Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
No I'm just really bored. Living room TV is being hogged for CW's Twilight-wannabe show, otherwise I'd be playing ME2.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow...I will say that this Clerith at TNC is certainly tenacious and at least replying to everyone. That's a start, even if they're bumb-fuck wrong :monster:

New Clerith said:
Well, Rachel wasn't an active partner or competition. Locke was still haunted by the feelings of guilt and failure he felt by failing to protect her. That wasn't exactly romantic. Those feelings he had for her and remembered didn't really mean he was going to leave Celes for her.

...Am I the only one who finds it ironic a Clerith would say this, but then turn around and say Cloud's undying feelings for Aerith are not just guilt and guilt had nothing to do with it?

Isabella

Your Mom
All emo vampire guys are the same guy.

thumb1_4ccc1cf2aa384073a497d6ed4563.jpg

Mako, I'm curious whether that's actually someone just having a little fun. :monster:

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Well then put Sword-Crosser in here with Lonewolf and AngelAlex, and we'll all discuss Vampire Smallville and Twilight guy. That would cure my boredom. (So would the TV being free.)

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Even if it is a troll I'll take it

The IP doesn't match anyone who's been there so far though :P

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Yeah but there's rules and stuff. How can you be a troll w/out being a crybaby, an ass, and a point ignorer?

...Am I the only one who finds it ironic a Clerith would say this, but then turn around and say Cloud's undying feelings for Aerith are not just guilt and guilt had nothing to do with it?

It's almost pathetic. Being that deep in levels of denial and delusion... As to twist something like Rachel actually being Lockes Fiance into "Oh it was nothing but guilt!"

But the chick Cloud knew for two weeks, told to go home constantly, and never really got along with personality-wise. Oh yeah. That was true love right there.

crack

Donator
But the chick Cloud knew for two weeks, told to go home constantly, and never really got along with personality-wise. Oh yeah. That was true love right there.
At that point, Cloud was just a cold asshole to everyone. So personality-wise, I think they did manage to get along.

But like you said, it's baffling how people don't consider the amount of time they spent together (and none of that actually being Cloud), and assume that they loved each other from the start.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Wow...I will say that this Clerith at TNC is certainly tenacious and at least replying to everyone. That's a start, even if they're bumb-fuck wrong :monster:

SHE'S THIS CLOSE TO REALIZING SOMETHING.

KILL IT WITH FIRE!

Fire is not enough.

Winter

8ad 8r8k
AKA
oddishness, like vines, azula, femshep, winter
But like you said, it's baffling how people don't consider the amount of time they spent together (and none of that actually being Cloud), and assume that they loved each other from the start.

To be fair, Cloud and Aerith was originally written as a typical Final Fantasy love story.

I don't think Tidus and Yuna knew each other that long either. It's not so much about logic so much as it's about what Square intended.

Splintered

unsavory tart
To be fair, Cloud and Aerith was originally written as a typical Final Fantasy love story.

I don't think Tidus and Yuna knew each other that long either. It's not so much about logic so much as it's about what Square intended.
I think Isabella called it best when she said Aerith and Cloud were a red herring. I don't think it's any bit of a stretch that people still thought that there might be something between them after FFVII, especially since the ending was so ambiguous.

It's just now that there's so much more information out, it's easier to draw a conclusion. Even if I do think that Cloud/Tifa is as close to canon as anyone is going to get, I still have problems with completely ruling out a Cloud/Aerith romance, or believing they won't stop dropping little hints.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
I've heard/read things like from others before, but...

1) originally written? Whaddya mean by that? How do we know how were they originally written?

2) What is typical in FF? Aren't Cecil & Rosa, like, the ultimate FF couple? And I could have sworn that they were ~childhood friends~.....

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I think Isabella called it best when she said Aerith and Cloud were a red herring. I don't think it's any bit of a stretch that people still thought that there might be something between them after FFVII, especially since the ending was so ambiguous.

It's just now that there's so much more information out, it's easier to draw a conclusion. Even if I do think that Cloud/Tifa is as close to canon as anyone is going to get, I still have problems with completely ruling out a Cloud/Aerith romance, or believing they won't stop dropping little hints.

Boo! Go back to Splinter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom