Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I'm with Tet and Satsu on this; these writers aren't stupid. I suspect that when we actually see the series Coulson's revival will seem a lot more sensible than it does when we're just judging from press releases and trailers. You can't really pull off something like that effectively with just a minimal amount of footage and some copy probably written by advertising execs.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Of course there is always the chance that executives forced the writers to make the most out of a shitty demand that they had to bring back Clark Gregg. :awesome:

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
^Even if so, that doesn't mean it'll be bad. Executive Meddling does turn out for the best sometimes.

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I'm too lazy to think of more than an example or two, despite just having read through pages and pages of that trope. But there are a number of examples of the creators making it work, albeit sometimes in a roundabout way. For instance, the executives demand a show about Batman as a highschool student. The creators give them what they want, just reminding us all that they never said Bruce Wayne in highschool, they said Batman. And thus we get Batman Beyond :awesome:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
"Agents of SHIELD is not an easter egg hunt"

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/jasonbournecbm/news/?a=80206

In a recent interview with IGN, Joss Whedon explains what Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D is going to be showcasing every week. IGN started the interview off with questions about the revived Agent Coulson:

IGN TV: Coulson’s back, but I’m assuming it won’t be that simple.

Joss Whedon: Not simple, you’re right.

IGN: So will we find out in the first episode, “this is why he’s back”, or will it be more us figuring it out as we go along?

Whedon: All I’ll say is, it ain’t a fanwank. It’s not one of those things we gloss over.

From there IGN then went on to talk about the mysterious character that J. August Richards will be portraying in the Pilot episode...

IGN: Your fellow executive produce, Jeffrey Bell, told me that J. August Richards’ character is not Luke Cage. Is it someone we’d be surprised by?

Whedon: You know, he’s just a guy. I mean, the whole point of this show is, they’re just guys. They’re not The Avengers, they’re not the fancy ones. They’re the people that got sort of hit in the blowback of this super-world. So he’s kind of an everyman. He appears to be a very fierce everyman!

This sounds like this is an all new character that Joss Whedon has created and is going to introduce to the MCU.

To end the interveiw IGN asked if the team that Coulson will be leading will be traveling the world and if we can expect any cameos and Easter egss for the series...

IGN: It looks like it’s going to be sort of a small splinter group of S.H.I.E.L.D. that Coulson is leading. Will they be traveling a lot week to week?

Whedon: Yeah, we really want to hit the idea that S.H.I.E.L.D. is a global organization, both in terms of what the show means and also just in terms of the visual palette of it. We want to be exciting and different every week. So yeah, they’ll be on the road a good deal.

IGN: Fans can’t resist asking, “What superheroes will show up from the comics?” I’ve seen you say you want to be careful though, to somewhat divvy that out and not load up the show with that sort of thing, right?

Whedon: It’s not what the show is about. The show is about the six people who are in the show. And {every} week we’ll meet somebody that they have to deal with. Some of those people will be very sympathetic, some of them will be evil, some will be from the Marvel canon, some will reference it -- but it’s not an Easter egg hunt.. It really is just about the lives of these people as they’re dealing with this super-world.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will air on Tuesdays at 8/7c on ABC this fall!

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Meet the writing team

Joss Whedon (The Avengers, Firefly, Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Jed Whedon (Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, Dollhouse)
Maurissa Tancharoen (Dr Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog, Dollhouse)
Jeff Bell (The Protector, Alias, Angel, The X-Files)
Paul Zbszewski (Hawaii Five-0, Lost)
Monica Breen (Revolution, Fringe, Lost, Alias)
Brent Fletcher (Spartacus: War of the Damned, Deception, Angel)
Lauren LeFranc (Hemlock Grove, Chuck)
Rafe Judkins (Hemlock Grove, Chuck)
Shalisha Francis (Castle)

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Every time some new info comes about the series I get even more excited about it.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
5 things EW learned about Agents of SHIELD:

1. The pilot hints at how mild-mannered kick-ass bureaucrat Agent Coulson (Clarke Gregg) was resurrected to lead the team after being killed off in The Avengers (his S.H.I.E.L.D. colleagues say he must “never know the truth” about his death). Yet you’ll have to keep watching to learn the full story. “We can’t wait to pull the curtain back on that,” says co-creator Jed Whedon. “[But] we’re going to take our time.”

2. The S.H.I.E.L.D. story will work in tandem with the Marvel films, both past and upcoming. In fact, the first episode will pick up a storyline that’s familiar from one of the Marvel hits — and it’s not The Avengers. “We plan on trying to weave in between the films and try to make them more rewarding on both ends,” says Jed Whedon, who points out the trick is to make the audience not ask a certain fanboy-bar-fight-style question: “In any of these [episodes], you can always ask: ‘Why don’t they just call Iron Man?’” Yeah, that would be annoying! So our next question is: Why don’t they just call Iron Man? “They are aware of each other,” Whedon says of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team and the metal-suited Malibu playboy, “but they do have to have their own lives.”

3. Here’s a question from the Internets that will be addressed in the pilot: Does J. August Richards play Rage? Expect that and other revelations at the Comic-Con panel, just not a ton of them. “We’ll finally be able to answer some questions,” says co-creator Maurissa Tancharoen. “Though I’m sure we’ll have to stay on the vague end of the spectrum.”

4. Which leads us to wonder: The panel is from 1:45 to 3 p.m. on Friday. Hard to imagine the Q&A going on that long — how many ways can Whedon say, “I can’t tell you that. Stop asking!” So expect some video to fill the time. Perhaps even … the pilot itself? Announced guests currently include Joss Whedon, Marvel’s head of TV Jeph Loeb and “more guests” (presumably writers and a few cast members). And speaking of the pilot…

5. S.H.I.E.L.D. won’t look like a $200 million dollar Marvel movie, but it won’t look like the infamous boat scene in Ringer, either. “When fans see this pilot, they’ll be pretty astonished by what we pulled off and the challenge is to do it every week,” Loeb says. “The magic of television is that it’s about characters, and fortunately that’s also what Marvel is also about. We’re not built around a cape and a cowl.” Oh if this blog were a comic book, you’d see a “SMACK!” on the page right now.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
After reading that guess who's even more excited about the series, oh yeah that would be me.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
It just feels that a few new shows, especially this one, makes me the most excited for any fall season.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Bear McCreary? Level of excitement has gone up again. At this rate I'll suffer death by excitement before the series even starts.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
That's 4 days after my birthday, awesome birthday present that's going to be.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
tumblr_mq7eav2ELk1r4dsjko1_400.jpg

Top Bottom