New Female Mod Nomvote

Lex

Administrator
For reals channy I have not a scooby what you're trying to say XD. A nomination is a vote. If someone has nominated 3 people, they've also voted for 3 people :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
For reals channy I have not a scooby what you're trying to say XD.

Is that seriously a thing? XD

Well, I mean the majority of people here have all voted/nommed Octo/Lic/Howl, meaning three-way (like Howl said) tie?

Lex

Administrator
Here's how it currently stands (does not include PM votes):

Octo 9
Howl 8
Lic 1
Tenny 6
Sprites 1
Ami 1

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
So if there's a tie from more votes, is there a round of Battle Square and whoever wins first gets to be the nommed mod? :monster: Nom. This word is so addicting. :awesome:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
If you've ever had or done any of the following:

a beard
an encounter with a beard
caressed the chest-rug of a bearded dwarf

then you have interacted with Octo on a spiritual level. :monster:

This makes me sad. I've never been able to caress the chest-rug of a bearded dwarf. :(
Or had encounters with beards. :'(
Or had a beard. Okay I'm not sad about that one--

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
Ami's a good choice too. She's got the skillz. :monster:
b8da5ee5.gif

I'm afraid I'll have to rule myself out of the running. I quit the mod life years ago and not sure if I'd ever be able to go back, as my current one's a lot more different/happier now. :awesome:

OT: I also nomvote Octo. Reasons? She could be like the super cool hippy that preaches love and peace amongst the chaos. :monster:

Sprites

Waiting for something
AKA
Gems
I'm just gonna say here and now but Lex would you mind taking me out of the nomvote, (not that I don't appreciate the Vote Dawn) but I'm not around enough these days to be a good candidate for this sort of thing :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
Sorry I'm so late in saying this, but I haven't had a chance until now.

Why are we only considering female candidates? While I agree that it would be a good thing to have more women on staff, they should earn their nominations on merit. Or are we going to make sure we have a certain proportion of trans moderators, non-white moderators, and so on? I'd rather just pick the best people for the job, whoever they happen to be. This isn't intended to be a comment on any of the members nominated so far.

Lex

Administrator
Sooooo... public voting?

This is public? Can you explain what you mean by this?

Sorry I'm so late in saying this, but I haven't had a chance until now.

Why are we only considering female candidates? While I agree that it would be a good thing to have more women on staff, they should earn their nominations on merit. Or are we going to make sure we have a certain proportion of trans moderators, non-white moderators, and so on? I'd rather just pick the best people for the job, whoever they happen to be. This isn't intended to be a comment on any of the members nominated so far.

Carlie is the only female mod that's stuck around and brought this up. It's a sausagefest right now. It's really not something I thought about tbh, but that's the reason.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
^ TLS is an equal opportunity employer :monster:

Fangu

Great Old One
@ Lex: I was questioning public voting when these things traditionally have been voting through PM (or at least an anonymous poll) :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I swear I just made a post and it disappeared.

That POV is totally fair, but I feel like nobody read my opening post, which explained both the reason why we opted for a female modship (answers flint) and also says:

You can post here to explain your reasoning, or just send me a PM if you're not comfortable discussing it in public.

In the past threads people publicly nominated, and while they may have PM voted the vast majority of them also made a post like "I voted for X because Y". If we'd followed that model it wouldn't have been any different, so this is just cutting out the middle man. The advantage is that most of the votes can be seen by everyone so it's more transparent. The option is there for those who don't want to vote in public.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I read your opening post, but "there's only one female mod" isn't, in my opinion, automatic justification for appointing another one.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Why are we only considering female candidates?

Because we're filling the position left vacant by Mage when she stepped down. At the moment we have 10 mods, 9 of them male and 3 of them due to irl stuff aren't that active.

While I agree that it would be a good thing to have more women on staff, they should earn their nominations on merit.

I'd rather just pick the best people for the job, whoever they happen to be.

See they are getting on merit or else people wouldn't have voted for them. Every time we voted for a new mod, Octo has been one of the people who has gotten the most votes. She just hadn't been interested in a position before. I don't think anyone is going to argue that Octo isn't the best person for the job regardless of her gender.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
At the moment we have 10 mods, 9 of them white (if I'm not mistaken), so should we appoint another non-white mod as well? 9 of them are cis-gendered, should we appoint another non-cis mod as well? Those are just examples; I could go on. I'd just like to know why we have to have a specific quota of females.

If Octo really is the best candidate for the job (and again, I stress that I am not commenting on any member's suitability), then she would have been selected anyway, even if the nominations had been open to everyone, right? So why didn't we just do that?

Lex

Administrator
I read your opening post, but "there's only one female mod" isn't, in my opinion, automatic justification for appointing another one.

You are entitled to your opinion, however the staff came to a consensus before this thread was made.

Lex

Administrator
At the moment we have 10 mods, 9 of them white (if I'm not mistaken), so should we appoint another non-white mod as well? 9 of them are cis-gendered, should we appoint another non-cis mod as well? Those are just examples; I could go on. I'd just like to know why we have to have a specific quota of females.

If Octo really is the best candidate for the job (and again, I stress that I am not commenting on any member's suitability), then she would have been selected anyway, even if the nominations had been open to everyone, right? So why didn't we just do that?

We don't need a specific quota of females. We simply wanted another female mod. And your figures are wrong about the number of non-white and cis people. You also forgot to mention the wide array of sexualities :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
There are to many multi-cellular organisms on the mod team.
As a single Cell organism this offends me, check your multi-cellular privileges at the door please before responding to this post.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I didn't forget to mention it, Lex, I chose to give only two examples and then said "I could go on". :P

I think I've made my opinion clear, so I'm happy to drop the subject. If it was a staff consensus decision, then as a member of said staff (albeit the other side of the team), I'll stand by it. I look forward to welcoming the new member, whoever is selected. :)

Fangu

Great Old One
Duh I completely missed the part of 'PMs to Lex is an option'. Although I presume you can PM any of the active mods?

Top Bottom