Marvel's Agent Carter

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Watched episode 2. I EXTRA fucking love Jarvis. Peggy Carter is slowly growing on me.

X :neo:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
So
the girl that randomly joined the building is actually bad, shocking. Also Stan Lee cameo, that was funny.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I guess Black Widows really do start young. :monster:

Finally some Howling Commandos as well.

Dottie was really creepy when she broke into Peggy's apartment O.o

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
For a moment I was worried about the Russian dude who seemed like a decent guy getting shot.
I did not see that twist with Dottie sending messages coming. =P

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Damn, poor Chief.
I really loved the banter between Peggy and Jarvis in the episode, hilarious.

Much excite about the finale.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
One more to go.

marvel pls renew

Howard, why the fuck would you invent a vest with heating elements powerful enough to blow up?

Last edited:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
So, the finale connects to Cap 1 AMAZINGLY well, and I have high hopes that Season 2 will draw the same sorts of parallels to TWS and Carter & Stark building S.H.I.E.L.D.

Dat stinger scene doe.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Now we know what Whitehall meant when he talked about the Faustus technique.

What genius thought putting a Soviet spy with brainwashing abilities in the same cell with a high ranking member of HYDRA was a good idea?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X

4:00 - 5:04 really has all the things that interest me, and some little things that I'd actually missed, so yeah.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
That finale was excellent. I really hope they renew this show. I'm a bit worried because apparently the ratings weren't great :/

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That would be due to morons who don't want to watch an action series with a female protagonist.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Anyone slating it just because it has a female protagonist needs to grow up or gtfo, tbh. This is now the twenty-first century. I loved the show throughout, Carter and Jarvis (just wow, his actor is amazing since he played a completely different character in Broadchurch recently) being my major highlights.

Hayley Atwell said herself that she'd be up for doing more, as she mentioned Peggy being in Winter Soldier and there being a lot more to explore. We'll at least see her again in Age of Ultron, but I'd love to see more of this wonderful show.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
So there were only eight episodes, right? I just watched Valediction.

Oh man, I thought they were only planning one season and then done, but they really left it open. I hope there is a second season! This show got really good at the end!

The guy with the crutch is going to end up being Peggy's husband, right? :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
So there were only eight episodes, right? I just watched Valediction.
Yup, eight episodes.

Oh man, I thought they were only planning one season and then done, but they really left it open. I hope there is a second season! This show got really good at the end!
Agreed. :monster:

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
I want to like this show, (two episodes in), but it's so goddamned tropey. I was hoping for Peggy as head of the department or a high value agent for emergencies, but instead they're going for the stock aesop about being in a man's world. I know it's the 1940s, but hey, the Boss in MGS3 was in the Normandy Landings, you could make it happen if you wanted to.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I assume they were planning to have her in the leadership role in a future season. Unfortunately, since people are idiots and won't watch an action show with a female lead, that probably won't happen.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Her already starting in a high raking position wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense. The series takes place after WW2 with people readjusting to the world and trying to find their purpose.

I prefer they address the sexism of the era no matter if it has been done plenty of times before because that's what was happening at the time.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Her already starting in a high raking position wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense. The series takes place after WW2 with people readjusting to the world and trying to find their purpose.

I prefer they address the sexism of the era no matter if it has been done plenty of times before because that's what was happening at the time.

Top Bottom