• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Last Film You've Seen

Ghost X

Pan's Labyrinth: Not as good -- and more gory -- than expected. 2.9/5.
The face stabby stabby stab stab bit was my least and most favourite bit.

Pacific Rim: Visually chaotic. Not as good as I hoped it to be. Basic storyline. Nothing special, except for Ron Perlman. 2.95/5 stars.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Gone with the Wind – Figured I'd get around to watching some more classic films and such sitting on my DVR from misc TCM recordings. It was a pretty good ride, and I actually watched it in two bits – stopped at the Intermission and watched the rest the next day. Just an interesting and massive production.

They Live – Honestly, not really at all any more interesting than just being aware of the basic concept. Didn't really keep my attention like I was hoping it would. It did have a few good & surprising moments.
The new lady bashing the main character in the dome and throwing him out a window was easily the biggest surprise and most memorable bit for me.

X :neo:

CrashOuch

she/her
AKA
Sara
Big Eden - Cutest film I've ever seen. Bit more innocent than what I normally watch but totally adorable so I still made it through.

fancy

pants
AKA
Fancy
Hotaru no haka AKA le tombeau des lucioles AKA Grave of the Fireflies. Excuse me, Imma go cry forever now. TT____TT

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I saw an anime film called A Silent Voice. A really great and emotional film.

Oooh I read the manga series for A Silent Voice! :O Really great, I loved the message in it. It's the kind of story you don't see too often. ^_^

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Willow (1988). Gods, I still fucking adore this movie to bits. It's a pity that the BluRay is so unconscionably expensive, as I'd've liked to've purchased it in better than DVD quality, or at least had access to a solid stream of it from some service. The missus's never seen it, and loved it to bits. Also, I've been on an old fantasy kick lately.

Additionally The Book of Henry was a solid film. Good feels. Tight control on pacing and plot. A few minor nitpicks, but nothing at all significant.

Also enjoyed the new Mummy more than most folks seem to've, and finding out that they filmed the plane crash scene practically in real Vomit Comet Zero-G was quite impressive.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Willow has an awesome soundtrack too! I need to watch that again.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Just watched 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them'

I actually forgot about this movie, but my parents borrowed it from my sis, so the three of us watched it tonight. We all enjoyed it. :D I loved seeing the new things shown in it, and enjoyed catching references and notes that were subtle.

I cba to go into more detail tonight, just that it's a lovely new entry to the HP universe and I wouldn't mind seeing more. ^_^

Anemone

Pro Adventurer
Mission Blue, a documentary about Dr. Sylvia Earle (a marine biologist and environmentalist). I found it a little dry, to be perfectly honest. She's a fascinating woman with important things to say, but I feel like this would have been better with a different filmmaker. I was particularly unimpressed when he enquired about her love life.

Transformers: The Last Knight

Mark Whalburg stops a killing blow from a transformer with his own strength and doesn't struggle any. Bumblebee just decides he can talk for no reason before going back to sampling, even though he doesn't have a working voice box. Bumblebee fought the Nazis. A staff is said to control a transformer dragon, even though the dragon is made of multiple transformers, and the staff doesn't actually control them. Evil Optimus is in about 7 min of the movie. Megatron negotiates to get deceptacons out of jail, with the only benefit to the humans being classified to the point of denying there even is a benefit. Deceptacon head is cut off to the line "doesn't get any deader than that!", 1 min later a deception head is cut off and makes a "witty" remark. Sam Witwicky (or however it's spelt) is part of a long line of people sworn to keep the secrets of the transformers since Arthurian times. Etc.

I almost fell asleep in the theatre watching this.

Ghost X

Wonder Woman

Certainly better than Batman v Superman or whatever. I was quite impressed with some of it, but other bits irked me :awesome:. Watchable though. 3.3/5 stars.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Predestination

I don't even know how to begin talking about this. It was an awful and seriously convoluted film that thought it was high-brow. It really wasn't.

Ghost X

John Wick: Chapter 2

Didn't like the first movie that much, and thought this was some degrees worse. If you liked the first movie, presumably you'll like this one too :monster:. Tries and fails to be classy, and fight scenes weren't anything special. 2.4/5 stars.

Swseason1.jpg

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
The old Superman films. I had completely forgotten that they were good, (I'd seen the first two at least, but must have been very young at the time) although IV was a bit weaker. Christopher Reeve nails both roles, and whoever Lana Lang is really knocked it out of the park.

Dunkirk is just as good as everybody say it is, possibly even better. It's one of those films you really need to see in a cinema. The bigger the screen, the better.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dunkirk.

I expected more tbf. The scale was off (didn't look like 300K soldiers), they did something mildly confusing with timelines (it's like three storylines but they take place at different times and come together at a few points) but that was IMO not necessary for this movie. There was a very depressing atmosphere overall, which I guess was all right. The music was also not quite right, there was a lot of usage of a ticking clock noise which sped up and slowed down a lot to idk, try and generate tension? But it dragged on for too long.

There was also a lack of catharsis. I mean I know the story, something something, heroic rescue by hundreds of smol boats, but it felt more bolted on than anything, like in passing you get a shot of some boats (a few dozen at best).

All in all, they could've done a lot better. Actually they should've, movies like this are IMO supposed to be a tribute, but this was more of a poor retelling.

I prefer Spielberg + Tom Hanks.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Finally watched Memento and I am left utterly underwhelmed at a movie that many folks I know seemed to enjoy. I didn't find it really engaging whatsoever, and I kind felt that
once you figure out that he's already killed the dude, and all of his current quests, as well as the last several are a futile and pointless fantasy, the whole film really just feels like an exceptionally disjointed (in terms of the continual skips) and colossal waste of time.
TBH: If I could forget I'd ever watched it, and never accidentally make the mistake of doing so, I'd gladly erase this one from my memory.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wonder if it just hasn't aged well, I mean it's 17ish years old now, not to mention one of Nolan's very first movies.

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Finally watched Kimi no Na Wa. The visuals and art direction is pretty gorgeous and at times unbelieable and easily the best thing about the movie, unfortunately the movie deals on a superficial level the development and emotional bond between its two lead MCs, which is a key element of the second half and the ending, leaving me somewhat cold when the movie is over.

6/10 (good enough)

The next films on my watching list is Koe no Katachi, I plan watching it sometime this weekend.

Last edited:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
Watched Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice). Man, it gave lots of feelings and touched my heart in many ways, all I can say is that the movie earned my feelings and emotions.

9/10

It makes me salty that it did not get as much as attention as Kimi no Na Wa did.

Top Bottom