SPOILERS LTD Remake — It's like New Coke except ... no, it's exactly like New Coke

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶
They still going after shady for that church thread i shit you not XD or a zelink and cloti artist like
what are these people miserable seriously
Oh god it seems like it’s getting crazier and crazier. The nitpicking I’ve seen at the Gongaga near kiss is just BAFFLING. People are like adding lines, zooming, flipping, reversing, and doing everything frame by frame to prove it’s not just a simple near kiss scene.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yep and yep.
It's a sort of bizarre thought- we want characters to seem real, but seeming real makes them feel real and for some people that's enough. The human mind excellent at anthropomorphizing, even stuff like a fucking pencil. Fake people are just too easy.
But yeah, "verisimilitude" is the standard for realism in fiction, but always remember it means "similarity to real" not "real"

Yeah, it's even nuttier by American "of course they're on drugs they're famous!" sensibilities. There's gotta be a happy medium in there somewhere.
I mean in general Japan could stand to be chiller about drugs as a whole.

Well that's how you end up with the Enclave gunning for you.
Shipping... Shipping never changes.

They might as well write the message on a hammer and send it via literal head pounding.
It basically has been at this poiint.

Especially for rabid ones.
They usually have such a bad eye for photography.

Yep. Though a rare clever author may use a bad twist to hide the good twist.
Smokescreens and shell games, natch.

Ew, yeah you hit that nail on the head. It's a lot like that and it makes my skin crawl a bit.
It's so blatant, too.

True enough, a Steel-type would ignore it, some Poison-types would eat it. But unless it's a Galarian Weezing, which eats polluted air and excretes fresh, it's not gonna save the trainer :trainermon:
A lot of Pokemon have lore and moves around purifying toxins, but yeah, Galarian Weezing is your most efficient bet, though tons have ways to avoid it.

I suppose so. Although in that case you'd think more than just Ratman woulda survived.
The facility was in much better shape back then, far fewer cracks and easier to seal off rooms.
Alternately maybe a bunch did survive and he's the only one that stuck around.
The events of Portal 1 happen pretty quickly before the 7 hour invasion and the neurotoxin was pretty soon before that.

Yeah, just St bigger. So, more neurotoxin.
So much neurotoxin.

Yeah. Yeah that's unhinged.
But it fits the alleged source to a T.

When do we get internet Privateers what are licensed to pirate from other pirates?
That's sort of what torrenting is, isn't it?

I'm back in AR so fun. You made it above 100 degrees yet?
Not yet, but we did hit the 90s last weekend when I was removing all the planks from my deck.

Like a human trying to fire an ork's shoota.
Well, without convincing an Ork that it could be done, anyways.

So it's comparable to those social addicts who live to get others addicted too? You know the kind. Magic the Gathering players.
Very much so. Misery needs company in this case.

You're not wrong.
When this whole bullshit started, I was younger than Yuffie. Now I am older than Barret.

Who knows how far they may have slipped by now.
A very good question.

And now I'm picturing Sephiroth wearing a white Kirk mask.
Making Aerith Judith, I guess?

This. I've had loads of characters like this in my day, so fully formed in my head that it really feels like they make their own decisions. It's especially prevalent in D&D characters.
I tend to make my characters backwards (mechanically first and then randomize details of their fluff side) just to make this process more interesting.

In the manual for the og it says something along the lines of "the love triangle ensuing between Cloud, Tifa, and Aerith" I think.

That she was most interested in pursuing it, I think was the line there.

And there was also that advertisement that ran which lied and said Cloud and Aerith had a "love that could never be."
Insert my very long rant about Marketing materials here.

...and Remake Aerith.
I know, I just decided to make a Maiden joke since they keep saying how CA it is when it really really isn't.

In fairness, the Rebirth Ultimania did include Nojima saying that fans have been imagining a kiss between Cloud and Tifa for years now, he must at least take some notice.
When he said fans, he meant himself. MAN ON THE INSIDE! (I kid, I kid)

The gist of Tifa's design was made before the Aerith we know today, no? The design used for the Cetra was much closer to Tifa than Aerith.
She was also named Tifa.

After you're around long enough you'll inevitably realise that this logic is used for, more or less, every Clerith argument.
Yep.

