Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
It says they desire each other. Really Q, you're trying to convince people who will never, ever be convinced, or admit it if they have been. That's why I don't debate anymore.
No it says they want each other, WANT EACH OTHER TO DO WHAT? IT DOESN'T SAY, YOU CAN'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS BELLA, YOU CAN'T!

:awesome:

But yeah true, and I'm sure they'd just use Chibica's translations anyway. They need a new translator :(

Oh bella. I am so demanding you.
That was fuckin great.

Last edited:

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
you're trying to convince people who will never, ever be convinced, or admit it if they have been.

Hi there.

I wish I could remember when I realized Cloti was cannon. I just remember waking up in the middle of the night one time with a blindfold over my eyes and duct tape on my mouth. I felt a sharp pain in my arm, and fell back asleep. When I woke up, something about that wacky dream made me realize the truth. Strange huh?

Last edited:

Vendel

Banned
Hi there.

Wasn't your first experience with the compilation AC?

If so you are not exactly a long term hard-liner Drake. Just an unfortunate soul who was drawn in by the promise of eternal pink love.

I wish I could remember when I realized Cloti was cannon. I just remember waking up in the middle of the night one time with a blindfold over my eyes and duct tape on my mouth. I felt a sharp pain in my arm, and fell back asleep. When I woke up, something about that wacky dream made me realize the truth. Strange huh?

That's right Drake. All just a dream.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I saw Ryu convince someone on EoFF once and there was someone I convinced on FF.net... and the ones on neoseeker seemed to have sort of recanted. So sometimes they do change their minds.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So y'all have been sitting on CxT desiring each other this whole time?

THIS.

:demands:

Seriously, what the fuck, people? I demand a congressional inquiry into who knew what and when!

And let me guess, the memo was entitled "Cloud determined to attack inside Tifa," wasn't it?

For real, though, how has this not been discussed sooner? I even own the book it came out of and didn't realize the line was there (pg. 27 of the Ultimania Omega).

I've got to edit that damn FAQ of mine again.

So Q. Do you still hold that C/T didn't bone under the HW?

I'd forgotten that there were still people holding out on that one.

Now that we've all seen this quote, I'm interested in how two people would confirm feelings of desire in a way that doesn't involve words, but also doesn't involve getting frisky. Sign language, perhaps? :awesome:

picture24r.jpg

Of course, what Cloud actually meant: "We should lay down now since we have to go into the Northern Crater tomorrow. By the way, I don't want to fuck you."

And Tifa's response (thrusting her tongue between the V sign she made with her fingers) meant, "Yeah, you're right. Don't want to be tired tomorrow. Also, I don't blame you. Better to march toward death with blue balls. Can I borrow the Buster Sword tonight, though? Just the handle will do."

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
If she was TRULY in a relationship, she'd just KNOW... somehow!'
She would feel it in the water, feel it in the earth, smell it in the air.
Yes, if you're in a relationship you don't have any problems and you have no reasons to be unhappy. That's always been my experience. How about you guys?
Everything is magically healed by love. Depressed people cease beign depressed, fatal illnesses are not a problem, bills are paid by the rainbows they shit and couples never fight because they're in love.
They always giggle and playfully tease each other.

*sigh* Ahh, true love.

Dude you know what they'll say. "It doesn't say WHAT they desire. They might desire to be friends!"
It's mutual desire for each other, no?
Also, they ARE friends. This "feelings of friendship" bullshit is just retarded.
That Tifa and Cloud are friends is established in the fucking manual. Tifa doesn't just abandon everything and everyone for some random guy in a wheelchair.
Cloud and Tifa don't choose to stay by the ship together when the world is ending because no one else invited them to a party.
They WERE friends. What is confirmed is the mutual romantic attraction.

C.aT!S

Lv. 1 Adventurer
Frankly speaking I registered here partly because of this thread. I love your debates, you give off so much fun that I couldn't help coming round. Thank you, thank you a lot!

Ontopic: I'm cloti since I first played FFVII ^^'

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Yes, if you're in a relationship you don't have any problems and you have no reasons to be unhappy. That's always been my experience. How about you guys?

Yep. All problems, TTLY vanish. REAL relationships never have problems. And they never get angry at each other.
Now tell that to my parents...

Also, them DEMANDING each other is insanely awesome. So much for the stereotype of them being too bashful to have sex. :awesome:

Hell, 'too bashful but suddenly demanding' is a stereotype in Japan all its own.

So? Look at the other game couples with maybe the exception of Cecil and Rosa. A lot of them have some sort of conflict between them.

