Least favourite Final Fantasy character(s)

Nikkolas

Banned
Pretty much the entire cast of FFVIII's heroes were unlikable and bland. Apart from Squall and Rinoa, I was kinda wondering who those cardboard cutouts following them around were.

Though I love me some Selphie. Probably because I hav ea weakspot for the spunky girl type.

A

Great Old One
I liked FFVIII. Sue me.

I liked it a hell of a lot, too. Twas a great game.

:monstersmash:

What I didn't like about FFVIII were the characters, overall. Sure, the plot was pretty well done, but the characters were just so... flat. Not well rounded enough in my taste - although we do see a change in Squall, he still has the same personality despite being only nice to Rinoa.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Sure, the plot was pretty well done.

ERROR. DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE

I agree the plot is well done - until Disk 3. Ellone, how the hell does she have that power? And how does it work? Is she a Sorceress? Is it a type of magic? Is she the only one who has this power? And if the machine Ultimecia is using to send her mind back in time is based on Ellone's power, can't Squall just smash the machine in the present? And if Ultimecia needed Ellone, why does she ignore her on the space station and go for Adel? She walks right past Ellone to the control panel for Adel's sealing. And for that matter, how they get to the future makes no sense. "believe in each other. Courage and friendship". BARF.

FF8 reached its peak at the end of Disk 2. It plummited into the shitter after that.

A

Great Old One
Believe what you want, but you and I both gotta agree that the graphics are pretty good, no? :monster:

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
I'd defend VIII from all you whores but it'd be good for me to replay it first, and post it in VIII's thread.

And I will. I will pwn all you hussies! :reptar:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Believe what you want, but you and I both gotta agree that the graphics are pretty good, no? :monster:
Yes, I will concede that the graphics are excellent.

I'd defend VIII from all you whores but it'd be good for me to replay it first, and post it in VIII's thread.

And I will. I will pwn all you hussies! :reptar:
I'll save you the trouble, I finished replaying it yesterday. I'd forgotten how bad it was but the memories are coming back.

Frostwave

lil' rice krispies
AKA
Elizabeth, Selda
Thanks for the extra motivation, Drake. XD

Hehe, if VIII was ever remade with voice acting(Which I DON'T want. Just sayin'.), then Raijin would undoubtedly become one of my least favorite characters in the series. I wanted to mur-DAR him in KH2.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I wanted to mur-DAR him in KH2.

It's not his fault the number of stairs increased/decreased every time he tried to count them. :no: Leave him alone, he's a social reject. :lol:

Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is just torture.

It's a great movie, if you ignore the 'Final Fantasy' in the title.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
Why would you do that to yourself?! :loopy:

Good question. The battle system was so broken, I cast Aura on myself and has Squall use Renzokuken/Lion Heart. Took out both of Griever's two forms in one hit each.

I would really like them to make a *real* Final Fantasy movie. I tried to write one once but lost interest. If they do one, it shouldn't be based on any one game, but the series as a whole - an evil empire, a bunch of Crystals, a bunch of random kids who have to save them, and an evil psycho who wants to use them to destroy the world. And if they must base it on a specific game then it should be the first one, because that one has the least plot and thus, could be easily adapted to a three-act film. Who wouldn't want to watch Garland shout his iconic line on the silver screen?

Properly made a Final Fantasy movie could be one of the best films ever.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fuck you, bitches, that was fucking hilarious :awesomonster:

Holy shit. That made Spirits Within worth making. That footage alone. The movie's entire existence has now been justified by that clip alone.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I would really like them to make a *real* Final Fantasy movie. I tried to write one once but lost interest. If they do one, it shouldn't be based on any one game, but the series as a whole - an evil empire, a bunch of Crystals, a bunch of random kids who have to save them, and an evil psycho who wants to use them to destroy the world. And if they must base it on a specific game then it should be the first one, because that one has the least plot and thus, could be easily adapted to a three-act film. Who wouldn't want to watch Garland shout his iconic line on the silver screen?

Properly made a Final Fantasy movie could be one of the best films ever.

No.

Making a FF movie as you stated would be like moviefying the massive shithorde of shitty fantasy books, which ALL follow the exact same plot of boy (farmer's son / blacksmith's son) goes on journey with old man, old man is wizzard / warior, boy gets sword / magic power / both, 80% of the core of the book is old man / boy / some crew having a roadtrip and always visiting 'inns' and whatnot, ends with boy pwning uber evil and all-powerful master of evil. Add ancient prophecy and whatnot when seen fit.

A game like FFI into a movie would just be mindlessly boring. Even if they'd give it a big budget. See Eragon, the only reason why it sold well (the book, that is) and why it was adapted for the silver screen is because it was written by a 12-year old and, supposedly, his parents thought that was z0mg so spechiul, whilst it Wasn't.

A FF movie like that would fall into the same category as Eragon, DBZ Evolution, Karate Kid, and a whole bunch of others - except with even less plot.

The later installments would be better - FFVI and IX come to mind.

Masamune

Fiat Lux
AKA
Masa
Spirits Within is infinitely more awesome than AC/C for having Donald Sutherland, James Woods, Steve Buscemi and Matt McKenzie on the voice cast.

A

Great Old One
How exactly does a voice cast make a movie more awesome? Personally, I thought that all the characters in AC did a decent job (besides Aerith's voice), and Cloud's voice actor for both the Japanese and English versions were pretty good imo. If we're talking about popularity between the voice characters, they're pretty much on the same level. Steve Burton, a soap opera star - Rachel Leigh Cook, not as famous as she used to be, but definitely an idol back in the 90's, and Mena Suvari. I like both versions, and in ACC they seem to do a lot better job into showing emotions. An English dub can be just as good as the Japanese version if it's done well enough, which I think SE was careful to do - but 'course, we still have to appreciate the original. :monster:

A FF movie like that would fall into the same category as Eragon, DBZ Evolution, Karate Kid, and a whole bunch of others - except with even less plot.
This. I've already seen enough torture go for Dragonball Z, where the charaters look nothing alike, I doubt they'll find someone who has hair just as spiky as Cloud's. :monster:

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
How exactly does a voice cast make a movie more awesome? Personally, I thought that all the characters in AC did a decent job (besides Aerith's voice),

Dear god I hate Aerith's AC/KH2 voice! Mena is so bland and robotic. Andrea Bowen did a good job in CC, and Mandy Moore too but Bowen is my fav.

No.

Making a FF movie as you stated would be like moviefying the massive shithorde of shitty fantasy books, which ALL follow the exact same plot of boy (farmer's son / blacksmith's son) goes on journey with old man, old man is wizzard / warior, boy gets sword / magic power / both, 80% of the core of the book is old man / boy / some crew having a roadtrip and always visiting 'inns' and whatnot, ends with boy pwning uber evil and all-powerful master of evil. Add ancient prophecy and whatnot when seen fit.

It wouldn't have to be like that. When I conceived a FF movie I had - the main hero who's in his later teens, his sister, the guy in his early twenties who is a sort of lone-wolf mercenary, and the love interest is a survivor of an order of mages wiped out by Garland.

As for Cloud, I always thought Elijah Wood could play him. He has the right eyes IMO.

http://www.celebrityheights.net/w/elijah-wood/image.jpg

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
Andrea Bowen in CC defininitely did the best job. Like you said, Moore was just bland and soft. Suvari's is just... Squeaky.

And Cloud is too hot for Wood. :monster:

Top Bottom