And you'll also find that it's associating each pairing with a theme of theirs - Cloud and Tifa have stars - Zack and Aerith have the blue fair sky.
Absolutely, yes.

I always see people saying Nomura has a soft spot for Tifa, but I don't really know why?
Among other things, Rinoa and Dagger right after.

The devs and VAs go on and on about how Cloud is anything but a bad person yet people still find a way!
The funny thing is those people don't realize how bad they're casting Cloud. To them Tifa is the villain of the piece.

I actually completely forgot there were other SOLDIERs in the original, they're only in Junon during disc 2 aren't they?
You can also see them in the Shinra tower and in the return to midgar, IIRC.

Plus, even if Aerith's date was the canon one...people still went for Tifa's. So the "canon" argument is ultimately useless since the bar has been set.

And just as a side note, I made a thread just there on twitter which gained much more traction than I ever thought I'd get on a post, and shockingly Cleriths have been...absent? I thought there'd be more, maybe it's just a calm before the storm situation? Very peculiar.
Give them time. They're still hyperfixating on the kiss and Gongaga.

I think you can run into them rarely in the Shinra building as well? I’m trying to remember where you can steal a sword for Cloud during that segment.
The hard edge, IIRC?

They still going after shady for that church thread i shit you not XD or a zelink and cloti artist like

Oh god it seems like it’s getting crazier and crazier. The nitpicking I’ve seen at the Gongaga near kiss is just BAFFLING. People are like adding lines, zooming, flipping, reversing, and doing everything frame by frame to prove it’s not just a simple near kiss scene.
I've seen people declare Tifa committed sexual assault because they literally cannot fathom Cloud wanted to kiss her.

From the south, in a dark place, where the sun don't shine...
Ultimately, yes. The question is which asshole did it originate from.

Yoru

Pro Adventurer

And all of this just to prove what they're denying. Pure comedy.

Don't light a match next to them, the amount of copium is dangerously flammable.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
And all of this just to prove what they're denying. Pure comedy.

Don't light a match next to them, the amount of copium is dangerously flammable.
So that’s why Cid stopped smoking. Wouldn’t want to ignite the room between flights.

If you have to break out the measuring tools, then that’s your first sign that you’re willfully denying the easiest and simplest answer to a question that’s been answered for nearly 30 years.

Cloud’s feelings for Tifa aren’t in question.

Xannis

Rookie Adventurer
Really? That's a weapon I've missed 3 times now if so.

Re This Plus Pxl_Pushers question. You can encounter SOLDIER 3rd's in the Shinra Bldg. Officially listed as encountered on both 67 and 68th floor. Just a personal note, however, I only ever encounter them AFTER the part where the party wakes up and suddenly their cells are open (the one where the creepy music is playing). They're carrying the Hardedge which you can steal.

Sort of funny if you ever do a replay. There is another enemy (MOTH Unit) in that exact same sequence that has the Carbon Bangle. Stealing 3x of those + the Hardedge is pretty insane power wise. You won't replace the Hardedge until you get to Costa Del Sol and the next best armor you can get is on the cargo ship.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Re This Plus Pxl_Pushers question. You can encounter SOLDIER 3rd's in the Shinra Bldg. Officially listed as encountered on both 67 and 68th floor. Just a personal note, however, I only ever encounter them AFTER the part where the party wakes up and suddenly their cells are open (the one where the creepy music is playing). They're carrying the Hardedge which you can steal.

Sort of funny if you ever do a replay. There is another enemy (MOTH Unit) in that exact same sequence that has the Carbon Bangle. Stealing 3x of those + the Hardedge is pretty insane power wise. You won't replace the Hardedge until you get to Costa Del Sol and the next best armor you can get is on the cargo ship.
Thank you! Now I remember. They can also kick your ass if you’re not careful, so save often lol

Looping it to Remake, you can encounter 3rd class SOLDIERs in the parking garage of the Shinra Building, and it’s a great place to farm levels. This also backs up what Cloud says to Barret that if they had encountered SOLDIER during the first bomb run, they’d wreck face.

Remake definitely did a good job showing you that SOLDIERs are weirdos even for the setting, and it’s likely why some of Cloud’s own eccentricities are overlooked

ViolaaFox

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Viola A. Fox
I agree with this because…I was a casual. Maybe I still even am I don’t know, I’ve only been a fan of FF7 for 2 or 3 months now.