Even they have some conflict. Remember 'I'm not letting you throw your life away?' 'I'm doing it anyways!'

Dude you know what they'll say. "It doesn't say WHAT they desire. They might desire to be friends!"
Which is why I'd like other times when this was used for other couples :P

Quex, what they desire is EACH OTHER.

No it says they want each other, WANT EACH OTHER TO DO WHAT? IT DOESN'T SAY, YOU CAN'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS BELLA, YOU CAN'T!

:awesome:

But yeah true, and I'm sure they'd just use Chibica's translations anyway. They need a new translator :(

They need A translator, period.
Cwut I did thar?

THIS.

:demands:

Seriously, what the fuck, people? I demand a congressional inquiry into who knew what and when!

And let me guess, the memo was entitled "Cloud determined to attack inside Tifa," wasn't it?

With an additional memo 'Tifa expected to mount token resistance before accepting invasion completely.'

For real, though, how has this not been discussed sooner? I even own the book it came out of and didn't realize the line was there (pg. 27 of the Ultimania Omega).

I've got to edit that damn FAQ of mine again.

This is why. We want to make you work from time to time.

I'd forgotten that there were still people holding out on that one.

Now that we've all seen this quote, I'm interested in how two people would confirm feelings of desire in a way that doesn't involve words, but also doesn't involve getting frisky. Sign language, perhaps? :awesome:

Mating dances. Cloud and Tifa make 'plumage' displays.

Of course, what Cloud actually meant: "We should lay down now since we have to go into the Northern Crater tomorrow. By the way, I don't want to fuck you."

And Tifa's response (thrusting her tongue between the V sign she made with her fingers) meant, "Yeah, you're right. Don't want to be tired tomorrow. Also, I don't blame you. Better to march toward death with blue balls. Can I borrow the Buster Sword tonight, though? Just the handle will do."

Well, she does need to prepare herself so she doesn't hurt herself at the big event.

In Cloud's pants.

Frankly speaking I registered here partly because of this thread. I love your debates, you give off so much fun that I couldn't help coming round. Thank you, thank you a lot!

Ontopic: I'm cloti since I first played FFVII ^^'

Welk, newb. When was your first time playing FF7?

As for the two people who voted Aerith and have not already spoken their piece, would you two mind making your reasonings known? For one of you, it will be your first post!

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
I demand, er, ask nicely and with great respect that you guys translate the rest of that page, when you cba. I want to know what else has been obscured by Engrish. I seem to remember a line saying Cloud's sudden kindness toward Yuffie was due to spending the night alone with Tifa. Blue balls = vanquished.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
LOL what?

Cloud was kind to Yuffie when he found out she suffered motion sickness just like he did. Where did you hear that one?!

Eerie

Fire and Blood
ROFL, I can't believe we've been trying to prove that:
- the feelings they boths shared were indeed romantic
- they DID have sex under the Highwind
... and it was already written all along in an Ultimania :monster:

Now if only I could stop laughing XD

On a more serious matter, yes, I'd be interested in that page too, when you'll have some time to kill XD *seconds Bella's request*

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Okay, who's the fifth person who voted for Aerith? Come on, I won't hurt you - I'll leave that to Vendel.
Oh come on, just because they voted for the dead person doesn't mean they voted Aerith. They could be meaning Jessie, or hell, even Zack.

Isabella

Your Mom
LOL what?

Cloud was kind to Yuffie when he found out she suffered motion sickness just like he did. Where did you hear that one?!

It's on the same page as the wanting each other line in the UO, if the engrish version is anything to judge by. Something about Yuffie being puzzled by Cloud's kinder tone and not being aware of his meaningful night with Tifa.

Are you calling me delusional, Mako? ARE YOU?

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
LOL what?

The UO. It does say Cloud acts a lot kinder and 'guesses' that it has something to do with his meaningful night with Tifa.

Vendel

Banned
ROFL, I can't believe we've been trying to prove that:
- the feelings they boths shared were indeed romantic
Something which didn't need to be proven.
- they DID have sex under the Highwind
NO! Rocks and REJECTION and......FRIENDSHIP!
On a more serious matter, yes, I'd be interested in that page too, when you'll have some time to kill XD *seconds Bella's request*
It would be nice if nothing else if we have these quotes organized properly.

And it's funny that Yuffie noticed Cloud was feeling different the next day. I guess rejecting Tifa under the HW really lifted that weight.

Ryushikaze

AKA
Tim, Ryu
Uh oh. Mako's gone sparkly eyes. That's stage one of the infection.

:pumps shotgun: We gotta stop it before it spreads further!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom