• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Last Film You've Seen

Leafonthebreeze

Any/All
AKA
Leaf
Aah I watched all the Bond films with my Dad when I was living at home for a while in 2015. They are certainly of their time but I like them more than the Daniel Craig ones.

My fav is actually Goldeneye, even though I've never played the N64 game haha. It has an endearing half-attempt at early 90s feminism that I find kind of charming, and Alan Cummings is great in it.

Sutsivoiran

Pro Adventurer
AKA
AverageNoid
Holy shit, does Jacob's Ladder take place at Christmas time? If so I am definitely doing that and people will definitely get it and not just pretend I didn't say anything.

Ghost X

Venom: Let there be Carnage.

Blink long enough and you'll miss the movie. Does the job though. End fight scene between symbiotes was better than the visual mess in the original. Could have been written better. Felt there were some missed opportunities. 2.9/5 stars.

Ghost X

Spider-man: No way home

I think I liked the Mysterio film better, but it was watchable. I felt a few significant parts of the film were handled less than optimally. I would say my favourite part of the film was...

The spidey-sense scene leading up to the reveal that Norman had turned into Goblin.

3/5 stars. I think I might be alone in giving this an average review though. Seems to be getting good reviews otherwise.

Willy's Wonderland

If you enjoy Nicolas Cage you will like this movie.

If you've delved into the Five Nights At Freddy's franchise (the inspiration for this movie) and have ever wanted the catharsis of seeing the animatronics beaten up, this is the movie for you.

Both these boxes ticked for me and so Willy's Wonderland was an absolute blast. I imagine though that if you feel no hype for seeing Nic Cage being Nic Cage, and if you've never dreamt of fighting back against scary animatronics, this movie will feel pretty hollow.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Annette (2021).

Do you like weird musicals? Do you have a very dry sense of humour? Would you like to see Adam Driver deliver lines like Alan Rickman while cosplaying as Tommy Wiseau? Are you going through sensory delirium?

Watch Annette then message me and say "hahaha ok yeah I get it."

Ghost X

The Batman (2022)

Better than I expected. Worth a watch.

First half, I'd probably rate 4 stars, up to and perhaps including the penguin car chase scene. Lost me a little in the second half, so maybe 3.2 for that. The story was good though. 3.6 stars overall, I guess.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
The Batman (2022)

Better than I expected. Worth a watch.

First half, I'd probably rate 4 stars, up to and perhaps including the penguin car chase scene. Lost me a little in the second half, so maybe 3.2 for that. The story was good though. 3.6 stars overall, I guess.
I especially loved
the Arkham Knight reference with the Riddler putting the DA in an explosive collar, like he did to Catwoman in the aforementioned game.

Also,
this isn't the first time Thomas Wayne was allegedly associated with Carmine Falcone. This happened in the Telltale games.

Last edited:

Ghost X

Yeah, the movie takes inspiration from a lot of different sources apparently (I watched a few videos about it after seeing the film). I'm not a walking Batman encyclopaedia, so I didn't notice these things at the time :monster:.

Reactions: LNK

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
I thought the movie was great. Eclipses the Dark Knight as my favorite Batman movie

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Which reminds me, I watched The Dark Knight immediately before heading to the theater to see The Batman, and watched Batman 89 when I got back. I should've done what I did when the last few Star Wars films came out and spent a whole week binge-watching films before heading to the theater.

Christian Bale is still my favorite Batman though.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
Come to think of it, I'll just spend the rest of this week binge-watching my Batman movie collection. I have both The Dark Knight Trilogy and the 1989-1997 film collection on 4k Blu Ray (I got the former for the most recent Christmas, I bought the latter from Amazon on a DOTD on Friday; I think it was in the neighborhood of 30-40% off), and I have Batman vs. Superman and the 80th Anniversary animated film collection on Blu Ray.

Reactions: LNK

Ghost X

Morbius

They try and make the battle scenes look cool with the stringy trail effect, but what was probably meant to be the most coolest scene in the film (a bullet-time twisty-camera punch over some escalator in the subway) was blocked by all the stringiness, among many other issues (grey blacks, shaky film, chaotic visuals). I think there is potential for a good Morbius film out there following most of the same story beats of this one, but this was not it.

2/5 stars. I only watched it because it was a birthday gift, and entered with no expectations as I saw some positive reviews on google, so thought maybe there was potential for it to be another Venom. My friend, who I watched it with, who I think is far less critical of films than me, gave me a disappointed expression when the credits started rolling... so don't take it from me, take it from him :P.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
X

I thought it was great. A few parts made me "jump," others I had a wtf look on my face. I wouldn't say it was better than Hereditary or Midsommer, but A24 movies are becoming some of my favorite.

Erotic Materia

[CONFUSED SCREAMING]
Everything Everywhere All At Once
EVERYTHING-EVERYWHERE-ALL-AT-ONCE-original-movie-poster.jpg

No spoilers here, but I absolutely loved this film. I'm terrible when it comes to writing out reviews, but the plot was a pretty original idea, which was only enhanced by the ridiculously odd behaviors the characters engage in (why they do these things is actually relevant to the story, and I think adds to it). The sheer range of emotional tones that are hit really had me all over the place. I was laughing my ass off one moment, and tears were streaming the next. I found the underlying motivation for plot progression a little weak, but honestly I wouldn't take any points off for that. The cast was all phenomenal in playing their roles (and each character had many different roles), especially when it came to embracing the absurd with full sincerity.

5/5 for sure. You really ought to see it.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Harakiri.
was feeling in a samurai mood lately so I decided to give this one a go. Turned out to be a fantastic experience, one that surprisingly seemed rather critical of the samurai system of honor.

Think I’ll give Yojimbo a watch next

Top Bottom