The game seemed pretty obvious on setting up CT and ZA from the very beginning. I couldn’t really understand how significant it was that Zack “reunited” with Aerith and reached Midgar (I didn’t know CC when I was playing Rebirth), even if she was not conscious. That’s the very start of the game and is a huge follow up for their relationship.

Then the next is Cloud and Tifa being at odds and making up. If it’s not Sephiroth making you aware of them being significant to each other, then it’s Aerith saying don’t take her for for granted, or poking fun that he’d go up to the water tower to have her wave at him.

It’s…so obvious. It really is just so obvious what they’ve set up.
Fully agree on that. They also make it more obvious that Aerith is coping with her dream date in chapter 14. Or how Aerith even copies some of Zack's gestures in Remake and Rebirth.

With Zelink artist... do you mean the incident that recently happened on Twitter? Where someone got mad over an artist that did a fanart with Zelda wearing Tifa's outfit?

I really love how parts of the fandom even read symbolism into this scene that wasn't actually there. Haha

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
With Zelink artist... do you mean the incident that recently happened on Twitter? Where someone got mad over an artist that did a fanart with Zelda wearing Tifa's outfit?
It went further than that. Some said the artist had a mental illness to think Link and Zelda were anything like Cloud and Tifa.

I really love how parts of the fandom even read symbolism into this scene that wasn't actually there. Haha
Welcome to the wacky world of the Crazy Clerith, where everything is made up and Tifa never matters.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
That she was most interested in pursuing it, I think was the line there.
I wouldn't really place too much stock on what the manual says anyway, seeing as Cloud and Tifa's relationship is kinda supposed to be the plot twist, they're hardly going to spoil it in a small booklet that's only trying to key you in on the basics.

It also probably refers to Cloud as "EX-SOLDIER".
Insert my very long rant about Marketing materials here.
And how the guy lies again in the same breath.

I know, I just decided to make a Maiden joke since they keep saying how CA it is when it really really isn't.
Yeah, Maiden can't even be canon anyway, it conflicts with Crisis Core.

When he said fans, he meant himself. MAN ON THE INSIDE! (I kid, I kid)
Well, yeah. I remember he liked fanart of him basically as an arbiter and had Cloud and Tifa in his hands with love hearts and all that, and he also liked posts that said Tifa was a great wife. Intriguing.

She was also named Tifa.
And was siblings with Sephiroth who, at the time, looked like Vincent.

The funny thing is those people don't realize how bad they're casting Cloud. To them Tifa is the villain of the piece.
She's certainly a villain to them, for reasons

Give them time. They're still hyperfixating on the kiss and Gongaga.
Even if Cloud didn't move in there - he certainly didn't move away. And given the stricken look on face afterwards and what he makes of Tifa saying "maybe I'm getting ahead of myself again", I think he was definitely clued in as to what was happening there.

Welcome to the wacky world of the Crazy Clerith, where everything is made up and Tifa never matters.
And neither does Zack.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I wouldn't really place too much stock on what the manual says anyway, seeing as Cloud and Tifa's relationship is kinda supposed to be the plot twist, they're hardly going to spoil it in a small booklet that's only trying to key you in on the basics.

It also probably refers to Cloud as "EX-SOLDIER".
It does, yes.

And how the guy lies again in the same breath.
Oh, I know. And it's not like anyone takes any other FF commercial as 'true' to the source material.

Yeah, Maiden can't even be canon anyway, it conflicts with Crisis Core.
And DoC as well.

Well, yeah. I remember he liked fanart of him basically as an arbiter and had Cloud and Tifa in his hands with love hearts and all that, and he also liked posts that said Tifa was a great wife. Intriguing.
Nojima is not hiding things. He's not announcing it, but he's making things obvious.

And was siblings with Sephiroth who, at the time, looked like Vincent.
Also correct. Reno and Rude also looked like each other, more or less.

She's certainly a villain to them, for reasons
The sins of being Cloud's love interest and attractive.

Even if Cloud didn't move in there - he certainly didn't move away. And given the stricken look on face afterwards and what he makes of Tifa saying "maybe I'm getting ahead of myself again", I think he was definitely clued in as to what was happening there.
Regardless of whoever 'moved in first' Cloud absolutely made the move on the date, so if Cloud knows Tifa is down, he is more than down.

