Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

Splintered

unsavory tart
omg I hate it when ppl call others tards just because they have an interest in that subject. AT LEAST I DON'T COSPLAY AS NARUTO CHARACTERS AND WEAR THE HEADBANDS!!!! T.T

Anyway, chapter 449 is very suteki y/y? Shit is hitting the fan. AND SAKURA IS FINALLY GOING TO CONFRONT NARUTO ABOUT BEING IN LOVE WITH HER HOOOOOO SHIT
Hur. Naruto is the FFVII of the anime world. It got so popular, it's cool to not like it.

I honestly thought of it less romantic, and Sakura finally going to talk to Naruto about having to fight Sasuke rather than just try and save him.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
I liked it maybe up to where Sasuke goes off? :awesome: IDK. I do watch the movies though.

Motto so fucking hard. They made a big deal about the Sound Five or w/e the fuck they're called, but they lose to a bunch of genin 12-year olds so I lost all respect for them. The fights were anticlimatic afterwords and his "art evolution" just got lazier. And I can't say I like any of his new male characters choice in uh... "fashion", but I'll deal. I'm glad he stopped with the fight scenes and just focused on plot instead in these recent chapters. I don't count beating up the fodder army as fight scenes, btw.

Favorite Characters of mine are all of Team 7 (including Sai), Gai, Lee, Gaara, and Itachi. :'D

About current chapter: Well, can't say I'm surprised. It just made some certain characters look even more unoriginal. How many more parallels do I need stamped on me Kishi? The curse part confuses me though. How is it a curse and why isn't _______ affected like the rest?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Motto so fucking hard. They made a big deal about the Sound Five or w/e the fuck they're called, but they lose to a bunch of genin 12-year olds so I lost all respect for them. The fights were anticlimatic afterwords and his "art evolution" just got lazier. And I can't say I like any of his new male characters choice in uh... "fashion", but I'll deal. I'm glad he stopped with the fight scenes and just focused on plot instead in these recent chapters. I don't count beating up the fodder army as fight scenes, btw.

What's the point in making villains if they're never going to lose? And it's not like the heroes even easily beat their opponents. Most ended up having to get help from the Sand, or if they won, they more than likely would've died.

Not to mention the entire failure of the mission in the first place.

About current chapter: Well, can't say I'm surprised. It just made some certain characters look even more unoriginal. How many more parallels do I need stamped on me Kishi? The curse part confuses me though. How is it a curse and why isn't _______ affected like the rest?

Think its more akin to a metaphor. The recurring theme of war, conflict, and hatred has been a big deal since the beginning of the series, and Sasuke's smack dab in the middle of it, and doesn't give a fuck. It's not a matter of originality; it's more akin to the series staying true to its theme of war, resentment and hatred.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
M-Mira, crackitlackin, Izaya Orihara, SAILOR NARU, Sharon Rainsworth, Mara, Brosuke Hanamura, Commissioner Gordon, Santa Claus, Lenneth Valkyrie
It's true that they barely scraped by in those fights, but idk, it just feels like the challenge or the obstacles the heroes have to deal with just don't exist anymore. Or if they do, its for a second before its all blown away and I start expecting them before the threat shows itself.

I meant the parallel of how teams always had two guys and a girl (usually a medic nin, anyone?)

Naruto - Obito - Kiba - Lee - Jiraiya - etc.etc.

Sasuke - Kakashi - Shino - Neji - Orochimaru - etc.etc.

Sakura - Rin - Hinata - Tenten - Tsunade - etc.etc.

And how there are always rivalries between the top group with the second group with the second group being the darker side of things. And now the curse makes a little more sense to me. Mangas and their metaphors, gotta love it.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
It's true that they barely scraped by in those fights, but idk, it just feels like the challenge or the obstacles the heroes have to deal with just don't exist anymore. Or if they do, its for a second before its all blown away and I start expecting them before the threat shows itself.

LOL I'd definitely say the obstacles exist. I'm hard pressed to find a fight a rookie 9 character just sailed through in Part 2.

I meant the parallel of how teams always had two guys and a girl (usually a medic nin, anyone?)

