Netflix Castlevania Series!!

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Really looking forward to this series, and it'll be interesting to see if the links to the previous series remain fairly loose. One thing's for sure is that the animation will be an absolute delight.

X :neo:

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
New trailer tomorrow.

F5VZ0cjbEAAxyIQ

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
CASTLEVANIA: NOCTURE, another strong installment.

As a whole it's stronger start than season 1 of the previous series due to having more stuff going on, that said, the previous show S1 had a more airtight pacing and was very efficient with its used time.

The season was clearly mostly a set up season and thus lots of conflicts are still unresolved but at least the arc of the main character reaches a climatic conclusion before the season ends in clifthanger.

How season 1 will hold in the long run hinges on how much Season 2 delivers on any of the potentially interesting directions they go after the crazy shit that went down.

----
Top characters of the season:
  • Annette
  • Ritcher
  • Tera
  • Olrox
  • Drolta

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Looks good! The only thing I'm confused at is..."uncle"? Isn't Richter Maria's brother-in-law?
I believe that's only the case in Dracula X, specifically. In RoB, SotN, etc., she's a distant relative to Richter specifically. "Uncle" might be a simplification of their actual relationship.

Nandemoyasan

Standing guard
AKA
Johnny
I believe that's only the case in Dracula X, specifically. In RoB, SotN, etc., she's a distant relative to Richter specifically. "Uncle" might be a simplification of their actual relationship.

I think this is right, and I’d also say that Dracula X on the snes had kind of an “excuse” translation in the first place; it definitely was not something that was on Konami’s A-List that year.

It’s vaguely, generally the same story as Rondo, but it muddies a lot of the details and most of it is in the instruction manual.

As for Rondo of Blood’s instruction manual, it was in Japanese so idk if I’ve ever bothered to look up a translation of it or whatever, but I’ve never read it. Never been clear on Maria’s relationship with Richter, really. I do think the bit about her being Annette’s younger sister was made up for the US Release on the snes tho.

And in any case, Richter and Annette were never stated to have been married or even engaged, just courting. So that would not make Maria his sister-in-law.

Top Bottom