"Kupocon" FF Convention! (2017?)

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Just booked my hotel and flights ^_^

I discovered during this that I had to apply for something called ESTA, which is like a travel permit for countries part of the Visa Waiver Program. Anyway, there are a multitude of sites that allow for this processing, but thankfully a bit of research told me to go through the official site (which is weighed down in a Google search by other sites), where filling/sending in the form itself comes to a total of $14, whereas these other sites threw in processing fess whereby on you'd be spending somewhere between $85-140. Saved a ball of money just there, phew! (I was halfway through this form on one of those expensive sites)
I had no idea there were even third party sites that processed this. I found out about ESTA when I flew to the US in May.

Dodged a bullet there. :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Is the 3rd party things doing that shit even legal? I mean, come on :monster:

As far as I can see, what they basically do is post on your behalf - even then, that's stretching the words. They have their own similar form you fill in, and with those details I imagine they go straight to the official site to get it processed for you. It's technically not illegal, as you will get your ESTA, but depending on how they market/advertise their services it potentially can be - it seems Google has been stamping down on this, but in this same article it also seems to not be working. One site straight-up says it's not affiliated with the official site for registering, ha!

OT:
KupoCon Forum has launched a Shop, whereby users on the forum can earn Gil for posting and can trade in for items such as exclusive Tri-Pom cards and booster packs.

Register now for 100 Gil, and I should remind Ultima ticket holders to register for exclusive announcements down the line (as well as receving a hearty 500 Gil) - if you're already registered, your Gil will already be in place :)

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Is the 3rd party things doing that shit even legal? I mean, come on :monster:

As far as I can see, what they basically do is post on your behalf - even then, that's stretching the words. They have their own similar form you fill in, and with those details I imagine they go straight to the official site to get it processed for you. It's technically not illegal, as you will get your ESTA, but depending on how they market/advertise their services it potentially can be - it seems Google has been stamping down on this, but in this same article it also seems to not be working. One site straight-up says it's not affiliated with the official site for registering, ha!

OT:
KupoCon Forum has launched a Shop, whereby users on the forum can earn Gil for posting and can trade in for items such as exclusive Tri-Pom cards and booster packs.

Register now for 100 Gil, and I should remind Ultima ticket holders to register for exclusive announcements down the line (as well as receving a hearty 500 Gil) - if you're already registered, your Gil will already be in place :)

WTF WOW I'm one of the 10 richest members on the forum! :lol:

They're really going all out on this stuff for KupoCon. I hope it doesn't end up being a flop. Not saying that to be negative, but some times things don't work out the way we plan them. I hope KupoCon turns out to be a big success. Big success means bigger convention next time; bigger venue, moar stuffs, possible celebrity guests, etc. I'd love to make KupoCon a yearly thing.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Do I get the goods even though I got the ticket from your giveaway Red?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
reybugs_by_rob3tck-d99b0m4.jpg

RedFFWolf

Donator
Do I get the goods even though I got the ticket from your giveaway Red?

reybugs_by_rob3tck-d99b0m4.jpg

That pic says anything better than I ever could :lol:

I grovel at thy feet. FOR YER BOOSTER PACKS!
200_s.gif

They're really going all out on this stuff for KupoCon. I hope it doesn't end up being a flop. Not saying that to be negative, but some times things don't work out the way we plan them. I hope KupoCon turns out to be a big success. Big success means bigger convention next time; bigger venue, moar stuffs, possible celebrity guests, etc. I'd love to make KupoCon a yearly thing.

Between ticket sales and more events not yet announced, we're doing just fine :) (And all is well regarding the discussions with SE, of course). I understand the concerns, though.

I can see it growing too as the years go on, perhaps expanding as a two-day event, additional locations etc. - as far as a first year goes, it's big (and again, between things not yet divulged yet, very impressive), the reaction has been great, and I can see it only going up from here. As long as there's no super, major accident on the day that ends up tainting the entire experience then we'll be all clear :lol:

Last edited:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I think it should have been at least a two-day event to begin with. It seems like they're trying to cram a lot of activities and events into one day, even with the after party. Like you just said, it's pretty big for a first year convention! I just hope everyone has enough time to be able to do the things at the convention they want to do.

