"Kupocon" FF Convention! (2017?)

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
They just confirmed the 2nd event will not be in London.
excited-baby.gif

I think 3/4 of my annual leave is going to end up being dedicated to all the cons at this rate. :monster:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Bitch plz, it's totally gonna be Brum.

Actually it'll probably be Manchester because there's this bizarre anti-Brum thing going on with the rest of the country. It's the accent isn't it? Well not all of us sound like fucktards or Lenny Henry (who isn't Brummie, he's Black Country), so there. :P

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
HA. You try driving it, realistically it's double that on a good day. Even the train is chaotic (suicides there and back for Mind the Pom).

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Vancouver KupoCon is on April 21st. *looks at Ite*

The summer UK event is between Manchester and Birmingham, they will be a poll to decide. Ami vs Mage, hype.

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
No guesses as to where my votes went.

79b.gif

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
The day after 4:20. People are going to be very confused as they land.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Why do you guys get so many? Your country is so small.. you can easily make it to any location.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Mid/late April is actually so very, very perfect for me. Vancouver will be grey and rainy, but I know some cool spots we could congregate.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Mid/late April is actually so very, very perfect for me. Vancouver will be grey and rainy, but I know some cool spots we could congregate.

Why do you guys get so many? Your country is so small.. you can easily make it to any location.

Canada is already getting two, what are you talking about? :P

Yes, and yet Britain is getting a THIRD. The summer one should have gone somewhere in the US, tbh.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Or maybe... and I know this sounds crazy... it could have gone somewhere that hasn't had one yet at all?

But let's be real here: KupoCon is ultimately a business, not a charity. The reason they keep holding events in the UK is presumably because they keep selling out. The fact that it's an English-speaking country is also relevant (this applies to all KupoCons which have been held or announced so far) and the lead organiser being originally from there might also have something to do with it. He's said many times that the UK fans have been incredibly enthusiastic about the events and I've seen that reflected on their social media as well.

Nevertheless, I am a little surprised that the third UK event will be so soon after the second. I wonder if they'll be in the same "generation" of events, because if so, people going to both can probably expect a fair amount of repetition. Personally, once a year is enough for me, not because the last time wasn't magical, but precisely because it was – I wouldn't want to diminish that by doing it too often. With that said, I'm going to be in the UK anyway next June so if the summer KupoCon lands then, I'll consider it.

Top Bottom