And neither does Zack.
He matters only so he can 'bless' the new pairing and remove uncertainty for CA.
It's funny how CA is taking Marlene's very simple explanation of Aerith's feelings in Rebirth as evidence she's totally moved on from Zack, because it makes Marelene's actions in remake come across as needlessly cruel in retrospect. Like, she gets granted knowledge of Aerith, the meaning of the flower, and Aerith's feelings, and immediately goes and points out "He gave it to Tifa!"

It's like Marlene doesn't want Aerith to be with anyone.

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Oh, I know. And it's not like anyone takes any other FF commercial as 'true' to the source material.
The whole campaign was misleading, Sony was going to sell copies of that game no matter what, they had already pumped too much money into it for it to fail.

And DoC as well.
I haven't actually played DoC, what do you mean by this?

Nojima is not hiding things. He's not announcing it, but he's making things obvious.
I mean, he technically has in stuff he has said ages ago.

Also correct. Reno and Rude also looked like each other, more or less.
Interesting.

The sins of being Cloud's love interest and attractive.
New post on twitter doing the rounds that Tifa needed a hero and Aerith doesn't since she's the heroine. Gotta love the enthusiasm people show for these characters.

Regardless of whoever 'moved in first' Cloud absolutely made the move on the date, so if Cloud knows Tifa is down, he is more than down.
After gawking at her, at that.

He matters only so he can 'bless' the new pairing and remove uncertainty for CA.
It's funny how CA is taking Marlene's very simple explanation of Aerith's feelings in Rebirth as evidence she's totally moved on from Zack, because it makes Marelene's actions in remake come across as needlessly cruel in retrospect. Like, she gets granted knowledge of Aerith, the meaning of the flower, and Aerith's feelings, and immediately goes and points out "He gave it to Tifa!"

It's like Marlene doesn't want Aerith to be with anyone.
It's funny because Clerith is already dead, Zack can't really sign off on it.

And the Marlene situation is funny since in the og she had that line "I think she likes you!" "I won't tell Tifa!"

----
Also, who was it that said in the Rebirth Ultimania that they didn't want to end the Re;trilogy with "unresolved feelings", because that alone solidifies Cloti and Zerith lmao.

Last edited:

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
Nice ! So Tifa can have Cloud ! Aerith is already filling the hero trope for her couple.
Ah, you misunderstand! The hero and the heroine get together, so Clerith is bound to happen you see!

Another take from the same account: "you can take out CT scenes with creating continuity errors, you can't do the same for CA"

...just have to wonder if these people are even fans, like have they even played the games?

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
Ah, you misunderstand! The hero and the heroine get together, so Clerith is bound to happen you see!

Another take from the same account: "you can take out CT scenes with creating continuity errors, you can't do the same for CA"

...just have to wonder if these people are even fans, like have they even played the games?
You know what, screw it. Someone do the edit lol I gotta see it, because it’d still be weird just how much Aerith brings up Tifa when it’s just her and Cloud if you don’t show Cloud and Tifa scenes.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
The whole campaign was misleading, Sony was going to sell copies of that game no matter what, they had already pumped too much money into it for it to fail.
Marketing is misleading by its very nature. The goal is sales, not accuracy.

I haven't actually played DoC, what do you mean by this?
Hojo does not go into the lifestream on his death, basically. I could go on but it's complicated BS.

I mean, he technically has in stuff he has said ages ago.
Yeah, but he's just saying it very casually, like it's already understood.

Interesting.
Early development. A bunch of what was FF7 early dev was spun off into Parasite Even and Xenogears.

New post on twitter doing the rounds that Tifa needed a hero and Aerith doesn't since she's the heroine. Gotta love the enthusiasm people show for these characters.
That has to be bait. Like that was posted knowing it would get people going "what are you talking about" so other people could complain about a swarm and how the CT side is insecure.

After gawking at her, at that.
Sorry, you'll need to narrow down which gawking you mean. It's basically the default state of Cloud. (ba dum tish)

It's funny because Clerith is already dead, Zack can't really sign off on it.
Not that he plans to.

