Votes: 96 88.9%
  • Dead

Votes: 12 11.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Besides, a Mako by any other name, is just as sweet, right? :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
image.php

Eerie

Fire and Blood
I'm also lost. I thank the "AKA" category for existing T______T I'd be so lost without it :monster:

And FHS, yes, I'm half japanese. Too bad I had to drop my japanese lessons during high school, I was doing great [too much work is bleh]. Now it's all so far away, I can't even remember how to spell my name in kanji :monster:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I always thought Maleficent was the sex, so I think that's an appropriate avatar for you Isabella :monster:

Vendel

Banned
So I guess SE would never resolve the love triangle without a full chapter on it in an ultimania.

NO! It can only be solved by an interview with all the creators. And they need to give us warning first. NO! It can only be solved in a game or some other media. GAH! We don't know where to move the goalpost!

Am I the only one who thinks the subject isn't anywhere near as big a deal to SE as some fans think it is?

Well when some fans have to completely re-imagine scenes, ignore others, plus butcher the characters personalities to make their perfect pink romance work? Then yeah this is a much bigger deal to them than anyone else.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
I'm thinking of changing my name to Malik Ishtar.

Lol. Well you have to wait three weeks for a name change. :awesome: Or is it two? O.o;

I doubt SE is focused on it, it's been over ten years.

For some reason this reminds me of Itadaki Street. Why are some people trying to force romance into that game? :facepalm:

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
So I guess SE would never resolve the love triangle without a full chapter on it in an ultimania.

Am I the only one who thinks the subject isn't anywhere near as big a deal to SE as some fans think it is?

It's not a big deal to them at all. And honestly, I doubt they give a shit about alienating people with Love Triangle confirmation like some people think.

I think they told a story, and wanted to tell more story. It's got rouch patches, but what extended continuity doesn't?

crack

Donator
Lol. Well you have to wait three weeks for a name change. :awesome: Or is it two? O.o;
I might as well post as many Aki pictures as possible during that time. :awesome:

For some reason this reminds me of Itadaki Street. Why are some people trying to force romance into that game?
I don't think it's necessarily romance that people try to get from the game, just a matter of who Cloud hates more. :awesome:

It's obviously a statement from Square Enix that they're anti-Cloti when Tifa duels Cloud. Why would SE think of two fighters dueling each other when they're lovers!?!?!

Vendel

Banned
185-198*

That is the number of comments from Tres LTD FAQ compared to these new updates. Congratulations folks. I never thought anything would top that FAQ.

*combined from the two love page updates.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Why would SE think of two fighters dueling each other when they're lovers!?!?!

Yeah, it's not like two video game/Anime/Manga characters have ever done that before! :awesome: Do you think some Cleriths are just saying that on purpose to piss Clotis off? Because I really cannot understand how someone doesn't understand the concept of that type of game.

Death Sin

Memento mori
AKA
Just DS is fine
Yeah, it's not like two video game/Anime/Manga characters have ever done that before! :awesome: Do you think some Cleriths are just saying that on purpose to piss Clotis off? Because I really cannot understand how someone doesn't understand the concept of that type of game.

That's even more visible in fighting games, for example. In fact, putting couples against each other isn't even something that several other companies and videogames haven't done before Square... Just look at the Snes Ranma fighting games for example (where you can have Ranma fight Akane), the countless Dragonball Z games (Krillin vs A18 or Gohan vs Videl) and several others... Yep, that truly means all of those couples hate each other's guts...errr... not.

Seriously, resorting to find some sort of sublimal, deep meaning in these installments just shows how desperate some people can get when trying to prove their points and keep deluding themselves. It simply doesn't get them anywhere, IMHO...

Seriously, resorting to find some sort of sublimal, deep meaning in these installments just shows how desperate some people can get when trying to prove their points and keep deluding themselves. It simply doesn't get them anywhere, IMHO...

You mean like saying "Cloud hates Tifa because he beats the hell out of her in that one game! But theirs a thing called Great gospel! That means Clouds =forever= tied to Aerith"

If they think fighting nullifies romance, how sad they truly are. Even in real life, sometimes some healthy sparring isn't that bad.

Not to mention... I only recall Cloud 'beating the living shit' out of one FF7 heroine during the course of FF7... Which one was that...? At the temple of the Ancients? Man it's on the tip of my tongue.

Oh well.

Lily Ella

Pro Adventurer
Not to mention... I only recall Cloud 'beating the living shit' out of one FF7 heroine during the course of FF7... Which one was that...? At the temple of the Ancients? Man it's on the tip of my tongue.
Oh, snap.

You know that you're not the only one.

Some people are all "SE will never end the LT, because they'd lose too many fans!" Say, whaaaaaaaaa? If people suddenly hated the game just because their ~pairing~ didn't win the LT, then they were never a fan of the game.
/omg elitist

+ full chapter wouldn't be enough. There also needs to be a press conference... and Nomura & co have to sign some kind of document/declaration. In blood.

Last edited:

Death Sin

Memento mori
AKA
Just DS is fine

Well, in his defense Cloud was under Sephy's influence back then, so we can cut him some slack there. :) Still, its possible this was yet another of those deep, symbolic meanings that Square left for us to (over) analyse, people... We just have to believe and it's gonna be there!! :monster: <j/k>

Well, in his defense Cloud was under Sephy's influence back then, so we can cut him some slack there. :) Still, its possible this was yet another of those deep, symbolic meanings that Square left for us to (over) analyse, people... We just have to believe and it's gonna be there!!

Well of course theres a logical explanation for it, but who cares about THAT!? That doesnt matter as much as fan-insertion and Wapanese fan twisted animu-Drama cliches!

Seriously.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Didn't know there was a word count requirement for definitive answers in a debate. :monster:

Guess proofz that prove Cloti, that are less than 500 words, are effectively null and void. DAMN!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
That's even more visible in fighting games, for example. In fact, putting couples against each other isn't even something that several other companies and videogames haven't done before Square... Just look at the Snes Ranma fighting games for example (where you can have Ranma fight Akane), the countless Dragonball Z games (Krillin vs A18 or Gohan vs Videl) and several others... Yep, that truly means all of those couples hate each other's guts...errr... not.

You left out a few notable ones.
Andy and Mai
Killik and Xianghua
Hyuang and Seong Mina
Inu-Yasha and Kagome
I can go on and on and on and on of Fighting couples who 'fight' in their games. A number do it as part of the canon, and not just in 2p.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Shit you guys I was about to post and say "I have my first Clerii" but not a minute after she posts you're all there replying XD
Don't scare her away now :monster:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom