Love Triangle Spoiler Thread

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
The English versions of Case of Barret, Denzel, Tifa were published here in teh US. It was included in the Collector's Edition of the movie.

Oh, and I was about to say something about the whole "someone who loves" thing, but Fighter beat me to it. Anyway...

PS. For the record. There is one legitimate way of thinking of koibito as meaning a one sided affair. As most dictionaries say it either means someone's lover or someone you are in love with.
Liar. It's always romantic, and never one-sided... unless, of course, Tifa is involved. Then, it's ALWAYS one-sided.

@hito: he'll be back. The ebil Clotis will bring him back by holding him at rocket launcher-point. They're super evil and manipulative, 'membah?

And here I was thinking about not arguing the LTD anymore. This makes me excited! And if this could lead to actual intelligent debate instead of the anger and bad mouthing that always happens then I'm all for it. But I probably hope for too much.
You probably are hoping for too much. It's ok... I used to always hope for too much too. I always overestimated people...

Last edited:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Yeah what Jem said. The Tifa, Denzel, and Barret novellas were published with the AC Collector's set. But I think they are going to be revised and have more content added, aren't they? At least the Tifa one apparently will. And as odd as it sounds the Barret story was never published in Japan. XD

And yeah I probably do hope for too much. I always do. And then I'm let down. le sigh :(

A

Great Old One
Actually, I don't think the Case of Tifa novella will have any added content - I think other from the part where they add that line where Cloud says, "It's a little different this time," I think it'll just have minor revisions.

I'm looking forward to see if Cloud eavesdrops on them and reading the revised and new novellas. :)

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Actually, I don't think the Case of Tifa novella will have any added content - I think other from the part where they add that line where Cloud says, "It's a little different this time," I think it'll just have minor revisions.

I expect some small changes to the part where Denzel comes into her story.

crack

Donator
Lmao you bitch Ali, you're posting here and not at your own forum? SHAME.

So apparently - The creator stating Tifa is a koibito < Aerith stating that she's Cloud's koibito.

This is just fucking ironic.

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
At least I'm not going to be eating my hat because of this! :joy: Since I never really argued "koibito" I have no problems for "koibito" for Tifa and "koibito" for Aerith too :pics:

(yes I'm weird, I know)

I too am curious as to if this takes place before or after Aerith has met with Zack again though - that could change my opinions/beliefs on this overall~

I realise that the "koibito" for Aerith could just mean one sided love but ... if she loves him then it's not wrong to support/like the pairing then is it? :)

A

Great Old One
I realise that the "koibito" for Aerith could just mean one sided love but ... if she loves him then it's not wrong to support/like the pairing then is it? :)
It's not wrong to support Clerith at all - but it will be ironic if someone who first denies the term koibito being used as a romantic term, now into a romantic term for their specific preference. If Aerith loves Cloud though, it's not like anything about that can be changed - without even having to tell us, we already know that Tifa loves Cloud (unless people insist on Tifa having only feelings of being a mother to him), so it really seems to be a matter of whom Cloud loves back, if Aerith does end up loving Cloud without being confused from the Zackified Cloud or admitting herself after watching the real Cloud unveil himself from the Lifestream scene with Tifa. It does seem a strong statement for SE to be releasing however the fact that Zack is always by her side - and the term, "first loves," so I guess we'll just have to wait for the translation of the novellas in order to officially be confirmed of all of this. Also, looking at the past posts - we should probably tone it down, as we can't be too sure whether it's Aerith loving Cloud even after she discovers who he is. Plus, it'd be nice to see more Cleriths join here. I don't want FB and Channy to be the only Cleriths here, lol.

Either way, I'm excited for the release of the novellas. Hopefully hito will rise back from the dead and translate for us. :aah:

Last edited:

You don't find it at all strange that Aerith would say that, huh?

But of course it's not wrong to support CxA. :) I actually think Cloud and Aerith are cuter than Cloud and Tifa. Visually at least, imo.

O_O You never go to sleep, A.

Koibito is officially my favorite Japanese word.

By the way...if Tifa's a koibito..and Aerith's a koibito, then doesn't that mean they're koibitos. As in the two of them. :monster:

Anyway. I would be so disappointed if I don't see some Zerith. Zack deserves more than Aerith's ignorance. :(

A

Great Old One
But of course it's not wrong to support CxA. :) I actually think Cloud and Aerith are cuter than Cloud and Tifa. Visually at least, imo.
I'm jealous of their fanart.... so pretty, :3

O_O You never go to sleep, A.
That's because I'm an insomniac. But it's okay, I needed to finish my studies anyway. :wacky:

Anyway. I would be so disappointed if I don't see some Zerith. Zack deserves more than Aerith's ignorance.
Well, we saw some Zerith in their profiles - I'm hoping for more Zerith too, at least.

I mean, being by your first love's side is what I call dedication. :wub:

Aerith is ignorant?

Last edited:
Aerith's ignorance?

Well, not ignorance per se. But there she is thinking of how much she loves Cloud, but the doesn't realize that she's acutally been describing Zack. Someone, who she had shared mutual feelings with, who has loved her so frickin' much and of course, someone who has always been there by her side. And is also in the Lifestream.

Last edited:

A

Great Old One
But that just proves that she still loves Zack, not Cloud. :monster:

T'is a bad habit. But I should be off to the same thing too, :monster:
I can't help it. >: Plus, I get a lot more done, imo.

