Man of Steel / Justice League / DC films

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Unfortunately, this happens just about anywhere that wants to use scientific terms, but wants it to be accessible at all levels. If you think it's bad in a film, wait until you see a science documentary that has to reiterate that singularity = black hole every ten minutes or so, presumably so that if anyone starts watching half an hour into the program, they can follow what's going on. Or they think that people have that low of an attention span. Or worse, that most people do.

Yeah, but documentaries aren't solely made for the purpose of entertainment (and thus tend to be dry and boring anyway :monster:)

I just noticed it in Man of Steel because it's never the scientist who paraphrases his own mumbo jumbo, it's some random military spook next to him who does all the summary. Again, I don't think it's a huge deal, but it's there.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
@the "should have ended" clip: The Phantom Drive on their craft wasn't activated until they began their attack, so no u.

X :neo:

Lex

Administrator
The Cinemas in Glasgow are no longer showing Man of Steel and I'm not watching a shitty recorded version so I'm going to have to wait until the DVD is out.

FFS movie companies, you moan at us not to pirate then pull shit like this.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The Cinemas in Glasgow are no longer showing Man of Steel and I'm not watching a shitty recorded version so I'm going to have to wait until the DVD is out.

Don't you guys have the equivalent of dollar cinemas that get movies between the main release and the DVD release?

Lex

Administrator
I've never heard of that, that's a great idea (so no, no we don't. I think that's probably an American thing). Such a thing may exist in London but I'm afraid a ten and a half hour trip to pickpocket central is a little bit too much to see a movie :monster:

We do have Sky Box Office, which is like a pay-per-view on-demand TV service, but it usually releases random movies shortly before their DVD release, so there's not much point.

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer

I'm having the same problem with Pacific Rim. It was shown locally for all of two weeks before being dropped... and the two weeks in question were when I was ill. -_-

Lex

Administrator
I went to the Cineworld site (it's the only cinema I would go to see it in) of which there are 3 in Glasgow. There's the huge one in the city centre that always keeps movies longer than normal cinemas because it's the largest cinema in Europe.

When I chose "Man of Steel" the only two Cineworld cinemas that were showing it are in London.

So in the short time since last night I grabbed a coach to London, watched it, then came home (thoses trains were just right at the time I needed them).

I really liked the movie! Had my typical hnng moments at various points in the film (he looks better with facial hair I don't care what anyone says) but also there was a lot of fun action and I found the CGI to be top notch. Not a huge fan of the Lois they picked, but overall I prefer the more serious approach of this movie. And I'll definitely watch it again when it comes out on DVD.

Also man, they picked one ugly Zod. I mean seriously. The Zod in Smallville made me all tingly (more due to mannerisms and KNEEL speeches) but this guy was a great villain.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Im a big fan of Affleck, and I know he's got a soft spot for superman... but im really not sure he's right for batman.

I trust their casting ability though. Im sure they saw something in his auditions that fit their vision.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Batman.png

I can see it.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
This is a good chance for him, ever since his rep rose after the dogshitfest. Please dont cock it up Ben! I have faith that the gods have placed you on a right path and this is the best birthday news for me ever!!!

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I've never been impressed by his acting before. And didn't he say that he would never be a super hero again after Daredevil?

That was also back in a time when very few superhero movies were actually good and got the script treatments they deserved.

Now that hollywood is taking them a bit more seriously and getting the tones right I bet its pretty hard to pass up on being in one. Especially after how well Nolans Batman and MoS have done.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I can definitely see Afleck playing a wonderful Bruce Wayne, just look at some of his characters from the View Askewniverse and pretend that had lots and lots of money and a kickass butler. It's BATMAN I wonder about him pulling off. We'll have to see, Afleck can definitely act but its hit and miss if he actually bothers.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Well this one makes me very excited, he's a fantastic actor and I think he can kill it as Lex Luthor.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
If you wanna get technical, Jon Hamm is good as a younger Lex Luthor rather than Batman.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Welp, everyone online is convinced Bryan Cranston is infact Lex Luthor instead of Mark Strong. I actually am pleased with this development. Cavill vs. Cranston! Can Science beat Alien!?

Top Bottom