SPOILERS Leaked Character Screens (Untagged Spoilers, potentially big implications)

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Is this just wishful thinking on my part or is this possibly referring to stuff like the Shera airship -- the "relic from a lost civilization"/"legacy of an ancient civilization" that operates on a "mysterious ancient power source"?

Palmer's department pre-dates both the mako energy infrastructure and the discovery of Jenova, so it's not likely referring to either of those.

I thought the same thing too :monster:

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Skimming the text for possible related passages, I'm not finding much, but here's some dialogue from Palmer that's part of some sort of guided tour thing you can do, Jurassic Park style, visiting exhibits and watching presentations.

• Palmer: What, what? Read this? This paper right here? Give me a moment...
  • Palmer: "Welcome to the Shinra Building.
  • Palmer: The Space and Aeronautics Division has taken rocket systems developed for military applications and adapted them to a different purpose:
  • Palmer: "The search for new precious resources in the infinite reaches of space."
  • Palmer: That being said... since we have plenty of mako at the present, those plans are currently on hold.
  • Palmer: It's a...bit of a shame, really.

And, for fun, here are the ones for the other divisions:

• Announcement: The Public Security exhibit is currently undergoing maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Announcement: The Advanced Weaponry exhibit is currently undergoing maintenance. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Reeve: Welcome to the Shinra Building.
  • Reeve: Our mission here at Urban Planning is to supply the residents of Midgar with energy created from mako.
  • Reeve: We also take pride in maintaining public infrastructure—the pillars and railways that run all throughout the city.
  • Reeve: Currently, we are working to construct an intra-plate expressway.
  • Reeve: When this project has been completed, it will provide much easier access to numerous locations all across Midgar.
  • Reeve: We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

• Hojo: Uh, welcome to Shinra headquarters.
  • Hojo: My duties as director of research and development are, in all likelihood, far beyond your ability to comprehend.
  • Hojo: So there will be no presentation, as it would be a waste of my time and yours. But rest assured, we are making great strides.
  • Hojo: Albeit not at this particular moment because I'm filming this rubbish instead.
  • Hojo: I believe I've wasted enough of my precious time as it is. Science waits for no one, after all. So—good day.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Hm, kind of vague at the moment. One wonders if Shin-Ra was just hoping they would find power sources out there -- or if they knew they could because they already had some?

If the latter, would that be because of extraterrestrial technology/wreckage or perhaps because Jenova's meteor is not the only one to have ever made planetfall? Perhaps precious minerals have been found in space rocks that came down?

I am quite intrigued. Hurry up, game.

Reactions: LNK

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Anyone able to confirm that this is the same demo build that was leaked? Seems like it. Curious if the contents are the same or if they did a better job removing content.

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
Hm, kind of vague at the moment. One wonders if Shin-Ra was just hoping they would find power sources out there -- or if they knew they could because they already had some?

If the latter, would that be because of extraterrestrial technology/wreckage or perhaps because Jenova's meteor is not the only one to have ever made planetfall? Perhaps precious minerals have been found in space rocks that came down?

I am quite intrigued. Hurry up, game.
Speaking of sources, I wonder what the explanation will be for those in the remake. I don't remember if there was any background on them in the OG

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
So Nomura dropped on Famitsu that vehicles are a thing since Midgar is so big now.

Anything about travel options on the datamine? I just fear it might be something like "big point A to B setpiece with the bike".

Maidenofwar

They/Them
So I read on twitter that who you give flower to is still optional ... does this mean Cloud saying
Tifa isn't his girlfriend
also still optional? Since I read somewhere he says that ... maybe it is an optional thing though ?

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Guess this should go in the leaked thread.

ohaw3ziydok41.jpg

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
So Nomura dropped on Famitsu that vehicles are a thing since Midgar is so big now.

Anything about travel options on the datamine? I just fear it might be something like "big point A to B setpiece with the bike".
The only fast travel I saw is handled via chocobo carriage and is used to travel between different locations in Sectors 5, 6, and 7, which is where the new "open world" style sandbox sections seem to take place.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Guess this should go in the leaked thread.

ohaw3ziydok41.jpg
Apparently it's from
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMsRB828p7c
but it was changed to private....... and nobody downloaded the video beforehand it seems.:ffuuu:

It was titled "1 Stunde sexy Final Fantasy 7 Remake Gameplay!".

*EDIT*

I found it:

https://www.pietsmiet.de/videos/59277-ff7r

Seems he forgot to change it on this other site. :monster:

Looking for a way to download the video..... ......but nothing I try works. But the video only goes up to the end of the reactor explosion FMV, so the only NEW thing is the start screen. :rclosedmonster:

Last edited:

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I didnt read about all the leaks to avoid some spoilers, but is there any indication you explore a bit the modern district of the opening movie?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
If I remember right, some characters from The Kids are Alright show up in the leaks. Well, I finished the novel last night, and I went from neutral about this fact to actually quite excited. I really enjoyed it--especially the characters--so I can't wait to see them get some screen time.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Does anybody know if the leaked game files also included any revealing time stamps? "Date Created" and "Date Last Edited" specifically. If we have more than just the date for when the files were leaked it could help provide a clearer timeline of the development.
I don't think there's anything discernible from the metadata since it has to be extracted and converted, though I could be wrong. I only have files that have already been converted to viewable formats.

But there's definitely stuff that's incomplete or which has been changed for the final version, seemingly mostly localization stuff.

There are a couple stills for the story menu that are from CGI movies which are clearly using WIP Visual Works videos, which are actually dated. One to June 13, 2019, one to March 19, 2019.

SailorStarDust

Kept you waiting, huh?
AKA
SSD
Hah, finally reading the December leaks after playing the game proper was a treat, I gotta say. It was refreshing to see the community here overall taking the ending in stride, since a lot of the Internet seems to simply hate it. Me, I'm quite happy to "embrace whatever Remake may bring" (thematically, things doesn't seem flat out wacky, regarding how the Planet + Sephiroth works) as long as we get more plenty awesome character moments in (I'm assuming what would be) Parts 2-3. Actually seeing Zack on screen instead of just hearing his voice, though...What a surprise! Thank goodness Square kept that part under wraps (...until the Final Trailer :monster:)

I gotta say, though, the final product definitely gave me the creeps with Hojo wanting to throw poor Aerith into "the H section of Comiket"...Y I K E S.

Top Bottom