Naruto - Obito - Kiba - Lee - Jiraiya - etc.etc.

Sasuke - Kakashi - Shino - Neji - Orochimaru - etc.etc.

Sakura - Rin - Hinata - Tenten - Tsunade - etc.etc.

Don't forget Nagato, Minato, and Konan. :monster:

Yeah, they do have a lot of parallels.

And how there are always rivalries between the top group with the second group with the second group being the darker side of things. And now the curse makes a little more sense to me. Mangas and their metaphors, gotta love it.

Naruto's hardly got the copyright on that. It's common in almost every single form of storytelling that has competition. When you've got two characters in competition with one good and one evil, the evil one will be made secondary. Goku and Vegeta. Ichigo and Grimmjow. Yugi and Kaiba. Etc etc.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
OH YEAH I FORGOT TO ADD MINATO TO MY CHARACTER FAVS. /headdesk

I know there are obstacles, I just couldn't find it in me to feel threatened by them when I knew they'd scrape by somehow. But I guess that's what the shounen spirit is supposed to be.

And looking at the pace of events... it'll prolly take another three arcs before Naruto ever responds to Hinata's love confession, at which I'll most likely forget ever happened.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Holy shit, I'm on crack. I meant to say, Nagato, Yahiko, and Konan were parallels. Like..parallels of Team 7. Shit. Minato is the Fourth. LOL. Damn.

Pretty much. But people do die in Naruto, and they die violently. Not to mention Pain raped Konoha a new one until Naruto finally talked to the guy and got him out of the "dark side." The only reason they lived was because Naruto had to not only beat the shit out of him, but change his outlook as well. I liked that message, personally.

LOL @ Hinata. I think that was rather ridiculous to have her say that and not have Naruto say ANYTHING to her at all. I prefer Naruto/Sakura and seeing them together and interact, but for fuck's sake, Hinata was willing to DIE for him. That must mean something and should be explored. It's stupid for them not to.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
It's cool man, that's a huge cast to take note of names and faces for. I figured it was Yahiko you meant to identify. XD; I mean, I had a hard time myself adjusting from Arashi to Minato or getting my Espada's straight.

Unless they are a main and popular character like Gaara. Which I got over with time and with discussions with other people, but I was rather irritated at Kishi at the time. And it's what main characters do for a living, teaching others by beating the shit out of them. Some teachers could learn from his example. I kid. But yeah, there's no way things will change unless outlook changes as well. Count on Naruto to bring the answers to everything.

SO DOES THAT MAKE YOU A NARUSAKU FAN? /lovedthatpairingsincechapter43 And yeah, I don't like Kishi's handle on romance. Not that it was ever the main manga focus, but still. You'd think Naruto would go seek the poor girl out and give her an answer or something. Or at least THINK about it. Give it a panel or something.

Splintered

unsavory tart
LOL @ Hinata. I think that was rather ridiculous to have her say that and not have Naruto say ANYTHING to her at all. I prefer Naruto/Sakura and seeing them together and interact, but for fuck's sake, Hinata was willing to DIE for him. That must mean something and should be explored. It's stupid for them not to.
I laughed at that, but kind of with remorse. I've stopped caring for the Naruto couplings but I remember when that came out and people were either like "They'll get together!" or "He'll reject her!/She'll die"

The only real consensus was that everyone agreed would suck is that Kishimoto would ignore that fact all together and go on with the plot.

Well...

. Not to mention Pain raped Konoha a new one until Naruto finally talked to the guy and got him out of the "dark side." The only reason they lived was because Naruto had to not only beat the shit out of him, but change his outlook as well. I liked that message, personally.
A part of me knew it was going to happen, but I also kinda felt cheated. I mean, almost every disaster that doesn't revolve around Sasuke ends happily, even when there is some sort of tragedy. I always felt that this invasion arc would be the big breaker, the one that would force everyone to struggle, possible fall, and the triumph at the end. So when all of a sudden, nobody died after a flashback and a chapter of talking, I went, "bwuh?"

But I am happy that Danzou is now hokage, so that's a plus.

