Name change drama

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I mean, the fact that Username has gotten thanks before should show that we don't discriminate.
Username's amazing duplicate account got at least half a dozen thanks in his coming out post. This is really all the backup you need for that argument!

Scias

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Vega, Kyle Hyde
Ok, as one of the new members (I've been lurking since 2008 but I consider myself a new member anyway) this rule tries to help I think I have a pair of things to say about it.

First, it's okay, at least to me it's okay. I'm not the posting kind of guy so I have a little problem knowing who is who sometimes but it's not such a serious problem, at least not for me. But well, I know it may be uncomfortable for others and I know, too, that there is the necessity for Staff to know who is who and identify anybody at any time.

Personally I have no problems if this is enforced, I mean, just put a good pair of nicknames to identify you and nothing more.

Now, about the "ban thing" on the first post, I think that was unnecesarily harsh and severe. As said before, this kind of things need to be on the rules before taking any kind of action against anybody. To me, that's the real problem and I see it was added to the rules so everything's good. Of course, some of the responses that the original post received didn't help on the matter...

In any case I'm really glad to see that things have settled down (or so it seems).

Yes, I've been reading all this madness. All of it.

1677774661_7ada59393e.jpg

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
In spite of all the madness you have just poured into your brain, your post is well reasoned and articulate, oh guy-who-considers-himself-new. I like you.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I'm not attacking your post or anything, but I kinda noticed people mentioning the issue with giving thanks lately. I can't speak for anyone else but I assume they feel the same as me where they're going to thank a post they *agree* with. It's got nothing to do with who they are (which seemed to be Alex Strife's concern or one of them). When did we start to believe this about one another? That we thank each other to boost one another's egos and such... that's not how it is here, and it's never been like that. I mean, the fact that Username has gotten thanks before should show that we don't discriminate. :monster:

I know, and most people do use it in a manner that's pretty cool (ie. just plain old agreeing with a valid point), but there has been instances where there are posts that are just being pretty mean for the sake of being witty (and/or just off-topic), and I don't feel okay with that sort of post getting thanks.

Not that if it's funny it doesn't deserve thanks for being funny, but it encourages the same sort of behaviour that leads to derailing the thread. You could argue that a snide off-topic post would lead to that anyway regardless of whether or not it got thanks, but that's saying a reward system has no effect on the behaviour of those who are rewarded.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I know, and most people do use it in a manner that's pretty cool (ie. just plain old agreeing with a valid point), but there has been instances where there are posts that are just being pretty mean for the sake of being witty (and/or just off-topic), and I don't feel okay with that sort of post getting thanks.

Not that if it's funny it doesn't deserve thanks for being funny, but it encourages the same sort of behaviour that leads to derailing the thread. You could argue that a snide off-topic post would lead to that anyway regardless of whether or not it got thanks, but that's saying a reward system has no effect on the behaviour of those who are rewarded.

That is solely your perception and not necessarily applicable to any particular situation.

But as you said, this isn't relevant to the thread, move on folks.

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
GAIZ. This thread is still open, it's three days and TEN FUCKING PAGES LATER.

Srsly, what's the problem?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Thread pretty much ended 4 days ago, wtf are you doing?

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
Dunno, just looked up where my last post was and went from there. I didn't actually read any comments following that; I'm generally the kiss of death for these sorts of threads.

Top Bottom