• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Member Spotlight #2: Ask Keveh Kins anything

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Here's a question for Kevin: when you look up at the starry skies on a quiet night, what thoughts go through your mind?

At the moment, in Dublin, I mostly think how it would be nice to be able to see the stars over all the streetlights =/ Little things like that irk me about city life, I'm a country boy at heart.

But when I can see the stars I tend to let my mind wander where it pleases. I have the usual dreamy existential thoughts too. In its own way it's fascinating to know that I am but one tiny organism amongst a vast number of living things, on a rock that takes up only an iota of the entire universe above but still feels so vast to me.

I also just love the colours and shades of the night sky, could lose myself watching them for hours.

Mostly I just end up wishing I could fall into peaceful sleep and not care whether or not I wake up. I know that sounds suicidal or at least incredibly depressing, but I don't mean it that way. Life is noisy and hard, I don't hate it, often times I enjoy it, but I'd be lying if I said the thought of just falling asleep and staying asleep didn't appeal to me, selfish as it is. I'd never take that chance if presented, I'd imagine, but it's a pet fantasy of mine.

Other than that, I tend to reflect a lot on things that I've done, and whether or not I did the right thing in doing them. I do that a lot in general, but especially when it's quiet and I'm just sitting around alone at night. Sometimes I think I'm way too self absorbed :monster:

LicoriceAllsorts said:
Would you ever emigrate, and if so, to where?

Like most Irish people at the moment, I'd dander over to Canada if I decided to emigrate. Canada has always held an appeal to me, though I have no real reason to feel attracted to it. America never interested me beyond maybe visiting it for a holiday. Think I'd like Iceland or Finland too. T'is a testimony to my being from Donegal that I pick cold places :monster:

I think I'd consider emigrating more thoroughly if I didn't have a girlfriend. It's utterly impossible to take a Dub out of Dublin :) But for now I think I'm content to stay in Ireland. And I'd imagine if I did emigrate it would always be with the intention of returning to Ireland at a later point.

Ghost X said:
What is your favourite species of ant?
The ants in Tom and Jerry that used to steal food and do those wonderful synchronised marches

Telcontar said:
What is your credit card number?

Ghost X

^If you mention people as a thing anyway in answering the above question, are you a monster? If so, what kind of monster?

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
You're stuck in an island forever. What are the three things you'd have with you? (No people. Just things)

I would bring one of my swords for hunting purposes, my fez hat so that, on the off chance that some other person stumbles upon the island and finds me sitting cross legged on a rock a top a waterfall, then I would appear as a mysterious and wise shaman. And tea bags, lots of tea bags.

Ghost X said:
If you mention people as a thing anyway in answering the above question, are you a monster? If so, what kind of monster?

I would be the Somekindamonster, comprised of shaggy hair, bass playing fingers, communicate through throaty "Yeah-heh" growls and have the world's most pretentious drummer for a head. BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA! Metallica humour >_>

I need to get out more.

If I were a famous pop culture monster I'd totally be Gamera, because he's a giant tortoise which suits my slow, lumbering mental and physical activity down to a T :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
What is your biggest fear?

Choose 3 people living or dead to invite for dinner.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Ghost X said:
What would be the most boring thing you've ever experienced?

Every Phenomenology lecture I've ever attended.

Watched the film Hidden/Caché, my lecturer raved about it and it was very well received critically. It bored the hole off me. I appreciated the themes it was exploring, and the experiments with editing and style, but I firmly believe that it is the first duty of a storyteller, in any medium, to tell an engaging story that elicits an emotional response from its audience. Hidden was a very cold, clinical film, whether intentionally or not, and as a result I wasn't invested in it and spent most of it wondering how much longer it was going to go on.

Octo said:
What is your biggest fear?

Being burned alive is up there. Of the many ways to die, it's the only one that really makes me feel genuine fear at the thought, as opposed to just a general "Man that'd be shit" response. Ironically, I want to be cremated when I die, and such is my fear of being burned alive I will be leaving specific instructions that they are to thoroughly ensure I am indeed dead before setting me alight :monster:

The thought of my my little brother dying also terrifies me. When I think of it I somehow regress into seeing him as a wee baby and get all "He can't die, there's so much he still has to do, he's got a whole life to live, he's gonna do really well for himself and everything" and all that. I jokingly told him something along the lines of the above quote once, and his only response was to say in the most dour tone possible "Pity the same can't be said for you". Cheeky wee shite ¬_¬

I have a recurring nightmare about my parents getting back together through some Big Jim Renny-esque scheme of my father's in which he somehow corners my mother into getting back together with him. I always wake up feeling helpless and terrified afterwards. It's a ridiculous thing to be terrified of but I am.

