• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Man of Steel / Justice League / DC films

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
New Steppenwolf design.

c1d4828b-06fc-4d99-9d61-bf41dea025b0_c1246x1246.jpg

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
It's a good thing I stopped caring about DC superheroes about, what? Five movies ago, I think?

It was good when suddenly went from niche, movies-for-kids kind of campy flicks to srs bsns, but... I don't know, I think they are trying too hard sometimes, especially with Joker. Goodness, if in the last but one twitter post he doesn't look like the cover of an early 2000 emo band.

I will set you free

Rookie Adventurer
Man of steel was a success, Justice league is like a planet with a bunch of craters that were filled with candy and hot sauce and the one character i really want a movie for was made but it wasn't "good" as it should be; that's being green lantern however i will say at least it's something to see for the character to be but it's not a landmark to go back and watch either. Waiting on the corps film seems like an eternity. I'd also like a poison ivy film granted batman and robin has it but.... "when i told lady freeze when i pulled her plug---this is a one woman show" has major comedy malfunctions attached to the film.

I loved Shazaam, I am excited to see Black Adam, I enjoyed the heck out of Aquaman to be honest and there are some really good films as well such as suicide squad (well because i am big fan of will smith as deadshot) but man DC can't catch a break with being looked at (in comparison to Marvel) as the lazy brother who vacuumed the kitchen sink instead of the living room rug.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Man of steel was a success, Justice league is like a planet with a bunch of craters that were filled with candy and hot sauce and the one character i really want a movie for was made but it wasn't "good" as it should be; that's being green lantern however i will say at least it's something to see for the character to be but it's not a landmark to go back and watch either. Waiting on the corps film seems like an eternity. I'd also like a poison ivy film granted batman and robin has it but.... "when i told lady freeze when i pulled her plug---this is a one woman show" has major comedy malfunctions attached to the film.

I loved Shazaam, I am excited to see Black Adam, I enjoyed the heck out of Aquaman to be honest and there are some really good films as well such as suicide squad (well because i am big fan of will smith as deadshot) but man DC can't catch a break with being looked at (in comparison to Marvel) as the lazy brother who vacuumed the kitchen sink instead of the living room rug.

You can copy-paste what I wrote earlier and replace DC with Marvel, if you like. No irony here.

The thing is that I might have reached my saturation point, and I really stopped caring about superheroes a long time ago, with some issolated exceptions, and the same could be said for many other people.

Both Man of Steel and Aquaman were enjoyable (and I might have exaggerated with the "five movies" thing), but they have come after such a barrage of filled to the brim with SFX superhero movies that it feels like being offered an exquisitely made dessert after eating a week's worth of food in one sitting.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I mean after the first release of Justice League, there's literally nowhere else to go but up.

As much shit as I give this Snyder wet dream and as how generally fatigued I am with Superhero movies, I don't think it can be worst than the original Justice League. Like, it simply not being the Josh Whedon version makes it start from a better place. So there's hope. I unironically enjoyed Batman v. Superman and if he can make this as enjoyable or more, even with the university lecture length of time this film is, it'll succeed.

I will set you free

Rookie Adventurer
I mean after the first release of Justice League, there's literally nowhere else to go but up.

As much shit as I give this Snyder wet dream and as how generally fatigued I am with Superhero movies, I don't think it can be worst than the original Justice League. Like, it simply not being the Josh Whedon version makes it start from a better place. So there's hope. I unironically enjoyed Batman v. Superman and if he can make this as enjoyable or more, even with the university lecture length of time this film is, it'll succeed.

They should have waited to build up to it rather then what they chose to do; I know DC isn't marvel and they did it their way but marvel did it the right way "step by step" character introductions. Matter of fact because JL came out the way it did and how the solo films are the characters feel so out of place and the stories are all over the place when you see JL play and then watch the solo films BUT I would say that to a certain degree it's a big leap they'd have to take just to reach the atmosphere level of Marvel's "success tier".

I will set you free

Rookie Adventurer
I mean that's a fair criticism but nothing can really fix that. :monster:

However I think that's only scratching the surface of what's wrong with Whedon's Justice League. The build up being bad is but a small part of that disaster.

DC needs a few new tricks to find their strides into becoming more then what they can offer now. Shazaam was fantastic and I really don't
know much about Shazaam but it was great so that tells me that movie was done properly even to influence a casual on the character.

JL should have had darkseid unless the idea was to not include him but he's the biggest bad they needed him there...

Top Bottom