And the Marlene situation is funny since in the og she had that line "I think she likes you!" "I won't tell Tifa!"
Marlene just loves the hot goss, really.

----
Also, who was it that said in the Rebirth Ultimania that they didn't want to end the Re;trilogy with "unresolved feelings", because that alone solidifies Cloti and Zerith lmao.
Nojima, IIRC.

Whether or not the mean "remove the character from the game" or even just "skip over the scene" you lose a big chunk of Disc 2 Cloud. He's leading the party, he talks to Sephiroth, suddenly it's a week later and you're controlling Tifa, then you go to mideel, you find Cloud is a vegetable and suddenly you're controlling Cid, you do a couple plot beats, and suddenly Cloud's A-OK again. And it keeps going. And as Yoru said, you can't have Cloud without Tifa.

Meanwhile you could excise Aerith's brief moments from Disc 2 and 3 and lose... a hand and a smile?
I mean, if we're rewriting shit, let's go whole hog!

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel

Hojo does not go into the lifestream on his death, basically. I could go on but it's complicated BS.

Early development. A bunch of what was FF7 early dev was spun off into Parasite Even and Xenogears.

That has to be bait. Like that was posted knowing it would get people going "what are you talking about" so other people could complain about a swarm and how the CT side is insecure.

Sorry, you'll need to narrow down which gawking you mean. It's basically the default state of Cloud. (ba dum tish)

Not that he plans to.

Nojima, IIRC.

Whether or not the mean "remove the character from the game" or even just "skip over the scene" you lose a big chunk of Disc 2 Cloud. He's leading the party, he talks to Sephiroth, suddenly it's a week later and you're controlling Tifa, then you go to mideel, you find Cloud is a vegetable and suddenly you're controlling Cid, you do a couple plot beats, and suddenly Cloud's A-OK again. And it keeps going. And as Yoru said, you can't have Cloud without Tifa.

Meanwhile you could excise Aerith's brief moments from Disc 2 and 3 and lose... a hand and a smile?
I mean, in terms of Cloud’s character arc, Aerith doesn’t really apply that much… which is because Tifa exists… because she was made to be the heroine that stays by his side until the end.

I feel like I’m looking at 4-piece jigsaw puzzle here

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
I mean, in terms of Cloud’s character arc, Aerith doesn’t really apply that much… which is because Tifa exists… because she was made to be the heroine that stays by his side until the end.

It's not complicated, no.
I was just thinking about a version of the game where we just... remove Aerith, like someone wanted to do for Cait Sith. Whatever his name was. Hated the word flunkies.

Let's just limit it to Midgar for now.
Anyways, nothing changes of note until Cloud falls after the Airbuster fight where instead of the church he falls into a trash heap. He doesn't wake up to anyone, there's no Turk escape. Instead Cloud makes it back to 7th heaven before Tifa goes undercover, and he and say, Jessie tag along as backup. When Jessie brings up the details of the mission he still gets antsy and we do the wall market sequence with her instead.
Sewers, pillar- Jessie goes to grab Marlene. leaves her with Marle, Gets captured or even killed here. It changes the assault on ShinRa to a vengeance mission rather than a rescue but it was already partly that anyways. You lose a bit of exposition but Red can take up the slack?

On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out what the first scene with Tifa you could remove her from and NOT fundamentally change the plot in a "Cloud wouldn't even be there" sense. It's after Don Corneo for sure. In Shinra tower, maybe?

nars305

🎵 I am so, so bored 🎶

I used to understand how someone can think Cloud and Aerith are it. This is besides shipping, everyone is free to ship who they want of course. However, I can’t even say that anymore honestly.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
It's not complicated, no.
I was just thinking about a version of the game where we just... remove Aerith, like someone wanted to do for Cait Sith. Whatever his name was. Hated the word flunkies.

Let's just limit it to Midgar for now.
Anyways, nothing changes of note until Cloud falls after the Airbuster fight where instead of the church he falls into a trash heap. He doesn't wake up to anyone, there's no Turk escape. Instead Cloud makes it back to 7th heaven before Tifa goes undercover, and he and say, Jessie tag along as backup. When Jessie brings up the details of the mission he still gets antsy and we do the wall market sequence with her instead.
Sewers, pillar- Jessie goes to grab Marlene. leaves her with Marle, Gets captured or even killed here. It changes the assault on ShinRa to a vengeance mission rather than a rescue but it was already partly that anyways. You lose a bit of exposition but Red can take up the slack?