Octo said:
Choose 3 people living or dead to invite for dinner

Lorne Lanning, creator of Oddworld. I'd plague him incessantly with questions about the video game industry, politics and his spiritual beliefs until eventually he'd channel his inner Abe, fart on me and flee the scene ala Mel Gibson in South Park.

Gary Oldman, who I admire as one of the greatest practitioners of acting in its long history. If he wasn't available, Daniel Day Lewis for the same reason.

Nikola Tesla, the unsung hero of modern technology. The man was an absolute genius who got screwed over and written out of history by Edison and J.P. Morgan. I'd love to pick his brain on his projects and invention ideas.

Alternatively, Jesus Christ, Satan, and Cab, who seems to have lived one of the most interesting existences in human history. We'd get bombed on cider and watch Jesus and Satan fight to the death, broadcasting it you fine folks at TLS via twitch. The ad revenue and hits generated by hosting this fight on the site would turn TLS into a superpower, capable of controlling the world with it's vast financial resources and cookie monster themed weaponry. Eventually we would recede into the shadows ala the Patriots of Metal Gear, employing a front company named Not-Shinra Inc. to govern the world's affairs. Following on from this, a lone hero would uncover a mass conspiracy and discover the truth of the TLS world order. They would then engage in a final battle with The Great Old One...Yop, who would be empowered by our unanimously shouting FHATGN!, eventually unveiling his true form as the dark lords Cthulhu and all the while I would be confined to a home where I irritate the other residents with my stories of how I started it all by having that dinner :monster:

Today's been a really slow day for me >_>

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
You said you'd love to retire to Connemara, Where in the Connemara region is your favourite place to visit?

What's been the funniest thing that's ever happened to you or a time you laughed so hard you nearly peed/pooped your trousers?

Boxers or Briefs? :awesome:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Have you ever walked out of a film? If so what and why? (or have you ever switched off a film you were watching because it turned out to be crap?)

also *Ecco the Dolphin brofist*

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
What do you mean by "agnostic through apathy?" Was there a specific moment in your life where you decided that you were Agnostic? Or have you always held this belief/view?

Have you ever read any books on the subject? Would you recommend any?

Cabaret

Donator
What 1, 3 or 5 material object(s) to you highly value?

When you grow up, will you buy or rent or part own?

Do you feel the searing heat of this member spotlight yet?!

What do you consider the perfect pet to be?

Upon your death, were you to meet God who tutted you for not choosing at least one of the many religions you could have, how would you barter your way into heaven? (Or would you stay in limbo with the rest of the Buddhists?) :awesome:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
You said you'd love to retire to Connemara, Where in the Connemara region is your favourite place to visit?

My godmother's from Connemara and I visit her and her partner as often as I can, both to see them and, well, because it's connemara :monster:

I love the region around Leenane and Clifden. My godmother lives in a tiny little village called Tully Cross bout a half hour from Clifden, just by the sea. It's an absolutely stunning place, like something out of a fairytale or Lord of the Rings, all mountains and fields and forests. I never feel more content than when I'm in Connemara and would I die a happy man if the last thing I ever did was stand on top of a hill overlooking the landscape before dying.

Sprites said:
What's been the funniest thing that's ever happened to you or a time you laughed so hard you nearly peed/pooped your trousers?

Third year in woodwork, my friend Joe was varnishing his project, happy as Larry and finished up with a satisfied "Done." He then put the brush into the varnish tin...and proceeded to watch it sink slowly to the bottom of the tin. I, meanwhile, watched him, utterly fascinated by his complete lack of reaction to the phenomenon in front of him. Finally, at the exact moment the last bit of the brush handle sank under the surface, he threw his arms up into the air ala Steiner in FFIX and gave the most sincerely horrified cry of "NOOOOOO!" I've ever heard. I promptly lost my shite laughing. About three months later the varnish tin emptied and our teacher looked down into the tin and saw the brush stuck to the bottom, and without a moment's hesitation turned to Joe and walloped him over the head with a ruler.

Truth be told, most of the funniest things that have happened to me have been moments of myself and Joe's collective idiocy coming back to bite us in the ass. Our friendship is founded on many things, but the cornerstone is the sheer number of dumbass things we've both done or said to each other. He's the Turk to my JD

lKu2Bzv.gif

Sprites said:
Boxers or Briefs? :awesome:

I'm a boxers guy, loose fitting mostly but I've recently began to find tight fitting ones incredibly cosy, they also give me less wedgies :awesome:

Octo said:
Have you ever walked out of a film? If so what and why? (or have you ever switched off a film you were watching because it turned out to be crap?)

I've never walked out of a film. It'd take a lot to offend me to the point I'd do that and if I'm in the cinema and the film is shite, I tend to fall asleep.

I watched World War Z at home with some friends and thought it was shite. The film annoyed me for a plethora of reasons, but it also annoyed a few of the friends I was with so we spent most of it pointing out the ridiculous nature of certain scenes. If I'm alone at home watching a film that isn't keeping me interested, I'll usually switch to something else or just do something else whilst occasionally glancing up at it to see if it's gotten any better. I mostly only ever watch light comedy films on tv though, that don't require a lot of attention. I'm a big fan of the cinema experience and love being sucked into a film to the point that I forget I'm in a cinema watching it. At home I'm too aware I'm at home, I think.

Tennyo said:
What do you mean by "agnostic through apathy?" Was there a specific moment in your life where you decided that you were Agnostic? Or have you always held this belief/view?

Have you ever read any books on the subject? Would you recommend any?

For me, being agnostic through apathy pretty much means I accept that there may or may not be a God of some sort, but I'll never know and so I don't really care whether or not there is one. If there is a God, I'll deal with it when I get to it. For now, I've got enough to worry about in day to day life.

Generally agnosticism tends not to get as much attention as other religions, atheism included. Because it's largely a passive perspective, as most agnostics will just say they don't know. It's not very contentious. However, the thing I loved about studying philosophy was learning about all the various theological and metaphysical arguments for and against the existence of a creator. Thomas Aquinas, for example, offers up a very compelling argument for the existence of a Christian God, and although his work is centuries old its arguments and questions are still being discussed and debated today.

A lot of Medieval Philosophy was concerned with questioning the nature of God, because it was the going opinion at the time that God definitely existed so they instead began to question the general conception of what God is, whether or not we can have an accurate conception of God, whether or not God is omnipotent (the Paradox of the Stone is a fantastic illustration of the problems involved with omnipotence) and whether or not God is actually a purely good being.

I very much believe anyone who's remotely curious about the nature of existence and spirituality or religions would benefit from reading up on Ancient Greek Philosophy. Aristotle and Plato were way ahead of their time, Aristotle in particular. Parmenides and Heraclitus too.

All in all, it makes no difference to me whether or not there is a God, but I find theology fascinating and love studying the arguments for various religions, belief systems and feel it's important to have a good understanding and respect for the beliefs of others.

As for book recommendations, theology texts are pretty freely available online nowadays. The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy and the Internet Encyclopeda of Philosophy are also great resources for overviews of various arguments over particular issues :)

Apologies if I got a bit preachy there, for an agnostic, I'm very passionate about theology and philosophy :doh:

Last edited:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
@Tennyo:

I also forgot to answer this, but I pretty much became agnostic in my own head around 13-14 years old. Up until that point I'd been raised in a Catholic family but it was more Catholic through Convenience, I had a confirmation and communion because that was just one of those formalities that had to be done. My mother has a very strong faith, but she never enforced any religious beliefs on any of us and more or less just encouraged us to be decent to others and figure out what we wanted for ourselves. I pretty much never had a strong belief in either direction for the existence of a God.

Cab said:
What 1, 3 or 5 material objects do you highly value?

I'm going to sound very, very hippyish, but there aren't really any material objects that I value to the point I'd be genuinely hurt if I lost them. I like having a PS3, if it breaks or gets stolen, it's not the end of the world, same goes for most everything else :monster: I value the people in my life far more highly, and while I do value the material things I have for their uses or entertainment they provide me, they're replaceable if they break or disappear, and if they aren't, I'll move on quick enough anyway. I do have a memorial card of a cousin who I wasn't particularly close to, but I've always felt compelled to keep it, if that counts?

