SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

Rin

Pro Adventurer
I don't know to what degree the jenova cells/zack memories inside Cloud can be exploited. It was interesting how Cloud and Zack were in sync doing the SOLIDER honor thing. So I wonder if Sephiroth would manipulate Cloud into thinking he is actually Zack and in turn, Cloud may be inherit Zack's emotions? idk
I DO think Cloud is going to take on more Zack-like qualities potentially bc Zack touched him which is how their worlds were able to merge in general & Jenova cells absorb knowledge through touch (not sure if gloves can stop the mimicry or not but my guess is no) but I don't think it'll have anything to with Aerith.

If anything, Cloud will gain more knowledge of Zack's experiences in CC which will bolster his confidence in leading the team. For example, he may "remember" Genesis' involvement or something like that. Anything he does gleam from Zack will be plot driven & not LTD driven. There's just no point when this is the final entry and we need to unravel Clouds falsehood and reinstate the real version of him.

I also would like to believe that we will be spending a majority of this game with the real Cloud, hence why the Clerith b-plot was wrapped up in part 2.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
To give you more details, we're talking about people who recognize Tifa's role. Rebirth was Aerith's game, and part three will be Tifa's. But ultimately, Cloud's feelings for Aerith are somehow "newer", which would give Aerith the advantage when she's alive at the end of the game.

For the other side who thinks Aerith will still be dead at the end, the game will be ambiguous to keep everyone happy. Basically, the situation in AC. Cloud can love both. No one knows.

Obviously I disagree with both. But I share my doubts with you nonetheless.

How do our Cleriths sincerely see the conclusion of the series? Without judgment, be honest, I just want to try to understand...

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
Anyway I was thinking about how some interpret CA interactions as romantic and others as deep friendship (plus comfort) and connected it to Aerith in her resolution in Remake: “even if you think you have, it’s an illusion” (paraphrasing here). It sounded so weird (would he think that or not?), that I guessed it was more aimed at the players.
That's what I thought too. Because they've barely started being friends in the game and suddenly she drops the bomb "Don't fall in love with me" which just made me go, "okay? lol?" But then I started thinking that she's partly talking to the player. It still feels out of the left field but it's not her fault if the devs are using her for meta commentary.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
With Zack and Tifa cucked.
And Cloud and Aerith assholes participating in or encouraging hurtful behaviour, apparently.

@Yoru Aerith is already dead, I do not understand your post 😅

@Ryeleigh yeah this Aerith is very meta since it’s an Aerith who’s already dead.

:shrug:

That's why I really try my best to understand where they're coming from. They're not bad people. Never saw them talk about Tifa to try to make their point. They're just Aerith's fans having no doubt Square Enix is doing something exceptionnal with her in the 3rd game.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
I mean more grandiose than the LS scene which is the story peak moment?

I'm with you lol. That's why I'm trying to understand their POV.

I wouldn't bother with basic haters or people who refute the basic game. These are "internet friends" who knew the game with OG, fan of Aerith's character. Who totally agree with the fact that she's dead and that Cloud is living his life with Tifa at his side, but who came away from Rebirth with the clear impression that SE was changing things and preparing to give Aerith a happy, climactic ending.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
With Zack and Tifa cucked.
And Cloud and Aerith assholes participating in or encouraging hurtful behaviour, apparently.

So they're not really cucked.

Zack has accepted he was gone for a long time and Aerith fell in love with someone new. Basically new Cloud's Wingman.

Tifa will understand in the 3rd game that Aerith and Cloud are meant to be. That's why the game is setting up this over the top Aerith & Tifa top girlfriendship. She won't be sad because it's Aerith, it's a good thing.

That was my summary from the other side of the battlefield. Over.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'm with you lol. That's why I'm trying to understand their POV.