On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out what the first scene with Tifa you could remove her from and NOT fundamentally change the plot in a "Cloud wouldn't even be there" sense. It's after Don Corneo for sure. In Shinra tower, maybe?
Well, you’d have to make a decision, does the scene of Tifa finding Cloud count since it chronologically happens first, or do you figure out a different reason for Cloud to… oh wait… he’d be a vegetable still. Hmm

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Well, you’d have to make a decision, does the scene of Tifa finding Cloud count since it chronologically happens first, or do you figure out a different reason for Cloud to… oh wait… he’d be a vegetable still. Hmm
Exactly. And it goes back even further than that. If Tifa was for some reason not in Nibelheim during the incident, that boy was gonna go AWOL to find her. If she wasn't in town beforehand, he doesn't decide to try and become SOLDIER to impress her.

Ryeleigh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Rye
On the other hand, I'm trying to figure out what the first scene with Tifa you could remove her from and NOT fundamentally change the plot in a "Cloud wouldn't even be there" sense.
Exactly. And it goes back even further than that. If Tifa was for some reason not in Nibelheim during the incident, that boy was gonna go AWOL to find her. If she wasn't in town beforehand, he doesn't decide to try and become SOLDIER to impress her.
But Tifa's the unimportant side character who's just a plot device to fix Cloud in the Lifestream so he can go on pining after Aerith, lol. And don't you know, Cloud wanted to become SOLDIER to impress Sephiroth. :awesome:

abzy1200

Pro Adventurer
They didn't even say it was an rpg did they?

Well, I could see an easy workaround for that, that because of the Jenova cells, he refused to assimilate like Sephiroth did, no?

At this point they really are going to have do a livestream like they did with NPTK with the announcement of what's actually going on here, because if part 3 doesn't get the message across, nothing will.

Masato Katou also wrote in a similar scene to UTH into Xenogears, didn't he?

Surely. Really don't put it past them, though.

Tifa literally says it lmao: "Hey, Cloud? Y'know when we were kids and you'd always be...y'know, watching me?"

First thing he does when he got home to Nibelheim was sit atop the water tower and stare at Tifa's house.

Not that he plans to.
Honestly, the whole angle of adding more angst to Zerith with that Marlene interaction kinda rubs me the wrong way...was there not already enough angst between Zack and Aerith? You had to add even more?

Just can't stop spreading juicy rumours about who fancies who

Nojima, IIRC.
That instills even more confidence in me.

Something I've always thought about is how you could remove Aerith from the game and the only substantial difference would be that the ending changes. As far as I can remember, Cloud's character arc goes completely unchanged.

However, if you remove Tifa you need to rewrite the entire game.

pxl_pushr

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Pixel
They didn't even say it was an rpg did they?

Well, I could see an easy workaround for that, that because of the Jenova cells, he refused to assimilate like Sephiroth did, no?

At this point they really are going to have do a livestream like they did with NPTK with the announcement of what's actually going on here, because if part 3 doesn't get the message across, nothing will.

Masato Katou also wrote in a similar scene to UTH into Xenogears, didn't he?

Surely. Really don't put it past them, though.

Tifa literally says it lmao: "Hey, Cloud? Y'know when we were kids and you'd always be...y'know, watching me?"

First thing he does when he got home to Nibelheim was sit atop the water tower and stare at Tifa's house.

Honestly, the whole angle of adding more angst to Zerith with that Marlene interaction kinda rubs me the wrong way...was there not already enough angst between Zack and Aerith? You had to add even more?

Just can't stop spreading juicy rumours about who fancies who

That instills even more confidence in me.

Something I've always thought about is how you could remove Aerith from the game and the only substantial difference would be that the ending changes. As far as I can remember, Cloud's character arc goes completely unchanged.

However, if you remove Tifa you need to rewrite the entire game.
Maybe the ending changes. I’ve always found the line between the planet doing what it wants and Aerith doing her thing to be blurry. One does not tell the planet what to do, you petition it, which is the main power of a Cetra from my understanding.

If the white materia can only be activated by a Cetra, then you may run into an issue without Aerith

Top Bottom