Cab said:
When you grow up, will you buy or rent or part own?

I've genuinely got no idea. At the moment I'd say I'd rent. When I'm older, I could say different. I do like the idea of building a house from scratch, but know that if I designed a house it would be either incredibly bland looking, or the ugliest thing to emerge in the country since my face :awesome:

Cab said:
Do you feel the searing heat of this member spotlight yet?!

It burns me so!

It's been fun so far, I don't normally rant on about myself at this level of depth. Usually I just ramble about superficial things about myself, like how I sort of resemble a lovechild between Quentin Tarantino, James May and Father Jack Hackett :monster:

Cab said:
What do you consider the perfect pet to be?

A black Flat Coated Retriever, gorgeous dogs, very playful. I'd love to have a shitload of dogs in general. I'm very much a dog person, and I miss having one quite a bit.

Cab said:
Upon your death, were you to meet God who tutted you for not choosing at least one of the many religions you could have, how would you barter your way into heaven? (Or would you stay in limbo with the rest of the Buddhists?)

Wouldn't bother me arse bartering, I can't sell meself to potential employers, never mind Divinity. I'd just level with God that, assuming I haven't made a total bollocks of myself by the time of my death, that I tried my best to be decent to other people, and be there for the people I love, and I made my fair share of monumental mistakes, maybe even more so than others. It's their choice whether or not to condemn me for them, I can't change what's done.

After that I'd just go with whatever decision I got fired back at me.

I would also tell God to go fuck himself, because that's a once in a life...er, deathtime opportunity. There'd be no malice in it, the dopey hurrhurr kid in me would just push me to say it. I'd then market it on t-shirts once I get sent to hell, in the hopes of gettin' into aul Luci's good books. I really hope Satan'd take the form of Ned Flanders like that Simpsons episode, he was so polite and soft spoken.

Cabaret

Donator
like how I sort of resemble a lovechild between Quentin Tarantino, James May and Father Jack Hackett
:lol: in fact that's more roffles than I can handle right now!

I'm lovin' the self rambling so far, from you and Shademp. I'm getting into the groove of asking random personal questions now and feel as the weeks progress I'm gonna be hitting the vict... folk of TLS with a looooot of questions! :D

Oh and let's do dinner sometime eh? :neo:

I asked Shademp this and his answer was awesome. I fear yours may not be as awesome, but how'd you choose your name here? I do have faith in your awesome answers but c'mon, "a shadow of myself" - that's pretty damn cool.

How does your gf feel about your frequenting TLS? Does she think it's weird that we own your soul?

What was your first impression of the cookie monster being liberally used?

What type of holiday would you go on if you could choose any holiday to go on now? (who would you go with? etc)

Do you send greetings cards (xmas cards, b-day cards, it's Wednesday cards, etc)?

Do you eat food that's passed its sell by date?

Is there a food you refuse to eat? (Such as octopus, cos they're so damn cute or hot dogs cos they've been through enough, let 'em rip.)

Do you prefer the smell of jasmine or honey suckle or some other pungent tree/bush/hedge?

Yeah ok I'm done :monster:

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Who would play you in a film of your life?

Name a song that never fails to get you dancing/jumping/energised?

If you lived in Middle Earth, what race would you be?

Last edited:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
Keveh Kins said:
I love the region around Leenane and Clifden. My godmother lives in a tiny little village called Tully Cross bout a half hour from Clifden, just by the sea. It's an absolutely stunning place, like something out of a fairytale or Lord of the Rings, all mountains and fields and forests. I never feel more content than when I'm in Connemara and would I die a happy man if the last thing I ever did was stand on top of a hill overlooking the landscape before dying.

I Absolutely know the feeling dude!!

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I asked Shademp this and his answer was awesome. I fear yours may not be as awesome, but how'd you choose your name here? I do have faith in your awesome answers but c'mon, "a shadow of myself" - that's pretty damn cool.

The name Keveh Kins originated from an ex-girlfriend's father. He hated me and I think called me that to mess with me or something of the sort. I mentioned the name to my classmates at some point and thus I was christened Keveh Kins forever. Eventually this was shortened to Kins, then expanded through a series of long running jokes on msn messenger to Sir Kinsbinkle, which I eventually adopted and adapted as the moniker of my alter ego, El Kinsbinkle, the mysteriously sexy Spaniard who is neither mysterious, sexy...or even Spanish really. This mostly involved me walking around doing a bad impression of Speedy Gonzalez. "Speedy he go steady with e'rybodies seester!"

Oddly enough, nobody up home has ever called me Kev as a nickname. Joe refers to be pretty much exclusive as Holmes, and likewise I call him Gallagher. Others call me Kins, or just Kevin, or as Donegal folk pronounce it, Key-yev-in.
The only folks who call me Kev are a few people I know from college and a few folks on TLS. Joe also refers to me in the company of his friends who don't know me as his eejit friend, The Schmuck. Keveh Kins has just always sort of stuck around though and I imagine it always will :monster:

Cab said:
How does your gf feel about your frequenting TLS? Does she think it's weird that we own your soul?

Oh she knows I'm a big Final Fantasy nerd, believe me she knows. She's big into video games too and we've both ended up really getting into games the other has recommended, same for films and books too. She apparently finds it very endearing when I get all fanboyish about games, and I fanboyed big time when I joined TLS :awesome:

She's come to terms with the fact that she's basically going out with Urkel

Cab said:
What was your first impression of the cookie monster being liberally used?

It reminded me of another Final Fantasy forum, the FFRepublic, which made use of Cookie Monster too. I joined it years ago right as it was starting to die off, I think. Realised recently that Yop used to be on it, or at least someone who shared the name Yop :monster:

Cookie monster has also effectively ruined my abilities to communicate through text messages on my phone, as without cookie monster at the end of the message I feel as though I'm not expressing my point clearly enough

Cab said:
What type of holiday would you go on if you could choose any holiday to go on now? (who would you go with? etc)

I'd love to go on a proper, months long backpacking trip across Europe, just walking from place to place, camping out, all that stuff. I'd love to bring my girlfriend, but if I suggested a holiday largely comprised of walking she'd laugh for ten minutes straight, sober herself, and then say "I'll walk me hole!"

I'd say I'd do it with Joe, it's exactly the sort of thing that we'd make a total balls of. We've a delightful habit of getting each other lost and then into some sort of ridiculous situation. A backpacking trip would be filled with hilarity like that...or we'd just kill each other :monster:

Alternatively, giant TLS backpacking trip!? I just need to borrow boots....and equipment...and money....and a job....

Cab said:
Do you send greetings cards (xmas cards, b-day cards, it's Wednesday cards, etc)?

I'd get Joe, Kizzy and Shelley birthday cards/christmas cards. And if I was attending a birthday party I'd bring a card and usually some small gift. All in all birthdays and the like aren't really a big thing in my family, or amongst my friends. There's never any expectation and we usually just go out and buy the birthday boy/gal a pint of their preferred beverage, hang out, and head home.

I dislike 'Get well soon' cards. If I care about someone such that I'm genuinely concerned about their well being when ill then I'll go and see them, or at least call them and talk with them and express my sentiments to them in the way that friends do, by chatting shite and taking the piss out of the illness. Get well soon cards just feel very arbitrary, we have to be seen to be doing it, type gestures to me. I dunno. I know lots of people send them with truly genuine sentiment behind the gesture, it's just not something I like personally. If I ever get one, I'll be writing back with "Nope, chose death instead, sorry."

It sounds kinda dickish of me, I don't know how to explain the way it sits with me. Maybe it just is dickish :doh:

Cab said:
Do you eat food that's passed its sell by date?

If it looks okay, smells okay and is only a few days out of date, I will eat it. If I don't know it's out of date, I will eat it and quite likely never realise.

Cab said:
Is there a food you refuse to eat? (Such as octopus, cos they're so damn cute or hot dogs cos they've been through enough, let 'em rip.)

I don't eat mushrooms. Not because I dislike the taste but I find the texture of mushrooms really off putting, s'all rubbery and weird.

Cab said:
Do you prefer the smell of jasmine or honey suckle or some other pungent tree/bush/hedge?

I love the smell of Lavender, also love Vanilla and have a bit of ridiculous nostalgic fondness for the smell of hemlock, because the hedges up home are covered in it. Objectively speaking it smells arse.