I wouldn't bother with basic haters or people who refute the basic game. These are "internet friends" who knew the game with OG, fan of Aerith's character. Who totally agree with the fact that she's dead and that Cloud is living his life with Tifa at his side, but who came away from Rebirth with the clear impression that SE was changing things and preparing to give Aerith a happy, climactic ending.
See that’s the thing though; Aerith isn’t alive nor coming back. She represents death. She’s been written to die since Remake. And it’s ok. Her role isn’t to be Cloud’s love interest. Rebirth showed the devs developing the CT romance beyond how it was ever written. How do they explain the CT near kiss, their interactions, the fact that Cloud and Tifa are shown to support each other, that Tifa can still reach out to him until ToA where he’s really fcked up? Why do they think Aerith is jealous of the CT bond?

Aerith’s own Promise Land is not Cloud. Her own happiness isn’t to be in love with him. It’s to reunite with Zack. Aerith is a Cetra, the saviour of the Planet, but this is a role she can only understand once dead. In her human, alive form, Aerith doesn’t even know how to pray.

imach0c0

Pro Adventurer
Regarding the LTD, what would the devs have to do with the story in Part 3 to keep things clear? What would make it ambiguous?

Yoru

Pro Adventurer
See that’s the thing though; Aerith isn’t alive nor coming back. She represents death. She’s been written to die since Remake. And it’s ok. Her role isn’t to be Cloud’s love interest. Rebirth showed the devs developing the CT romance beyond how it was ever written. How do they explain the CT near kiss, their interactions, the fact that Cloud and Tifa are shown to support each other, that Tifa can still reach out to him until ToA where he’s really fcked up? Why do they think Aerith is jealous of the CT bond?

Aerith’s own Promise Land is not Cloud. Her own happiness isn’t to be in love with him. It’s to reunite with Zack. Aerith is a Cetra, the saviour of the Planet, but this is a role she can only understand once dead. In her human, alive form, Aerith doesn’t even know how to pray.

Yes I know all that too well. I don't need to be convinced lol.

It's just that's it's not how they view things and I'm just trying to understand with the people who are here. That's why I'm asking our Clerith what they were searching with Rebirth, and how they really feel where this is going.

Regarding the LTD, what would the devs have to do with the story in Part 3 to keep things clear? What would make it ambiguous?

Cloud saying the words : I LOVE YOU. Simple and clean.

Eerie

Fire and Blood
We had moments in “optional scenes” - a meaningful hug, and a kiss. We’re getting I think at least 2 CT kisses next game: the LS scene and the HW scenes.

And I think the LS scene will be very clearly romantic. More than the OG one that was very romantic to me.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
See that’s the problem with echo chambers, are we in one or are others in one? If you look at what they say about Tifa and how they ignore her role as one of the two heroines, you can safely say that they are living in a pretty illusion.
I try to have some awareness of my potential bias but I keep coming back to one thing: all of the non-optional segments between Cloud and Aerith feature the looming shadow of Zack. If the goal were to make this a legitimate possibility… then why kneecap both scenes in the same way? With very few opportunities ( basically 2 ) to massage that in?

Could a last minute 180 be possible? I mean sure… but that would make both Remake and Rebirth very odd pieces of the narrative. I just can’t see it happening without a monstrous change to the narrative.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

For things to not be ambiguous we have to know the point of view of everyone involved.

So from a Cloti ending perspective, a bit cliché but :
  • The FF7 version of the FFX kiss cutscene
  • Aerith giving her blessing with the classic "I'm happy for you two, take care of each other"

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Could a last minute 180 be possible? I mean sure… but that would make both Remake and Rebirth very odd pieces of the narrative. I just can’t see it happening without a monstrous change to the narrative.
It obviously is possible, as in there's not really much stopping their pen from writing the script that way.

But I have more faith in Nojima than that.

and if it did 180, then it would officially be "Final Fanfiction 7" and I think a decent few people would tune out, and it would sully the game's reputation. So even if Clerith does "win" in part 3, does it really? If it tanked a franchise in the process, that is.

Top Bottom