks more like a great big heavy suitcase to me), or the Red Eyes Dweller of Darkness from the Realm of Darkness Aqua had to fight in that Secret Episode of Birth By Sleep.

Unless it's an entirely different and new thing that Nomura could come up with at a later date or has been keeping secret from us for a while.

Edit: I know I'm back to how the ending will turn out, but now I'm going for theories.

How Kingdom Hearts 3 will end:
Theory 1(Like Chip's theory): After all of his friends die/get captured, Sora breaks up into fragments of himself in grief which he must recover as shown in that Cloud world before encountering Chithriy who asks him if he didn't know how to restore hearts already, and that would mean that the "Key to Return Hearts" is not a Keyblade at all, but Sora himself as he is the power to restore hearts and then arrives in that "Staircase to Heaven" world where Xehanort and all of his vessels are and fights them but despite this ends up alone and the Realm of Light is beyond repair, so Sora stays in the final world as self-punishment and atonement for his failures.
Theory 2: Similar to Theory 1, except Sora travels back in time and realizes that his existance is what caused the mess to happen in the first place so he, in guilt for Ven who probably accepted this a long time ago, erases himself which, as shown in the cutscenes ending of Secret Episode-Birth By Sleep, Sora and Ven both disappear and everyone is still left to handle Xehanort, only without Sora or Ven.

Theory 3: Sora traverses through out the final world to rescue everyone's hearts and restores them to life before they confront Master Xehanort one more time and, both Repliku(Riku's Replica) and Saix help out and the latter sacrifices himself along with Terra and kill Xehanort, they return to the Realm of Light and return to their home worlds where everything is restored and Repliku joins Sora, Riku and Kairi to live in Destiny Islands(via the earlier scene of the two Riku's sitting together at the beach in one of the earlier trailers) and Sora and Kairi share a papou fruit and share their first kiss(their moment together also shown in one of the earlier trailers).

Theory 4: Sora dies after defeating Master Xehanort and rejoins everyone who died before the final ultimate battle as the new Princesses of Light begin to protect the Realm of Light, with someone else taking Kairi's place among the ranks yet Lauriam, Braig and/or the Master of Masters, appear to begin new troubles and the fate of the worlds lies in a new hero, while Minnie and Daisy are grieving for the losses of Mickey, Donald and Goofy.

Theory 5: Terra sacrifice himself while Xion and Roxas fade away, and while Aqua and Ven both leave to find a way to restore and find Terra, Lea and Namine move to Twilight Town while the Original trio and the Disney trio return to their home worlds.

Theory 6: Sora loses and Xehanort rules over and rebuilds the Realm of Light in his image and is thus to remain as the main Antagonist of the Kingdom Hearts Franchise until the end of time.

Theory 7: Similar to Theory 1 and 2. Not long after the defeat of Master Xehanort, Sora, thinking that there is no hope in reviving his friends and restoring their hearts, is confronted by a fully restored Lauriam and Elrena(Or Elenar, depending on how the English version of that scene turns out next year) who now seek Sora's aid when Lauriam/Elrena confess that he/she wants to revive his/her sister Strelitzia and promise to help him revive all of those who died by Xehanort's hands. Sora is skeptical, but seeing how he has no other optains, reluctantly agrees to join the two and they set off on a new journey which leads into a "Revivial/Lauriam Saga" or whatever it would be called in Kingdom Hearts 4 someday.

Another theory: Riku is having a vision of his replica, and that moment with Sora and Kairi is their last moment together before the final battle as everyone probably accepted that their lives are lost in this battle so they return to their homes one final time to have their last moments with everyone they care for, or in Lea's case, to have his last moment in Twilight Town.

Well, those are all of my theories I've come up with so far. Most likely wrong as the scenes are all messed up at the moment.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Anothing thing. Is it just me or do the armors on Xehanort's other selves look more like a combination of the Darklings from X(Chi)/Unchained/Union X and Vanitas's outfit with his helmet?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
How about we base our theories on the current franchise instead of trying to draw strange parrallells between things like the avengers and smash bros.

I like the film independence day but I doubt will smith is gonna appear as a Disney Princess.
Dunno what you're referring to, but I'm only implying that if they're going to use a Final Fantasy character (hero or villain), it would have to be a famous one that matches with the fame that comes with Disney characters.

The hype isn't only on the Disney side, dude. It's on the FF side too. There's no rule that says it has to be a completely original or preexisting character either.

Most of the time that sort of tactic doesn't fly well with fans anyway, like Necron in FFIX, a giant space flea which came out of nowhere. I don't think I know many people who found him very popular as he had no real connection with the main story at all, but that doesn't mean it has to be a character we already know about.

World of Final Fantasy exemplified the idea that there is "more than one fond memory" of an FF game, and it doesn't have to be FFVII or even games from the old gen or middle gen series. Putting Disney together with FF is how this series started and what it's known for, so you can't really leave out FF without discarding some aspect of what made it great for fans.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Um, not that it's possible, but I heard that someone over the KHinsider forums made a theory regards to the Keyblade War.

The theory is that the Keyblade War had actually happened twice before Kingdom Hearts 3 events and that the Keyblade War that was shown in XCHI was not the actual first war, but the second war due to the lack of the X-Blade and that another war had before the events of XCHI years earlier and that's where the X-Blade was first used.

Though my theory on that is that Gula had gotten hold of the X-Blade off-screen before he confronted the player and then went off to get himself killed along with his other four fellow Foreteller Masters.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Also, not sure if anyone's heard of the Kingdom Hearts VR Experience with Part 1 supposed to be released on Christmas Day in Japan while Part 2 was to be released on the 18th of next month, but now both parts are delayed with Part 1 taking over the second part's release day while the latter is now coming sometime in Spring.

While it's a bit annoying that they delayed a Kingdom Hearts game or event again, I will agree that it makes sense since they probably and most likely realized that releasing the first part on Christmas Day is not a good idea because, well, who's going to have time to experience it if everyone's spending time with their families on Christmas Day? More than likely, that's the only reason why it's delayed, and releasing it a week later is also a bad idea because of New Year's Day.

Top Bottom