Name change drama

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
I vote we settle this with a Pokemon battle.

...what? Mumble stays in character all the time, so can I. :monster:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Oh, I see, it was a joke about premature ejaculation.

Clever.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
WELL GOD NOT ALL OF US CAN BE CLEVER ENOUGH TO MAKE OUR FLATULENCE EXPLODE WHILE WE RIDE ON OUR FIRE-BREATHING UNICORN MOTORCYCLE SALEM

AND I DON'T MEAN THE ONE WITH THE EIGHT LESBIANS ON IT

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I'm a method aktor, it is my job in this community. That and to be a nutjob/questionable bi to the men and a lavish playboy to the women.

Fancy that!

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Sooooo summary of the last 12 pages.

"If you don't have a rule pre-existing about something. Make it up on the spot and change the reasons behind implementing it about 50 times to try and cover all angles."

Good job gaiz!

Also if Brooke leaves this place I will personally hunt down every one of you and proceed to mutilate you all with a rusty spork.
That is all.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
In this business of show you have to have the heart of an angel and the hide...of an iron man. ; . ;

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
We talking about Brooke's post? She never said she was leaving, and it wasn't a threat.

She made a comment about how the board was ran and if it were to continued that way, she would leave.

That's not a threat. Move on people.

Okay, to clarify, that's pretty right, but it certainly felt like it was an overextending gesture to say something like that.

I wouldn't just up and leave as if it was the end of the (internet) world if something appeared totalitarian to me. I'd voice my concerns. :awesomonster:

Also, can we all just be nice to each other for once? A lot of us are getting the right idea when it comes to mature discussion in a thread that people are genuinely trying to be serious (and thoughtful) in, but then once in a while someone says something witty/snarky and/or downright flippant and it snowballs, then the discussion turns into just a bunch of people being pricks to each other and thanking each other when they're being a prick to someone else they disagree with.

I know that's just what people here are used to when posting everywhere else, but it's a trend I'm finding really difficult to appreciate when this is a forum issue that Staff have actually given some thought about. It's the same sort of thing that accounts for the last, oh, I don't know all the past LTD threads? I'm half driven to say that someone like Dacon should be ruling this section with the same sort of iron fist that he does with the LTD thread.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Well thanks for taking anything I said seriously.

Jesus I feel really fucking stupid for even trying

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
If its any consolation, it made sense to me and got a click on the Thanks button. Seriously guys, we already got folks complaining about issues apparently caused just by how huge this thread is already/how fast it grows. Slow down on the jokes so that those not present at the moment can catch up when they get back. And leave less goofy shit in here so they don't perhaps miss something important during the time spent skimming over off-topic/non-serious posts perhaps.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I really don't give a fuck about Brooke leaving since I'll always have her on msn, Xbx Live, and my phone once I get one to myself.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
And thats how I feel every damn time Satsy, you need not worry. Besides all this drama is small time.

If you really need to press the point, it wouldn't be drama if people actually treated it seriously in the first place instead of doing the usual like posting gigantic macros or declaring sarcasm or just spamming engrish like a motherfucker, etc.

Which, in all honesty, would be fine anywhere else but places of actual serious discussion, like the feedback section and perhaps the debate section.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I still think this drama didn't need to escalate. That's why I didn't take this debacle with great seriousness once I said my piece to Aaron. I still feel his method of enforcing intimidates or inspires haet to other members and must be resolved rather than causing small time drama.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
It wouldn't have helped matters going off-topic/doing other things that would have derailed the tone of the thread. Shoulda just left it alone, which is sort of why I didn't really reply to Scott's last post. I was going to get worked up again about how he was being so flippant about respecting the rules of the forum, but I just don't have it in me when I know I'm just going to get laughed down :monster:

I understand what people feel about the oddity of this thread; I got the same vibe too. But again, if Aaron really felt like being a dictator, he would have just posted his OP and locked it immediately afterwards. The fact that he left this thread open for discussion says enough.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
The guy banned me years back for just lashing out at someone, I still remember it vividly. :monster:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
I'm sure you had your reasons and he had his, but I don't particularly feel like indulging myself in listening to either

Not in this thread, anyway

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
It wouldn't have helped matters going off-topic/doing other things that would have derailed the tone of the thread. Shoulda just left it alone, which is sort of why I didn't really reply to Scott's last post. I was going to get worked up again about how he was being so flippant about respecting the rules of the forum, but I just don't have it in me when I know I'm just going to get laughed down :monster:

I understand what people feel about the oddity of this thread; I got the same vibe too. But again, if Aaron really felt like being a dictator, he would have just posted his OP and locked it immediately afterwards. The fact that he left this thread open for discussion says enough.

This wasn't originally a thread. I posted it in the name change thread and split it after a couple of pages of drama erupted.

"If you don't have a rule pre-existing about something. Make it up on the spot and change the reasons behind implementing it about 50 times to try and cover all angles."
We've had the rule about the aka field for years. This has been covered at least twice in this very thread. This is, however, the first time we've ever actually had to enforce it because everyone always obeyed staff requests to fill in the aka field in the past, and we didn't actually put it in the official forum rules until a couple of days ago because (1) it wasn't ever anything we planned on infracting or banning people over, and (2) we assumed people would fill it in with the appropriate information if we asked them to regardless of whether it was in the rules or not.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
thanking each other when they're being a prick to someone else they disagree with.

I'm not attacking your post or anything, but I kinda noticed people mentioning the issue with giving thanks lately. I can't speak for anyone else but I assume they feel the same as me where they're going to thank a post they *agree* with. It's got nothing to do with who they are (which seemed to be Alex Strife's concern or one of them). When did we start to believe this about one another? That we thank each other to boost one another's egos and such... that's not how it is here, and it's never been like that. I mean, the fact that Username has gotten thanks before should show that we don't discriminate. :monster:

Top Bottom