Well, not ignorance per se. But there she is thinking of how much she loves Cloud, but the doesn't see that she's been describing Zack. Someone, who she had mutual feelings with and of course, someone who has always been there by her side and who has loved her so frickin' much. And is also in the Lifestream.

Yeah, I see what you were trying to say. Due to Aerith's ignorance of Cloud's identity crisis, you meant to say Zack didn't deserve her cold attitude; refering to MotP.

But that just proves that she still loves Zack, not Cloud. :monster:

Rabid cloti. It's the past dontcha know? Quit spouting the same things over and over. Sheesh.

:monster:

I can't help it. >: Plus, I get a lot more done, imo.

Well then, GN. :monster:

Yeah, I see what you were trying to say. Due to Aerith's ignorance of Cloud's identity crisis, you meant to say Zack didn't deserve her cold attitude; refering to MotP.

Right-o. :monster:

Oh right, because Cloud isn't living with Tifa two years after ACC.

Where's he stayingggg? o:

Selphie Tilmitt

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Maidenofwar
Thank you Alise *^_^* Aww~

don't want FB and Channy to be the only Cleriths here, lol.

:shifty:

I thought the "her first love Zack, always by her side" thing was really sweet actually as well as well as his sword being returned to her church :) However there was also the "even now those feelings ..." thing for Cloud and now this koibito thing to think about *spins* (forum needs a dizzy smilie ;p)

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
It's nice of Aerith to think Cloud is a sweet person. Look at me backpedal. :monster:

PS. For the record. There is one legitimate way of thinking of koibito as meaning a one sided affair. As most dictionaries say it either means someone's lover or someone you are in love with. The only thing it definitely doesn't mean is 'someone who loves'.

I've always seen that one as 'someone's beloved', which still has a since of implied mutuality to me. It can be unrequited, but it seems the sort of thing you'd want to specify. In any case, it's valid, but I've only ever seen it referred to as archaic, and in certain dictionaries, it specified it only referred to a wo- Cloud, right. Nevermind.

The English versions of Case of Barret, Denzel, Tifa were published here in teh US. It was included in the Collector's Edition of the movie.

Oh, and I was about to say something about the whole "someone who loves" thing, but Fighter beat me to it. Anyway...

Liar. It's always romantic, and never one-sided... unless, of course, Tifa is involved. Then, it's ALWAYS one-sided.

Actually, only if CLOUD is involved. Tifa is perfectly free to have a mutual romantic relationship with absolutely anyone but him.

@hito: he'll be back. The ebil Clotis will bring him back by holding him at rocket launcher-point. They're super evil and manipulative, 'membah?

Flechette launcher. Things must be done with panache, after all.

You probably are hoping for too much. It's ok... I used to always hope for too much too. I always overestimated people...

Be a cynic instead. Then you get to be pleasantly surprised.

At least I'm not going to be eating my hat because of this! :joy: Since I never really argued "koibito" I have no problems for "koibito" for Tifa and "koibito" for Aerith too :pics:

(yes I'm weird, I know)

I too am curious as to if this takes place before or after Aerith has met with Zack again though - that could change my opinions/beliefs on this overall~

It's never wrong to like the pairing, but the debate really isn't about like. It's about figuring out the facts of the matter.

As for the feelings, it makes the most sense for those to be a reference to the antecedent feelings of worry from the last sentence.
And while Aerith may think of Cloud as her lover, the creators are still deliberately spamming us with Z/A quotes and symbolism. I'd not get too excited til we get the book.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
If Tifa's a koibito and Aerith's a koibito, I definitely support them being koibito to one another. :awesome:

I Am Not Me

The Mean Clack
AKA
Mei, Koibito, Stalker, Little Dude, Nami
If Tifa's a koibito and Aerith's a koibito, I definitely support them being koibito to one another. :awesome:

That would make sense, as Cloud and Zack just really want each other anyway. :monster:

But Ryu is right. We shouldn't get too excited. :awesome: We should save the koibito for later lulz. Although it won't hurt to prepare.

A

Great Old One
I thought the "her first love Zack, always by her side" thing was really sweet actually as well as well as his sword being returned to her church However there was also the "even now those feelings ..." thing for Cloud and now this koibito thing to think about *spins* (forum needs a dizzy smilie ;p)
There is this:
:aah:

That would make sense, as Cloud and Zack just really want each other anyway. :monster:
All we need to see is SE admitting that Cloud really loves Zack and this LTD will be over. :monster:

Lmao you bitch Ali, you're posting here and not at your own forum? SHAME.
Fuck you too. :monster:

Last edited:

crack

Donator
I thought the "her first love Zack, always by her side" thing was really sweet actually as well as well as his sword being returned to her church However there was also the "even now those feelings ..." thing for Cloud and now this koibito thing to think about *spins* (forum needs a dizzy smilie ;p)
"Even now these feelings..." comes from a sentence that's stated that Aerith worries over Cloud. I wouldn't doubt the fact that Aerith still worries over Cloud, especially because he's a Chocobo butt.

Fuck you too. :monster:
Bad loli, don't speak that way to your elders. :awesome:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Are there any pics of this part of CoL before we start discussing it?:awesome:

Top Bottom