I also just love the smell of woodland after rainfall. There's nothing as refreshing as being in forest after its been lashing down from the heavens. Course being asthmatic there's also nothing as delightful as walking around a deathtrap of pollen and triggers. But I do love that leafy, fresh smell and that general foresty dew that kind of lingers afterwards.

Cabaret

Donator
I can't think of anymore questions. :monster: What question would you like to ask yourself if you came face to face with yourself in some parallel universe hilarity? And what what would you reply?

(BTW I giggled sillily at your cookie monster texting needs.... I have the same issues. :sigh: )

Would you ever write a biography? what would be your opening line and what years of your life would you focus on?

Pirate or ninja?

Ummmmm. Does your body do anything weird?

Oh oh I know, tell us a how I got this scar story.

Now I'm out of questions. :monster:

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Who would play you in a film of your life?

Dylan Moran suffers the same phenomenon of Irish hair, and he's demure enough to capture me pretty well :monster: Robert Carlyle's skinny enough and has the air too, could pull of the accent pretty well :monster:

Alternatively, find the actor with the harshest face and you're pretty much set :D

Octo said:
Name a song that never fails to get you dancing/jumping/energised?

You Should be Dancing - Bee Gees
I don't feel like dancin' - The Scissor Sisters
8 Days a Week - The Beatles
Remember the Time - Michael Jackson
Lithium - Nirvana
Aneurysm - Nirvana

To name but a few from a very long list

Octo said:
If you lived in Middle Earth, what race would you be?

I would be Radagast The Brown's lesser talented brother, Notquiteasrad....agast, with the power to call the scruffiest, least intimidating dog in the world to my aid...largely because it thinks I'm some sort of scruffy dog Deity.

Nah, I I'd like to be an elf, or, a Hobbit as they share my love of relaxed, laidback lifestyles. Come to think of it, I do things slowly enough that I could be an Ent!...Or, y'know...probably a slug...

Cab said:
What question would you like to ask yourself if you came face to face with yourself in some parallel universe hilarity? And what what would you reply?

In all honesty, my immediate question would be "What the fuck?" and then we'd just awkardly stare at each other :monster:

If this parallel universe was one in which I magically gained quick-wittedness, I'd say something schnappy and have offbeat shenanigans with my other self.

That sounded more sexual than I intended.

Cab said:
Would you ever write a biography? what would be your opening line and what years of your life would you focus on?

I'd write it for the craic, there's been enough mad little stories in my life that it could possibly me mildly entertaining. I'd focus on my life from birth until I finished secondary school, as it covers so much of what's made me who I am, from the sheer misery that was primary school, to the continued misery of my teenage years, tempered by my befriending the other brother I never wanted, to eventually coming to terms with my depression and relationship, or lack thereof, with my father. As well as featuring many of my clumsiest, stupidest, most rickockulous experiences :monster:

Opening lines would be something roughly like this:

I was born in 1992, a 13 pound baby boy, remarkable both for my sheer, near immovable mass and my large square head. From what I've been told, I can assume that even during my time inside my mother's womb, I possessed an insufferable lazy streak. Some have claimed that I was so lazy I refused to even deliver the occasional kick to signify I was indeed still alive in there. Personally, I think I was just being polite in my refusal to inflict physical damage to what was essentially my carrying case, in reality, this was just an omen to my mother that she was spawning the most temperamental, problematic lump of flesh that e'er she would encounter.

Cab said:
Pirate or ninja?

I think I'd go Pirate, just for the sheer freedom of the seas, hard an' all as the life would be. Then again, being a ninja means I get to wear cosy clothes and carry a sword and be all Batman and frickin' bejaysus!

Cab said:
Does your body do anything weird?

I have an irregular pulse rhythm, so I could be sitting down, doing nothing, and entirely of its own accord my heart will speed up to the point it would be at were I exercising, stay that way for a bit, then slow down to normal pace, or even slow down to a few beats per minute. It gives me some serious palpitations and murmurs which can be quite painful at times.

My heart also stops and starts a lot, and skips beats. Basically my heart's knackered :monster:

I have very long fingers ala Nosferatu. My great aunt likes to roar at me that I "shouldae been a midwife wey fingers like them son!", because I apparently wouldn't need forceps =/ My middle finger also curves up like the top of Pride Rock when I straighten it.

I have shit knees, as all the folks on my mother's side of the family do, and my knees can stiffen to the point of severe pain just from sitting down. There's a muscle just under my eye that twitches like an epileptic at a rave after I have a shower, which makes me look very akin to a cartoon crazy person, like Timmy's Dad when he encounters Dinkleberg....Dinkleberg..¬_¬

My toes are double jointed and I can pop them against the floor without moving my foot, which drives my brother mental as he still hasn't figured out how I keep making that noise :awesome:

Cab said:
Oh oh I know, tell us a how I got this scar story.

I've got a scar on my thumb from slicing it by accident when I was polishing one of my swords. My little brother was sitting next to me and he freaked as he thought I'd severed it.

I've got another, more recently acquired scar at the base of the same thumb from catching it on the lip of the oven like a feckin' eejit when I was trying to pull a tray out without an oven glove. It's pretty faded now though so I don't know if maybe it'll eventually blend back in to the rest of my skin.

I've got another crescent shaped scar on the inside of my elbow, on that soft skin right at the joint. I got it when I was seven and was cycling, and by cycling I mean plummeting atop a bike that was completely out of my control, down a hill and of course came off the bike. I screamed bloody murder and was convinced the arm would have to be cut off because I could see bone and it was bleeding so much.Ten minutes later I have a plaster over it and was flying back down the hill again. That was the great thing about being a kid, fear of pain wasn't really a deterrent.

I stuck my hand in fires a lot as a kid,somehow I've escaped natural selection so far :closedmonster:

Keveh, you are way stranger than I figured you out to be. I like that :D

Who are your favorite internet commentators on movies and games?

(What I'm essentially wondering is who are your favorites among Nostalgia Critic, Angry Joe, Gaijin Goomba, Egoraptor, JonTron, Dodger, Brad Jones, Angry Video Game Nerd, + other internet celebs)

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
Who are your favorite internet commentators on movies and games?

(What I'm essentially wondering is who are your favorites among Nostalgia Critic, Angry Joe, Gaijin Goomba, Egoraptor, JonTron, Dodger, Brad Jones, Angry Video Game Nerd, + other internet celebs)

I used to quite enjoy Angry Video Game Nerd, and liked his Board James series too. Same goes with the Nostalgia Critic and Chester A. Bum. I liked Linkara's Power Rangers series too. I've since stopped watching all of them though, for no real reason, it just sort of happened and then one day I realised I hadn't watched any of them in ages, but didn't really feel inclined to watch them again. No idea why, I may give them a try again some time in the future.

Egoraptor's a pretty funny dude, and I enjoy ZeroPunctuation's game reviews. On the whole though I'm not familiar with most internet celebs, that Jenna Marbles person came to my college once and that was the first time I've ever heard of her, though apparently she's very popular for her YouTube videos.

My girlfriend's on Tumblr, and her newsfeed (is that what it's called?) is always filled with gifs and videos from online famous folk, so I've largely associated them with Tumblr, which is filed away in the back of my head in the list of places I will never go. The list consists of two things: "Places in life" and "Tumblr :monster:

Ah, I don't actually have anything against Tumblr, it just seemed like an immense, bandwidth eating waste of time. Though the writing discussions Fangu's mentioned before sound interesting, guess it just depends on who's Tumblin'

Is that what you young folk are calling it now? When I was young it was called lollygagging about :wacky:

Cabaret

Donator
I have very long fingers ala Nosferatu. My great aunt likes to roar at me that I "shouldae been a midwife wey fingers like them son!", because I apparently wouldn't need forceps =/ My middle finger also curves up like the top of Pride Rock when I straighten it.

Should you ever find yourself to be beating hordes of lesbians off with a big stick, you know the reason why. :monster:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I've thought of a lot of questions :)

What is your favourite Fruit?

What is your Favourite vegetable?

Favourite Biscuit?

What's your favourite non-alcoholic drink and favourite alcoholic drink?

Favourite Comedy show?

If you could live in any past decade, what decade would it be and why?

What was the best Christmas Present you ever received as a child, when Santa was still real to you?

If you were stuck on a desert Island what 5 things would you have with you?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?

Top Bottom