• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

"Kupocon" FF Convention! (2017?)

RedFFWolf

Donator
They have a Forum set up now.

A recap of info about it so far can be found with their monthly video updates, called "KupoCast", from a group called Nerdstrodamus. Episode 1

I've been keeping track of it a good bit. 'Tis showing a lot of promise so far. You know, I haven't been to many cons, but the idea of a FF-dominant scene load of TLS peeps converging... :awesome:

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I got the email for the podcast and the forum a few days ago--unfortunately I haven't had the chance to watch it or register until now, but these are the main points from the podcast that stuck out to me:

- If you show in costume--discounted tickets. They know cosplay can be expensive, so the least they can do is lower the ticket costs for you.

- Different ticket levels, ranging from basic entry to VIP. I'm sure they'll release more info on this later.

- Various draw points around the convention with goodies and event swag!

- They've made contact with the North American and European branches of SE, so we may be able to expect a company presence there.

- It's going to be centered around the fans.

The sooner they release dates for this, the better. I need to know how long I have to save up for this magnificent event.

KupoCon

Rookie Adventurer
Hello!

Alex here from KupoCon. Just want to say thank you to the users of TLS for their interest in KupoCon. Our website launches tomorrow (May 19) and we're excited to share more information about the event.

We'll be working out an affiliation program in the next few days, so we hope to build on this relationship. Again, thanks for following the event!

Lex

Administrator
Feel free to contact me via PM if there's any info you'd like to provide for a spot of front page news coverage on our site :monster:

KupoCon

Rookie Adventurer
Feel free to contact me via PM if there's any info you'd like to provide for a spot of front page news coverage on our site :monster:

I'm not sure if I have the ability to send PMs yet. Either that, or I'm overlooking the option.

Lex

Administrator
I'll send one to you with my email address and then pass the info on to someone who wants to write it - I'd do it myself but I'm flying out tomorrow and I have to spend the day preparing :/

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop

I'm not sure if I have the ability to send PMs yet. Either that, or I'm overlooking the option.

Nah you probably don't, we've had some unsavory people register accounts with the sole purpose of PMing people with crap (and spambots) so you need like er, five or ten regular posts before it becomes available.

Also hi :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Website has officially launched with all up-to-date info, including Activities and Services provided - it is not even a complete list yet; so much more to come still!

KupoCon Website

Get a group going, get a bit o' space :monster:
tumblr_static_tumblr_ml0alrkghh1qmzky5o1_500.gif

Last edited:

KupoCon

Rookie Adventurer
So I was just looking at the events taking place at Kupocon and... oh my God, these look so so so fun! I'd have such a blast if I can go to one of these someday! :joy:

We still have a lot to announce! Our next video podcast which will be available in a few weeks will detail a lot more info!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
OMG they have Treno Auction House and Tantalus Theater Troupe, we are so going to this shit guys.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Ahhh I'm so excited by this announcement!

The only thing that sucks by their announcement that KupoCon will be taking place in the first quarter of 2017 is that I'll still be in school at the time, taking what will probably be my last class before I graduate with my degree.

Here's to hoping like hell that KupoCon will take place on or around spring break.

Either way, I'll be begging my husband and parents for an early graduation present. :awesome:

Is there anyone from TLS that is seriously thinking about going to the one in New York? I know it's only supposed to be a one day event, but it would be totally worth it if a bunch of us could somehow pool our money into getting a suite at a decent hotel in NYC. I'll sleep on the damn floor, I don't care.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
My biggest thing is if this is only going to be a one day affair, do I really want to shell out the money for plane tickets... especially if no one I know will be there. Going to a con alone is kind of an intimidating venture, especially when it will be more than a few states away.

I would mostly be going just to meet TLS folks in an awesome setting.

RedFFWolf

Donator
^With tickets going on sale for the NY event on June 21, I reckon we can get a good number confirmed soon enough from people here when they've bought tickets :)

I will be going. Once the dates are set, I'm booking airplane tickets. It'd be good if everyone who buys a ticket posts here - It would be cool if we could get 25 people organised beforehand and avail of reserved space but while I think there could be at least 25 people from TLS going, this'll probably be divided between New York and London, though.

I'll be going to London too :P

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I think 25 is probably the maximum amount of persistently active board members in general, I'm not sure we'd get that many at the con :wackymonster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
I don't think we'd get enough per event, either. Still, be nice to think there are a good few going to each, totalling near 25 - and, actually, what I was meant to say was up to 25, not "at least" 25 :P - But even then, I do agree that 25 may be hard to reach (at least, of the members who would post here to say they were going).

Regardless, the point is I wanna see loads of ye people along the way :sadpanda:
YOU ALL WANNA SEE EACH OTHER :ffuuu:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
If it was on the west coast I might be able to go, but I definitely can't do it this year. :doh: They need to have it in Seattle or something!

Last edited:

Cjiadon

Blueberry
I was really excited when I first heard about this, but I won't be able to attend anything in New York. It's just too far away and I have other obligations that take priority as far as my finances go. I hope it is fantastic though.

Top Bottom