Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
What lulz? He's an obvious troll. The only lulz here is you guys responding to him.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
Which is more canon: The Star Wars Films, or a comic book adaptation? Both are official sources, but I shouldn't have to seek out one to understand the other.
I'm sorry what? I was too busy looking for pictures of girls I can never have in real life to post~

FFS you idiots, lonewolf is a troll. Can you really not see that?
That's not a troll.

troll.jpg

crack

Donator
Which is more canon: The Star Wars Films, or a comic book adaptation? Both are official sources, but I shouldn't have to seek out one to understand the other.
That's completely different from what you're trying to compare. The Ultimanias are basically an in-depth guide to the characters and plot. A comic book adaptation of Star Wars is basically following what the movie has, meaning it has nothing 'new' that you wouldn't be able to learn from the original Star Wars films. It's like watching a movie about baby Jesus but learning a bit extra from the Bible.

How come at the end of the game, he had the so-called girl of his dreams in his arms, and he spoke of Aerith? He could have said anything, but he spoke of Aerith, and being with her.
Yeah, and years later they meet again. How romantic.

Defensive much? If you guys are convinced completely, you wouldn't care what others think.
It's not being defensive, it's pitying the other side.

What lulz? He's an obvious troll. The only lulz here is you guys responding to him.
This is not a troll. A troll is much worse. Nor are they amusing.

Last edited:

shenron118

Lurk mode: ON
Maybe you'd all like to get back to posting pictures of girls you'll never get in real life?
I'd just like to set the record straight:

Of course none of us (straight ladies or otherwise) would get Fang, Vanille, Tifa, or Aerith. They're too busy being lesbians with each other. We've proved this much with pages of spam fan art. :monster:

Lonewolf

Rookie Adventurer
That's completely different from what you're trying to compare.
All I'm saying is that I don't think you need the Coles' Notes to understand the context of a video game.

Go play Sonic the Hedgehog. Run Jump Spin is a plot you'll understand better.

crack

Donator
All I'm saying is that I don't think you need the Coles' Notes to understand the context of a video game.
Understanding the context of a video game should be simple, but once people start throwing in their own interpretations, that's when you need more support to prove your point. You know, like when people talk about how a ribbon Aerith got from another guy is a symbol of Cloud and Aerith's true love?

Lonewolf

Rookie Adventurer
Understanding the context of a video game should be simple, but once people start throwing in their own interpretations, that's when you need more support to prove your point. You know, like when people talk about how a ribbon Aerith got from another guy is a symbol of Cloud and Aerith's true love?

I would hope that the authors of any work think to respect their audience enough to draw sufficient conclusions without having a coloring book or speller tell them what they should already know.

And, it wasn't revealed to the audience that Aerith's ribbon was given to her by Zack until Crisis Core. Do you really believe Cloud is wearing the ribbon on AC on behalf of Zack? I mean, really?

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
He will be our new god... Ryu has been dethroned.

And, it wasn't revealed to the audience that Aerith's ribbon was given to her by Zack until Crisis Core. Do you really believe Cloud is wearing the ribbon on AC on behalf of Zack? I mean, really?
OMFG SOMEONE GET MEI IN HERE CLACK PROOF!

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Since I personally believe everyone should love Zack, I support this pairing. ZacAVA is my new pairing.

crack

Donator
I would hope that the authors of any work think to respect their audience enough to draw sufficient conclusions without having a coloring book or speller tell them what they should already know.

Agreed, and that's why we have the Ultimanias for the people who can't.

When did I say that Cloud was wearing the ribbon on behalf of Zack? Just because he ties a pink ribbon around his arm doesn't mean anything, you do realize that the rest of AVALANCHE are wearing the exact same ribbon? Unless, you're implying that Aerith had some kinky affair with everyone in AVALANCHE, including the fictional female characters we post pictures of and could never have in real life.

Splintered

unsavory tart
No, it means his urge to have hot, steamy relations with her.

Consequently, all the team also wore ribbons. Which means I can only deduce that the group engaged in ritual orgies along the way.

This.

Is the most awesome game. Ever.

Right after Rockband:Final Fantasy.

null

Mr. Thou
AKA
null
We've got a thing for that.

:jokerclap:

Don't talk like one of them. You're not. Even if you'd like to be. To FFG, you're just a freak, like us. They need your translations right now...

But when they don't... they'll cast you out. Like a leper!

You see, their logic, their arguments, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as consistent as the LTD allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized posters... they'll eat each other.

See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Not near as much liberties as this thread has taken from a few throw-away lines that were just translated.

And a mountain of evidence we've had for twelve years.

That blog isn't about attacking the arguments, it's about taking things out of context and making people look foolish.

FORGET THE BLOG. I am calling her out to debate on an actual neutral forum is she has the spine. TELL HER THAT.

C/T Victory? Maybe you'd all like to get back to posting pictures of girls you'll never get in real life?

That took, what, three posts to go from telling people not to make them to making them? Fast acting hypocrisy.

If you want to debate, debate. If you want to post fanfictionalized ideals, at least be honest about it.

I WANT TO DEBATE. TELL THE COWARD THAT.

Some of us depend on the actual game to make our decisions, thanks.

Yes, we do. Why don't you?

I don't see why she'd want to, when she's being stalked across the internet.

How the fuck is she being stalked across the internet?
And if she is, aren't you doing it to?
But fuck here, let's go somewhere totally neutral.

BOTH are canon, and you cannot ignore the latter where it does not contradict the former. But you see, Loneyponey, the Ultimanias are like the Special Editions as opposed to the original. Even if you don't goddamn like Greedo shooting first, that's what counts now.

How come at the end of the game, he had the so-called girl of his dreams in his arms, and he spoke of Aerith? He could have said anything, but he spoke of Aerith, and being with her.

Because they MIGHT DIE in five minutes. And it was TIFA, not Cloud, who spoke of being with her. Cloud told her about it. Tifa said they should go meet her. AERTI FTW!

Defensive much? If you guys are convinced completely, you wouldn't care what others think.

This is a stupid and ludicrous argument that wasn't any more convincing the last time a religious fundamentalist tried it. Even if we're sure, we don't want people spreading utter bullshit like it's facts, chucklemonkey.

But then again, you know as well as I do that the hardline pinkers know they already lost.

Lonewolf

Rookie Adventurer
Agreed, and that's why we have the Ultimanias for the people who can't.

I still think that instead of a book, if they wanted to show that Cloud is absolutely in love with Tifa, maybe they'd have an intimate moment in the hour-long movie.

When did I say that Cloud was wearing the ribbon on behalf of Zack? Just because he ties a pink ribbon around his arm doesn't mean anything, you do realize that the rest of AVALANCHE are wearing the exact same ribbon? Unless, you're implying that Aerith had some kinky affair with everyone in AVALANCHE, including the fictional female characters we post pictures of and could never have in real life.

"Maiden" of the Planet has implies certain things.

Cloud and Aerith have a bond different than he had with any other team member - the closest one I can think of would be Squall as Rinoa's protector knight. I'm sure Rinoa wearing his ring had significance based on who she was. The significance is not only that everyone wore the ribbon, but Cloud tried to keep it hidden. Why would he need to do that, if Aerith is just another comerade?

EDIT
FORGET THE BLOG. I am calling her out to debate on an actual neutral forum is she has the spine. TELL HER THAT.

...first, when was I deemed your messenger boy?
Second, why do you want to debate her so much?

EDIT EDIT:
For a guy who writes a lot, mind your grammar.
And if she is, aren't you doing it to?
And if she is, aren't you doing it too?

I joined this forum quite a while ago, and I don't like to see bullies picking on anyone.

Last edited:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
BTW, reposted from the censorship forum, in response to Quex's comments there.

Let's see, some of you said they were just blowing smoke. Some of you said it can't be true because CoL was about Sephiroth. Some of you said it was just fan interpretation. Not once did I see, "Well it wouldn't really matter because of x."

Who did, Quex? Who said this? Who didn't say 'Well it didn't matter'

The way the argument changed from some of you to "Well it's just Aerith's PoV so it's one sided" to "It's saying Cloud's a symbol" and "It's past tense" I'm going to guess some of you were, at the very least annoyed.

You DO realize the 'symbol' argument was just made in response to two absurd clerith arguments right? That was me saying 'If you want to play absurd, then let us play that game'
Similarly, the 'It says past tense' was AGAIN only a response to it being said 'Well it says he IS so...'
And the entire goddamn OTWTAS books are only the goddamn perspective of the people they focus on. That still hasn't changed. So, yes, it really doesn't matter. Why? Because it's one person's perspective in universe, and not someone who speaks for the person that matters.

Face it, a word that you once claimed victory to, FUCKED YOU IN THE ASS

No. It didn't. It didn't even get the goddamn pants down. Do you know what Aerith using Koibito did to the C/T side? Gave us NOISE. It changed NO arguments, adjusted NO interpretations of Cloud's feelings. ALL it gave us was more bull to wade through.
And before ANYONE says it, WE DID NOT FLIP FLOP ON IT. The fact of the matter is we were pointing out 'beloved' long before COL. Zee even joked about such at CxA back in the day.

Hell, Koibito wasn't even the 'we win' button. It was the sprinkles. The sprikles on the quote icing. The quote icing on the evidence cake. With the Canon ice cream filling.
This last quote? It's cherries alongside the sprinkles.
Koibito HAS NEVER BEEN the sole basis of the C/T argument. It is the capstone, not the cornerstone, to the argument.
Once again, I make a copy elsewhere, just in case.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I still think that instead of a book, if they wanted to show that Cloud is absolutely in love with Aerith, maybe they'd have an intimate moment in the hour-long movie.
the road, it goes both ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom