SPOILERS Leaked Character Screens (Untagged Spoilers, potentially big implications)

Ryuman

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pointlessname, Pointer
Still loads of stuff coming out via image leaks but honestly I'm just gonna dip. I was enjoying the character designs and dev snapshots but I don't want to do all this plot stuff. Have fun, everyone.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I'm unpacking PAK files that I've extracted from the PKG file.... Do you guys want me to post stuff or leave it to those dataminers outside TLS?

1577943413100.png

Last edited:

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Alright, just finished unpacking the last/largest PAK file. I'll see what I can dig up. The files are either "uexp" "ubulk", "umap", or "uasset", so I need to figure out what to do with those (I know it's all Unreal Engine stuff, as I've been using UE4 for my own means, but I've never done anything with these files before). I'm going to see if I can't just load these in UE4....

1577944145131.png

Interesting the list of Enemies includes two DeepGround enemies: "DG Behemoth" and "DG Monster"
1577945521699.png

Last edited:

Fewtch

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Fewtch
(I know it's all Unreal Engine stuff, as I've been using UE4 for my own means, but I've never done anything with these files before). I'm going to see if I can't just load these in UE4...

I've been working with Unreal engine for 3 years now through extensive experience modding MVCI and DBFZ. I know exactly what to do with those files, if anyone feels like being kind and sharing. :)

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
hr69bNp.png

This guy are sick?

Interesting the list of Enemies includes two DeepGround enemies: "DG Behemoth" and "DG Monster"
DeepGround would certainly be a cool way to justify some additional endgame content in Midgar.

Whats the picture below the young Aerith?
Definitely Sample H0512.

zgDY7Oe.png

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Excellent!

A folky rendition of the Golden Saucer theme, I suppose for some minigame-focused area. I guess they couldn't resist giving us a taste in the first part.

Part of me wonders if it might relate somehow to Cait Sith, being that Reeve is supposed to be a country boy...

yesubaybee

Lv. 1 Adventurer
So after much Googling I've found out how to extract and convert the sound files.....which means SFX and music. Still trying to work on some as running "bgm_prelude" through the program didn't produce a file.
thank you , sounds very similar to FFXIV Gold saucer but this brings back a lot of memories on PS1 FFVII

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
Holy Hell I love you man... Can you explain me how you did? Do you have a Discord?
I don't and I probably shouldn't post how I did it publicly (I've noticed certain tweets have disappeared....I'm sure SE is not happy about the data leaking out), but I'll try to finish up extracting/converting what I can of the music at the very least.

Alright I think all the "jb_00" files are music files for the Jukebox! They're all mono and the volume is set quite high.... Still not having any luck with the "bgm_prelude" file, and I think it's because unlike these "jb" files it's a "SQEXSEADMusic" file instead of a "SQEXSEADSound" like all the jukebox files, and as such the program I found isn't quite sure what to do with it.....

This one is a very interesting rendition of the VII credits theme:

ogubogu

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
ogu
Alright I think all the "jb_00" files are music files for the Jukebox! They're all mono and the volume is set quite high.... Still not having any luck with the "bgm_prelude" file, and I think it's because unlike these "jb" files it's a "SQEXSEADMusic" file instead of a "SQEXSEADSound" like all the jukebox files, and as such the program I found isn't quite sure what to do with it.....

This one is a very interesting rendition of the VII credits theme:
How are you going about ripping the music? been trying to figure this out for hours but im rather new at all of this. Was hard enough for me to get everything unpacked.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
How are you going about ripping the music? been trying to figure this out for hours but im rather new at all of this. Was hard enough for me to get everything unpacked.

I don't want to post how I did it publicly, as I don't want Square-Enix to come down on TLS, but if I can work out how to deal with the files that aren't working with this program I'll PM anyone who asks (nicely).

ogubogu

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
ogu
I don't want to post how I did it publicly, as I don't want Square-Enix to come down on TLS, but if I can work out how to deal with the files that aren't working with this program I'll PM anyone who asks (nicely).
Sounds good to me! Would thoroughly appreciate if you could friend.

Cloud_S

Pro Adventurer
I don't think this will get SE on our backs..... So I'll post what I know:

The jukebox files are all "SQEXSEADSound" files or SAB files. The program I'm using looks for this header 0x73616266 and extracts the SAB files.
The BGM files are all "SQEXSEADMusic" files or MAB files. The program I've been using can't handle those and so far editing it to look for "0x6D616266" hasn't worked.

The program I'm using to convert the SAB files to WAVs might/should be able to convert the MAB files, but I have to extract them from the UEXP files first....

Top Bottom