OH YEAH I FORGOT TO ADD MINATO TO MY CHARACTER FAVS. /headdesk
Minato is the only character that I don't really like, except for >___> It's my irrational knee jerk reaction of the manga.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
Even more reason for Sasuke to go on a hate-rampage? I don't think the wave arc ended on a happy note, well... completely anyway. And not everyone gets a second-life button. Like Asuma, Sandaime, and Jiraiya. But they are teachers so I don't know if you'd count that.

I always figured Danzou would be a potential big bad, but blowing away everyone's expectations of Naruto = the Rokudaime was a pleasant surprise.

Most of my love for Minato isn't, his looks or relations to Naruto, but from amazing fanwork and that small glimpse you see of him in Kakashi Gaiden. Which I was happy to see animated. 8D I was glad he didn't turn out to be the Leader of Akatsuki like a bunch of fans predicted.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I always figured Danzou would be a potential big bad, but blowing away everyone's expectations of Naruto = the Rokudaime was a pleasant surprise.
I think Danzou's potential is more that he can make Konoha the big bad in of itself, we spent most of the time going "For Konoha!!111" but with Danzou in control he forces the good guys to be the insurgents and really debate just how great "Konoha" can be. Which is already heavily in question since they did sort of slaughter all the Uchihas and blame it on Itachi.

Most of my love for Minato isn't, his looks or relations to Naruto, but from amazing fanwork and that small glimpse you see of him in Kakashi Gaiden. Which I was happy to see animated. 8D I was glad he didn't turn out to be the Leader of Akatsuki like a bunch of fans predicted.
I haven't seen Gaiden animated, which is weird because I've been waiting for it since Shippuden. Funny how that works out.

The only real time I had affection for Minato was the Jiraiya flashback. I think my dislike of Minato has less to do with Minato himself because he sorts of lacking in much, but sometimes I feel that other characters get gipped out of the deal when it comes to him. Like how he is Naruto'sfatherdawww but Iruka was more of a dad to Naruto, or how Minato is the most loved hokage but I felt that Sandaime was closer to the heart of Konoha than anyone else, including its faults.

It's a stupid reason I know, but fandom is stupid, what can I say.

I miss the EVERYONE IS AKATSUKI LEADER Theories. Some of them were funny.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
I wouldn't generalize it to "Konoha", as several nin didn't know about the backstory of the Uchiha clan, but the Konoha council for sure at the very least. Makes you wonder how much the Hokages know or didn't know of the things that when on in the dark.

Well of course Iruka was more of a father to Naruto than Yondy. He's the kid's main source of comfort when he shows up every 100 chapters or so. Its his lack of appearances that several fans often forget that fact. You could even say Kakashi or Jiraiya was kind of a paternal figure in Naruto's life. They are his senseis, and they have the role of guiding him to be a better person after all.

Fandom stupidity is directly proportionate to fandom size, true fact.

Speaking of more fandom theories: Tenten Nolastname = Long lost Uchiha or Obito - Tobi. I'm still waiting for the first one to be debunked in canon.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
I wondered why the site my brother goes to for Naruto dubs went to a halt. I was sad about what happened to Toonami, but this... well, I can't say I'm surprised. Guess I'm going to spend more time with Disney XD now.

KissTheRain

reality is a prison
AKA
jailbait
Disney, really? Gawd no wonder I don't watch Naruto on the tv. Anyways the Japanese is better more swearing and violence. >D

I prefer the manga actually and I just bought book 43 my favorite ever, how about you guys...favorite book? chapter? episode? season? :3

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
UP TO DATE ON THE MANGA. And I'm on episode one of the anime. Both sub and dub.
8'D

EDIT: I don't have a favorite chapter ever, but I did like the Chuunin Arc and Kakashi Gaiden best.

Splintered

unsavory tart
UP TO DATE ON THE MANGA. And I'm on episode one of the anime. Both sub and dub.
8'D

EDIT: I don't have a favorite chapter ever, but I did like the Chuunin Arc and Kakashi Gaiden best.
I'm up to date and raw camping as we speak, like the loser I am.