Don't think I'm trying to be Debbie Downer or Pessimistic Polly here now; I'm still crazy excited about going (I'm it's all out of concern for the convention and wanting it to continue. And I reeeeally just want to have enough time to be able to participate in events and scour the convention so I don't miss anything. :(

RedFFWolf

Donator
^Ah, not at all. I understand your concerns and in fact really appreciate that you care so much :)

There is quite a lot going on, but so far it's all pretty well timetabled. You can imagine how a two-day stint would massively increase the costs (even if you reduce the time and activities on both days) and, again, this being the first year it would have been a massive financial strain/risk on the lead organisers for two days (as well as the fact the reaction couldn't have been predicted at the time of announcement). We want to make sure there's no shortage of activities, and at the same time we understand and appreciate our time of 09:00-18:00 (& evening event), so you can be assured by the time we've all our ideas and affairs in order there'll be little you'll miss :)

RedFFWolf

Donator
Tickets for 'Mind the Pom' on sale now
(Yesterday was for advanced purchases, for those subscribed to the Newsletter)
Don't forget to enter promotional code "EARLYCHOCOBO" for a 10% discount in the selection screen.

Just so I post in one KupoCon-related thread, I wanna say a massive congrats and thank you to everyone who took part in the MTP giveaway.

Looking forward to seeing you all ^_^ (if I get a spare minute, that is :P - nah, I definitely will at some point or another)

RedFFWolf

Donator
So here's the lowdown on KupoCast #6:

As KupoCon have teamed up with Distant Worlds, there's a Q&A going on right now where you can go onto this thread and direct a question at Susan Calloway, Arnie Roth and/or, yes, Nobuo Uematsu.

Not only that, but every question you ask will put you into a draw to win 2 tickets to Distant Worlds on Jan 28, 2017.
You can submit as many questions as you like.

345xw1k.jpg
(Just need to say Nanaki is looking very well indeed :P - That's my guy right there. The person who brings me every Nanaki card at the events will be granted special KupoCon powers, come future years).

Life-size prop of Malboro. Also, a craftsman of mock weapons will be displaying his goods and possible auctioning some off.

Fan-recorded music will be playing at the event.
Also, the Videri String Quartet will be playing at the event. One-Winged Angel example. They also featured on Materia Collective

And while I'm at it (and should have saved mentioning it here rather than the other thread I made for it; sorry if this is coming across a touch spammy), I've thrown in my FFXV Play Arts -Kai- figure of Noctis [when I receive my Ultimate Collector's Edition of FFXV] as a bonus prize in the fanworks contest, whereby all entrants will be put into the draw.

Let's see now: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 links, an image in spoiler tags, and inconsistent font use.
Sorry for the aesthetics :sigh:

Last edited:

RedFFWolf

Donator
^Yup :)
That's perfect. If it's directed at any one of them in particular, then say who it's for. Otherwise, if all three, for example, it should be totally fine.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Hey guys--if you don't frequent the KupoCon forums much and you're an Ultima/Anima ticket holder, head on over and answer a few questions to be featured in the event program for The Big Pom and Mind the Pom, respectively.

Fav Final Fantasy Title:

Fav Final Fantasy Character:

What do you love about Final Fantasy? (Max 50 words)

What does KupoCon mean to you? (Max 50 words)

As far as I know, the answers have to be posted in the thread in the Ultima/Anima section of the forums.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
If you guys haven't watched the new KupoCast you totally need toooooooooooooooooooo.

More details on the quests, a few more Tri-Pom card reveals, AND they revealed all of the Ultima/Anima exclusive cards, which made me shriek in happiness because they used my suggestion of Ultima from FFXII as one of them!!

Top Bottom