Marvel's Agent Carter

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Added my support as well, and also mentioned that I'd like to resurrect Constantine, 'cause I really loved that show.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Aw yeah

hayleyatwellcute_zpsqetyzmrc.gif

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
ibbpHEPw0W1G8M.gif

People were raging because a lot of people don't watch the show because it has a female protagonist.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I for one, welcome this show back for a second season! I need to know who her husband is, how Winter Soldier was made, there's a fuck ton of things that still isn't answered before Tony escaped that cave in 2008.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
People were raging because a lot of people don't watch the show because it has a female protagonist.
This. There aren't enough likes to justify how true this is.

There's a lot to play around with, so it'll be interesting to see where they take the second season. If it's aired the same time next year, there'll be something to look forward to when S.H.I.E.L.D. isn't airing. I think it worked really well and I loved the gap it filled.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer

But how do you know that? There have been plenty of really successful shows that have had female protagonists. Xena, Buffy, Legend of Korra, Homeland, Charmed, Orphan Black, I'm sure you can think of more.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I tend to think of the people that bitch about that as being a VERY vocal minority -- like the Westboro Baptists.

X :neo:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
No, you misunderstood. People weren't being vocal about disliking a show with a female lead.

People not watching it for those reasons is an assumption that was made here in this thread which is a bit of a headscratcher to me.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Agreed. Its ratings aren't even much lower than "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

If anything, Marvel fatigue (less likely), the less unique status of "Agent Carter" (more likely) or the ever increasing numbers of people who don't want to feel tethered to watching something at a specific time (most likely) are the reason. I'm sure there's someone for whom "It has a female lead, so I'm not watching" holds true, but, historically, that person hasn't had much impact on the production of TV dramas.

Top Bottom