I don't recall my favorite chapter either, but my favorite arc is the first and the Chuunin Exam as well. Also, the Rescue Gaara arc a bit, but because I'm a Sakura fan. I see no shame in that D:

I can't be arsed to keep up with the anime to be honest. The quality varies so much, sometimes it is bothersome.

Kikyou

just a fleeting memory
AKA
Lol, I never understood the Sakura hate. She's a normal 12-year old girl. They fall in love or want to fall in love with guys. They might get irritated over small things and have little rivalries. It's normal. And so what if she was weak? She stopped acting like that once she was exposed to the ugly sides of the shinobi world. She grew up. That's like, more character development than any of the characters, even the title character himself.

@ Splintered: By first arc, do you mean the Wave Arc?

I just don't like the anime for the sound quality, which killed my Iruka/Naruto scene. It was supposed to be a sad moment but the music ruined the mood. I could care less about animation.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I hope by the time the manga events clear up, I say they focus a little on who will bag Naruto. My wager is on Hinata, but I cannot believe
Sakura is now starting to feel for the guy, after all the crap she gave him in one, I highly doubt she deserves The man.
Also
I hope danzo doesn't become hokage for too long, it's starting to feel like Dark Reign over at Naruto

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Lol sakura is a crap character and the most uninteresting in the entire manga, and the bad attitude is the shit on top of the cake.

The only reason I still read this garbage is because Raikage beating Sasuke's ass is amusing. I laugh when I think people still watch that anime.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Lol, I never understood the Sakura hate. She's a normal 12-year old girl. They fall in love or want to fall in love with guys. They might get irritated over small things and have little rivalries. It's normal. And so what if she was weak? She stopped acting like that once she was exposed to the ugly sides of the shinobi world. She grew up. That's like, more character development than any of the characters, even the title character himself.
Sakura's character is based off being extraordinarily ordinary, especially compared to Naruto and Sasuke. She's almost the everyman of the series, except, well, she's a twelve year old brat. But the entire point of her character isn't monsters, destiny, and deals with devils, we have plenty of that.

The point is Sakura could have left at any point of the story and no one would have blamed her, because she is the quintessential little girl. She didn't have a fate to fulfill like the rest, who had these situations forced on them. Instead she was dragged into them and could have not gotten involved and lived a happy life being a child. Instead she threw away her insecurities and her silly little dreams, got stronger, and willingly got involved to help the people she loved. I'm a tard and I know it, but I still think that's an awesome angle for a main character since everyone else is nothing short of plot motivated.

Lol sakura is a crap character and the most uninteresting in the entire manga, and the bad attitude is the shit on top of the cake.
Oh well that too.

@ Splintered: By first arc, do you mean the Wave Arc?
Yes, I loved Wave arc. The ending was bitter sweet and had both tragedy of reality and the overwhelming positivity that made it worth while.

Sakura is now starting to feel for the guy, after all the crap she gave him in one, I highly doubt she deserves The man
Normally, I stay the hell away from Naruto pairing wars but even outside of romance (I'm still not terribly convinced that either pairing has the advantage since Kishi has thrown both major developments in the past arc), but I think it's kind of short minded to say she doesn't deserve him. Especially since, well, it's Naruto that's in love with her. And the fact that even if she does give him crap and is high strung, as all main characters are extreme in action, she has proven time and time again that she would die for him (just like Hinata). She has accompanied him in almost every major battle in part II, she has empathized with his plight to the point of tears, and she has put herself in harms way to protect him.

She made mistakes, she's made a lot of them, but to say that a girl who is willing to fight to the death for someone isn't worthy of a person is silly. Besides, love (romantic of familial) is not nor has ever been, based on a point value system.

I mean, if you think Hinata/Naruto is better, go for it. It's a cute couple. But I have a hard time swallowing any arguement that a girl "isn't good enough for X" as a strong point.

I hope danzo doesn't become hokage for too long, it's starting to feel like Dark Reign over at Naruto
Not going to lie, I eat up this dark stuff like a fool. Since chapter one we've been fed that Konoha was a great place, founded by a remarkable man, established with a romantic battle that created a waterfall, and all hokages are great people.

We're slowly seeing another side, not just started with Danzou but before. Konoha was co created by a bitter, destiny terrorized man who's rage was taken out on the Shodai. They were partially responsible for Pein's insanity, as Konoha's destruction laid to ruin much of the Rain village, we can understand Orochimaru wanting to kill war orphans- but even Tsunade didn't care about taking them in. And now we know that they okay'd the massacre of an entire clan, and that Itachi didn't trust those in charge after Sandaime to not lay a hand on Sasuke.

Danzou's a dark reign but Konoha had a sickness in it long before that, this is just it getting a visible spot. It will be interesting to see Naruto finally make a proactive move against the problems of Konoha, even if he has to go against it.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
I see your points, But I still vouch for Hinata, despite her being a different team altogether, she has proven her devotion. I've yet to see anything good out of sakura. : (

It could be a good start but if it drags so long, the Dark Reign will start to suck. :/

And lol Raikage looks like a wrestler this week.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Sakura's character is based off being extraordinarily ordinary, especially compared to Naruto and Sasuke. She's almost the everyman of the series, except, well, she's a twelve year old brat. But the entire point of her character isn't monsters, destiny, and deals with devils, we have plenty of that.

The point is Sakura could have left at any point of the story and no one would have blamed her, because she is the quintessential little girl. She didn't have a fate to fulfill like the rest, who had these situations forced on them. Instead she was dragged into them and could have not gotten involved and lived a happy life being a child. Instead she threw away her insecurities and her silly little dreams, got stronger, and willingly got involved to help the people she loved. I'm a tard and I know it, but I still think that's an awesome angle for a main character since everyone else is nothing short of plot motivated.

Oh well that too.

Yes, I loved Wave arc. The ending was bitter sweet and had both tragedy of reality and the overwhelming positivity that made it worth while.

Normally, I stay the hell away from Naruto pairing wars but even outside of romance (I'm still not terribly convinced that either pairing has the advantage since Kishi has thrown both major developments in the past arc), but I think it's kind of short minded to say she doesn't deserve him. Especially since, well, it's Naruto that's in love with her. And the fact that even if she does give him crap and is high strung, as all main characters are extreme in action, she has proven time and time again that she would die for him (just like Hinata). She has accompanied him in almost every major battle in part II, she has empathized with his plight to the point of tears, and she has put herself in harms way to protect him.

She made mistakes, she's made a lot of them, but to say that a girl who is willing to fight to the death for someone isn't worthy of a person is silly. Besides, love (romantic of familial) is not nor has ever been, based on a point value system.

I mean, if you think Hinata/Naruto is better, go for it. It's a cute couple. But I have a hard time swallowing any arguement that a girl "isn't good enough for X" as a strong point.

Not going to lie, I eat up this dark stuff like a fool. Since chapter one we've been fed that Konoha was a great place, founded by a remarkable man, established with a romantic battle that created a waterfall, and all hokages are great people.

We're slowly seeing another side, not just started with Danzou but before. Konoha was co created by a bitter, destiny terrorized man who's rage was taken out on the Shodai. They were partially responsible for Pein's insanity, as Konoha's destruction laid to ruin much of the Rain village, we can understand Orochimaru wanting to kill war orphans- but even Tsunade didn't care about taking them in. And now we know that they okay'd the massacre of an entire clan, and that Itachi didn't trust those in charge after Sandaime to not lay a hand on Sasuke.

Danzou's a dark reign but Konoha had a sickness in it long before that, this is just it getting a visible spot. It will be interesting to see Naruto finally make a proactive move against the problems of Konoha, even if he has to go against it.

good job not taking the bait.

I completely disagree with everything you've said but I applaud your fortitude.

cmXT

C00kay Munchsta
AKA
cmXT
guys, sakura had the most fucking badass fight to date, her fight with sasori is easily the best so far (not including raikage fight, since the fight isnt over/dont know where its heading)

if i hear a single 'itachi and sasuke owns that' or 'the nagato fight was so much more epic' im going to slap you with my scrotum, they are waaay overrated

Top Bottom