Mortal Kombat

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Holy freaking shit.

The story mode for this game is freaking huge. There's like 50 cutscenes with full voice acting and animation unlike the shitty pictures and text endings of MK of old. This has to be the most extensive single player campaign in a fighting game in years.

Shit they could replace all of the player fights with choreographed action scenes and release this as two movies.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
omg what the fuck raiden

just what the fuck bro

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I agree, Smoke's fatality is... words fail me aside from awesome. I still say Kung Lao has really stepped up his game from some of the lamer fatalities he's been stuck with over the years. Also really liking Scorpion's. And not just because he's always been my favorite.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
NoobMK9VS.jpg
Darth Ezio?
What's Smoke's great new fatality?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Barely managed to finish the Story Mode, and unlocking all the secondary Fatalities & Costumes before crashing last night. Dacon does not exaggerate. Story mode is fucking LARGE and totally awesome.

Shao Kahn is a douche to fight, but as the boss, he should be. (It doesn't help that I'm not amazing with Raiden, so the final battle took some working out until I even came close). Overall, Sindel showing up and wtfpwning everyone & then dying was a little odd, and felt like it could've been longer. I wish Baraka & Reptile would've had a little more fleshing out (because I really like them), and I very much enjoyed the Cyber Sub-Zero storyline. Overall though, they're wishes & not complaints, because it was absolutely awesome.

Now to take a break, and get into Portal 2 before going back to the challenge tower, etc.

X :neo:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Overall, Sindel showing up and wtfpwning everyone & then dying was a little odd, and felt like it could've been longer.

Didn't her power level get boosted over ninethousand thanks to Kahn?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Yeah, but I would have liked to have at least see how powerful she was normally, in order to give her a bit more development before she went all >9000. Making someone badass it always helps to know what they're capable of by default. As it was, she kind of just gets summoned out of the ground, waltzes in and murders people who have previously been pretty tough. Similiarly, Nightwolf's power isn't really explained before he just comes in to save the day against her either, or takes out the Soulnado, especially since it's just after Stryker, AKA Mr. Normal.

For example: Ermac has a really good build up of being a badass, and making him intimidating throughout the storyline, even in a couple of encounters.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It is irksome to see her cut through everyone so easily. She's only ever been a sub boss and even with a power boost I just don't see it.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
It is irksome to see her cut through everyone so easily. She's only ever been a sub boss and even with a power boost I just don't see it.

Agreed. I was hoping for a much more significant conflict, or for most of them to just have been incapacitated like the past battles. Most of them aren't even really taken down that hard. Jax has his goddamn arms ripped out and survives, but a stiletto heel to the throat takes him out? Ptch.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I still find it funny that Johnny Cage survives for a change :awesome:

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
:O There's apparently a Cyber-Reptile, but he appears to only be playable during the Challenge Tower. I'd like it if he were somehow unlockable, even though it's just a different Cyber Sub-Zero skin.

I also would like to be able to find a way to get Reptile's original costume (once PSN is back online).

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Yes I think so.

Also, I love this game. I think Jax is my favorite character to play as atm. Scorpion and Sonya too.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
I know Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, & Kitana were for preorders and Jade was for getting MK on BluRay, so I can only assume they'll have regular DLC for them at some point, since some people will obviously want more than 1+ Jade.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm having fun with Scorpion man. Teleporting an shit, I always say 'SUCKERRRRRRRRR' in his voice from that movie XD

or GET OVER HERRRRREEE

I'm still trying to get all the character endings and beat the challenge tower (fuck that triple shokan fight with baraka >_>) so I havent had a chance to really sit down with any one character, but I'm liking scorpion and I wanna know how to use noob. Kung Lao's not bad either.

Top Bottom