Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendel

Banned
You can't just expect people to buy you things. You've got to earn it.

Which, knowing the perverts that stalk these parts, will probably involve n00dz of some kind.

Can't pay the cash, you pay with your ass.

Also Q I myself have wondered where all these interviews and statements are that say it is open for interpretation etc.

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
I also don't get why when things are stated in their favor it's fact, but if it's not in their favor it's the interpretation deal.

Isabella

Your Mom
I thought his "I'm not going to say what Cloud's like" quote was about Cloud as a whole, not about his love life. Why does every quote with the word "cloud" in it end up being about the LT?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I thought his "I'm not going to say what Cloud's like" quote was about Cloud as a whole, not about his love life. Why does every quote with the word "cloud" in it end up being about the LT?

Do you know what quote they're talking about? Cause I don't even know but I heard it was "I won't choose for Cloud."

Last edited:

Isabella

Your Mom
No, I don't have it or know where it's from. I just remember reading a quote that went something like, "I'm not going to say Cloud is like this, because I want the players to decide who they think he is," or something like that.

Vendel

Banned

In the same way that any mention of Cloud and Aerith in anyway is "clerith". Or even them just being in the general vicinity of each other.

Also in the same way nothing with Cloud and Tifa is "CloTi".

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Nomura sneezes and people shout "OMG IT'S CLERITH!" or "IT'S CLOTI"! so I know what you're saying but I'd just like to know what quote they're talking about or where it's from since I know it'll come up.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
No, I don't have it or know where it's from. I just remember reading a quote that went something like, "I'm not going to say Cloud is like this, because I want the players to decide who they think he is," or something like that.

I remember this. From what I remember it had nothing to do with the LTD.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It's this one:
Kingdom Hearts Ultimania said:
-"Okay then, so the person who Cloud is searching for is Aeris, right?"
Nomura: "Well, what do you think? If indeed it was Aeris, then the bit in the
ending was the answer. You might say it was made so that you can take it that
way. Cloud is a popular character, and I don't really want to decide myself,
yes he is like this. Because players make strong conclusions by themselves, I
want to leave room for everyone's line of thought."

Seriously, people, what did I write that FAQ for if ya'll never use it? =(

In any event, as you can see there, it wasn't related to the LTD, and it wasn't even about a plot FFVII's Cloud was involved in.

While KH could certainly be used as commentary on FFVII, that scenario clearly isn't, nor does FFVII even offer a parallel to the idea of Cloud searching for a living Aerith. For that matter, it's every bit as absurd to use this interview -- some six years old -- as proof that Nomura would never allow Cloud to fuck anyone but Aerith's ghost (like he's the only one with say in the matter to begin with, right?) as it is to use an interview that came prior to Advent Children as proof that Nomura had no idea -- and continues to have no idea to this day, regardless of what transpired in the time between then and now -- whether Cloud and Tifa had been romantically involved in the two years between the original game and AC.

Last edited:

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
I, personally, lol'd and adore it.
stfu gaiz

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
Hä? Even I posted this a few days ago.

An Example about Nomura:

Kingdom Hearts Ultimania Guide said:
Question: Okay then, so the person who Cloud is searching for is Aeris, right?
Nomura: Well, what do you think? If indeed it was Aeris, then the bit in the ending was the answer. You might say it was made so that you can take it that way. Cloud is a popular character, and I don't really want to decide myself, yes he is like this. Because players make strong conclusions by themselves, I want to leave room for everyone's line of thought.
That was one of the things Cleriths used as evidence.
Just look at the bold part. He says confusing things on purpose!

Here is my version/interpretation:
Question: Okay then, so the person who Cloud is searching for is Aeris, right?
Nomura: Well, if you put your pink sunglasses on, then you will be able to interpret every occasion where Aerith is seen near Cloud as Clerith proof. Cloud is a hot guy and I can`t blame them for getting wet, yes they are like this. Because certain fans are able to incredibly delude themselves along with other reasons (cash), I don`t want to destroy their Pink fantasy.
This Interview neither confirms that Cloud is searching for Aerith nor that Nomura has no idea.
I even questioned this when I first saw this on clerith.com. And this was when I still knew almost nothing about the LTD.

He only says, you can see/interpret it that way if you want. For me, it`s almost the same like the angel statue in AC.

Vendel

Banned
The thing is, we know he was searching for Sephy. So that quote doesn't apply post KH:FM.

The same would go for any mythological quote about Cloud's love life made years ago.

Son Goku

It's my stomach, I'm hungry.
AKA
mugennagama
The thing is, we know he was searching for Sephy. So that quote doesn't apply post KH:FM.

The same would go for any mythological quote about Cloud's love life made years ago.
I agree. But I think it was never a confirmation of anything.

He also confirmed the angel statue has a (one) huge meaning.
And still
Nomura said:
But, even if someone who have watched it interprets it differently then that is just another answer.
There`s canon but feel free to make a fanon...

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Yeah but that quote isn't "I won't choose either girl for Cloud" which is what i was told it said :monster:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
I didn't miss that, but I just wanted to be sure because i heard about one where Nomura said he wouldn't choose for Cloud or something. I was never able to find it though.

Besides I asked you all once if Zack ever flirted with anyone after he met Aerith and was met with a resounding "no" only to find out he semi flirted with one of the female turks. :awesome:

I'm STILL not quite sure that comes after he starts dating Aerith, but that's more to do with being unsure where in BC that incident occurs. And it's hardly as damning as people want to make it out to be.

Yeah but that quote isn't "I won't choose either girl for Cloud" which is what i was told it said :monster:

If you were TOLD that's what it said, then YOU TELL THEM to find the fucking quote.
THEY have the fucking onus, Quex. ENFORCE IT UPON THEM.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
If you were TOLD that's what it said, then YOU TELL THEM to find the fucking quote.
THEY have the fucking onus, Quex. ENFORCE IT UPON THEM.
First off, no one said that's what he said. I was just told he said it several times. I told them to pony up the quotes.

This is what happened so far:

I don't recall them off the top of my head but I'll see if I can grab quotes for you.
Thanks, just remember this is what you said:
Okay, so if you want to take everything they say at face value, there would be no LTD then. Nomura has stated several times throughout the years that he has no idea if Cloud and Tifa are in a relationship.
So what you need to provide me with is these "several" quotes that say just that. I don't want to see any "I let the players decide what Cloud is like." or "Players should make their own decisions." or "Well if you read this one way he COULD Be saying that." I want these several statements that say as clear as day "Idk if CxT are in a relationship." Not one, not two, but several.

And just FYI, if you do provide me with such I'm not going to argue or debate them or anything like that since it's not allowed. I just want to see that they exist.
So yes I did ask them to give me these quotes.

Second of all, anyone have the quote on Namine and Kairi? I'm being told that if Nomura didn't specifically say "Yeah I lied as not to spoil people." we can't assume that's why he did it.

Last edited:

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Besides I asked you all once if Zack ever flirted with anyone after he met Aerith and was met with a resounding "no" only to find out he semi flirted with one of the female turks.

What, I call BS on that. Resounding no my ass. >=I I always admitted to Zack being a ladies man, that's his character. During the events of CC though, he did NOT flirt with other girls. At least, if my memory is correct. Cissnei wanted in his pants, but all he ever focused on was Aerith. The time at the beach is the best scene to look at. Cissnei has a tone when she says "Talking to Aerith again?" Zack gets annoyed and asks if she's following him. Then he goes on to say that Aerith is one of a kind. I don't get how THAT is supposed to show that Zack is some dirty womanizer that some people think he is, or that he doesn't love Aerith because he compliments a female Turk saying that she's beautiful. So complimenting a woman = CHEATER? W t f.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
First off, no one said that's what he said.

... Quex.

I was just told he said it several times.

MEANS someone said 'that's what he said.'

I told them to pony up the quotes.

This is what happened so far:

So yes I did ask them to give me these quotes.

Good. Keep pressing them for them.

Second of all, anyone have the quote on Namine and Kairi? I'm being told that if Nomura didn't specifically say "Yeah I lied as not to spoil people." we can't assume that's why he did it.

... Firstly, yes, technically we've never heard WHY he lied, but he only seems to blatantly lie about things in promotional materials.
Secondly, how the fuck does it matter WHY he lied about this, when we have an open record of him openly lying about things before release that turned out to be categorically the case.

Well like only two people answered and they both said no :monster:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
... Firstly, yes, technically we've never heard WHY he lied, but he only seems to blatantly lie about things in promotional materials.
Secondly, how the fuck does it matter WHY he lied about this, when we have an open record of him openly lying about things before release that turned out to be categorically the case.
That's a good point actually XD

Good. Keep pressing them for them.
I don't think the topic will be alive much longer :monster:
I got the attention of all the mods so far, even Shroudy.

I didn't realize a topic explaining about Geostigma would be such a bad thing =/

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
I can't figure out how on this one though. Saying Geostigma caused the Negative Lifestream hurts CxA ... how?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom