• Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Well, what makes this one different is that it's the first to come right out and say that the confirmation of feelings didn't involve words. Even though "confirm that their feelings match" was telling enough before, and so was "feelings of desire" when that cropped up -- between "renai" ("romantic feelings") and "without using words" this really puts it beyond even humoring "debate."
geez don't you know tres? Renai actually means 'one sided stalker love from a freak like that big-boobed bimbo', and without using words means 'punching that bitch right in the mouth so she knows he thinks she's disgusting'.

And you call yourself a translator!

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Given that the accompanying screenshot in Cloud's profile in the FFVII U10 shows the date scene with Tifa, it's safe to say that the comment about him being oblivious applies only up to that point in time.

Especially since the same book contains in the story playback section one of the statements that Tifa and Cloud "disclose their mutual feelings for each other" (pg. 118).

By the way, guys, I've been doing more translations from the U20 Scenario:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/ffu20highwind.jpg
pg. 232; that box on the right said:
Deviation
2 versions of the conversation before the final battle

Prior to the final battle, the contents of the conversation between Cloud and Tifa can change depending on the degree of Tifa's affection. If the degree of affection is high, the contents of the two's conversation will involve deep subject matter and strong feelings for each other. As well, the sight of the two seen by their companions the next morning will lead to an embarassing scene for Tifa, and she blushes greatly.

While acknowledging the existence of another version of the scene, the story summary itself used the high affection version in its description of events ("And when Cloud and Tifa remain behind alone, in their final hours, they disclose that their feelings for each other match"), and even this blurb doesn't bother with describing the low affection version. :monster:

This, even while all four versions of the Gold Saucer date received description earlier in the story summary -- though even then, none receive more favor in the main paragraph's summary than any of the others, unlike the paragraph concerning the Highwind scene:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v132/Squall_of_Seed/ffu20datesummary.jpg

pg. 225 said:
Gold Saucer
The Keystone falls into Tseng's hands, and he heads for the Temple of the
Ancients
Cait Sith's true colors are revealed

After collecting information in various places on the key to opening the Temple of the Ancients, Cloud's team learns that it's in Dio's possession. After successfully gaining it from him at the Gold Saucer, the party spends the night at the hotel. That night, while Cloud is on a date with one of his companions, they witness Cait Sith passing the Keystone to Tseng. He has been a Shin-Ra spy. Marlene is taken hostage; hereafter, though, Cait Sith's behavior with the party doesn't change; they chase after Shin-Ra, heading for the Temple of the Ancients.

'...So, you have to do as I say.'

[Screenshot caption of Aerith's date]
During the date, Aerith voices her feelings for Cloud.

Deviation
Who is the date companion?
Cloud's companion for the date is determined by your choices in the progress of the story. Whichever character amongst Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie and Barret has the highest value in the "affection rating" will be the one to invite Cloud out for the date; here are screenshots representing each. The course of each date is the same, but, as you can see, they each develop in their own way depending on the companion.

[Screenshot caption of Tifa's date]
Tifa tries to reveal her feelings to Cloud, but can't say it in the end.

[Screenshot caption of Yuffie's date]
Yuffie quietly moves over to Cloud and boldly kisses him on the cheek.

[Screenshot caption of Barret's date]
Barret arrives on his own at the idea that Cloud has his eye on Marlene.

Done somewhat hastily, as I was working on another translation (which Mako will be posting to the front page later tonight) at the same time, but I think it's fairly solid.

Last edited:

Fighter

Pro Adventurer
While acknowledging the existence of another version of the scene, the story summary itself used the high affection version in its description of events ("And when Cloud and Tifa remain behind alone, in their final hours, they disclose that their feelings for each other match"), and even this blurb doesn't bother with describing the low affection version.

The other version is described in the old Ultimania Omega, I think. I don't remember the exact wording but it's described as apathetic I believe. And that description doesn't match with the official timeline of events in 10th Ultimania for example, but the high affection version matches almost word for word.

Hence it's self explanatory which version is seen as canon.

Splintered

unsavory tart
TD, I love you so hard right now.
Here I was willing to give them that Aerith's date was probably canon, but this book has even stripped that away!
Don't be ridiculous. Did you see the picture they used for the AerithCloud date? It was enveloped in light. Pink light.

QED Cloti fuckers, weep in the majesty of my superior logic.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Oh guys we were wrong, Cloud and Aerith are the protagonists, not Cloud and Tifa... see? It's talking about CxA... we lost :(

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
Oh guys we were wrong, Cloud and Aerith are the protagonists, not Cloud and Tifa... see? It's talking about CxA... we lost :(

Wait, wait, what? They are really trying to pull this out of their asses now, aren't they? **gigglesnort** I salute your efforts, pinkers. :salute: March on.

Isabella

Your Mom

I ... I ... wut?

Two heroines. One more important to the overall plot (Aerith), the other more important to Cloud's personal arc (Tifa). It's not rocket science.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Makes sense, the black-wearing clingy bitchy tragic villainess obviously can't be a protagonist.

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
I ... I ... wut?

Two heroines. One more important to the overall plot (Aerith), the other more important to Cloud's personal arc (Tifa). It's not rocket science.

It's harder than rocket science--it's comprehension and acceptance. They apparently have neither skill... Sad, really. :(

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
Cloud can eat the corn out of my shit.

Barret... now there's a gunshow I'd buy two tickets to. :awesome:

Isabella

Your Mom
Tres' biased translations said:
As well, the sight of the two seen by their companions the next morning will lead to an embarassing scene for Tifa, and she blushes greatly.
Just caught this. Confirmation that their friends weren't, like, OMG totally watching them do it!, but saw them sleeping on each other the next morning and did the math. Tifa's embarrassment says more about her than about what they actually saw, as we've all been saying.

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
So I read the entire thread after I went to bed last night and I feel like I ran a fucking marathon.

What happened to the "This calls for LESBIANS" celebration, I ask? This is unacceptable.

But no, seriously, WTF is up with TNC? I'm so glad I never got mixed up in there. I don't see drama bigger than that unless I flick the TV onto the Soap station by mistake.

If non-biased-non-fan-translations are so fucking important to them, one of them should shell out the cash to have a professional do it. o wait, they have LIVES~! I forgot about that.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
If non-biased-non-fan-translations are so fucking important to them, one of them should shell out the cash to have a professional do it. o wait, they have LIVES~! I forgot about that.
I thought that already happened for the 10th Anniversary Ultimania.

Didn't turn out so well, if I remember rightly.

Fighter

Pro Adventurer

Someone pull out the "lets kill Aerith and replace her with Tifa" quote.

:D

Been there done that.

Last edited:

crack

Donator
They don't have enough time to copy and paste their fully documented reports either.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So, thoughtcrime is being enforced by the other side.
And when the other side is literally on what is their propaganda piece neutral forum, you know how absolutely desperately they are shitting themselves.

I could not have hoped for a better response without heads spontaneously exploding.

Also
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h...taerith/couples/TifaxAerith/tifaaeriscute.jpg

This makes me think of YUA. Kudos for that additional hilarious image.

http://destinyfailed.blogspot.com/2010/01/of-love-and-lust_23.html

In addition to their statements, 2005 comes BEFORE 2008, Anastar.

Last edited:

Fairheartstrife

[no fucks given]
AKA
FHS, that cloti bitch
"Yeah, he fucked her. Doesn't mean he loved her."
"But it says they confirmed their mutual feelings."
"Of horniness. Nothing more."
"ooookay...but, uhm, isn't he rejecting her in that scene?"
".... Yes. See, he's rejecting her love, not her ass. Have you seen Tifa's tits. Of course he wants to screw her. She's such a slut."
"I'm...not following... So, Tifa's breasts null true love? Like magic materia? Isn't he mourning the loss of Aerith? Isn't he supposed to be eternally faithful to her? Unlike Zack, who...uhm...died trying to get to her?"
"Zack, what a douche. He asked a chick out to dinner, the whoring bastard."
"Wasn't that before he met Aerith...?"
"Doesn't matter. Zack was a womanizing asshole who was only after sex."
"And Cloud is...?"
"Cloud's a man, so of course he's gonna want sex. It has nothing to do with Tifa or love. At all. He only ever LOVES Aerith."
"Whom he never touches...or speaks to of that emotion. Ever."
"Right."
"But he has sex with Tifa..."
"Once. After he rejects her."
"Okay. Got it."

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
So, according to that side of the tracks, if Cloud just uses Tifa and throws her away while still loving Aerith, the flower lady has won.

This is the same group who -- until the CC Ultimania outright declared that he went back to live at 7th Heaven after AC/C -- expected Cloud to go back to living in Aerith's church despite his promise to Denzel to return home.

My question: If things actually happened like this, then what the fuck has Aerith won? Douchebag of the fucking decade or some shit. Goddamn.

I feel so unloved.

I just can't do the things you do.

You do it for me every day. :awesome:

Last edited:

Loxetta

Pro Adventurer
It's times like this that I really just want to hug Cloud and make him Zack-shaped cookies. This fandom really abuses him to the point where it goes beyond funny.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
"But he has sex with Tifa..."
"Once. After he rejects her."
"Okay. Got it."

lmaow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom