• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Man of Steel / Justice League / DC films

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
Honestly, it didn't much for me. Kinda indifferent.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Meme-worthy final line notwithstanding, this looks 1000x better than the Justice League we got before.

At the very least it's tonally consistent with the previous movies that came before it. It fucking matches.

Granted the bar was already low given what came before, but this definitely feels like the proper "coming together" of all the DC Snyder films here.

But let's be clear, this isn't the "Snyder Cut."

This is the "Snyder Remake." :monster:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
qg6fdhsowem61.jpg

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
Man of Steel made me like Superman.

Of course it's not perfect, but I thought it was great and much more original and emotinal than 90% of other super-hero movies.

Also its scored by Zimmer, which automatically puts it into unforgettable-tier.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I am all for this.

Holy shit. This is what I've been waiting for.

LMAO @ again calling this a "cut." They straight up remade this and then went above and beyond anything before.

Bring on Darkseid, baby. This is incredible. About fucking time.

Wol

AKA
Rosarian Shield
If it remains 74%, that's already a good result over 40% of Whedon's version. It's still is a Snyder movie though, the good and the bad, like I expected.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
75% is incredible for the type of film he made.

The fact is, there's going to be a contingent of viewers who are never going to like Snyder's style of superhero films because they're a reflection of him and his visual storytelling style. That's fair, not everyone's a fan.

But he still made a good and interesting film on it's own merits. Just because they aren't the derivative Disney variant of superhero flick churned out by Disney/Marvel doesn't mean there's no space or appreciation for such. I have grown tired of their style and it's basically completely subsumed the style of superhero film and pushed out any other variation.

I am glad to have the DC films being themselves and not chasing after Marvel's coattails. Let it be dark. Let it be stylistic and reflect itself. I don't need WB corporate trying to emulate what made Marvel successful.

Reactions: Wol
Top Bottom