New Mod Nominations

Lex

Administrator
Hello TLS'ers, the time has come for you to lip sync for your life to nominate new mods.

We're going to do things a little differently this time. This will be the nominations thread, where we'll nominate people we think would make good mods (obviously). This thread will be open for 4 days. I won't count this evening since we have the XV event, so we'll close it on Sunday night/ Monday morning.

After, all nominees will be given their own thread where people can ask questions about how they'd handle a given situation - this is not an opportunity to troll or push buttons and I'll ask people to take it seriously. I'd say we'll keep these threads open for another 4 days. This gives members a good idea of who'd make a good mod. We've done this in the past and it caused a tiny bit of drama, but that just proved the member in question wouldn't have handled situations in the best way.

Following the closure of those threads, I'll ask members to rank each nominee using a points system to ensure fairness, rather than a straight poll. Me and other mods will count the results (via PM) and the two with the most points will be our new mods.

As a general tip, people who nominate themselves tend not to do well during voting, though it's not against the rules to do so.

But before you nominate anyone (or yourself) keep in mind that it's a fairly thankless job. It's rewarding at times, but dealing with complaints and interpersonal disputes can become tiresome, important though it is. It gets worse when people accuse you of bias or dictatorship when everything is decided is a group and you're trying your best to be level-headed. There are things that you can't properly explain to members because you'd be breaking trust, and that can create tension when people just want to know what's going on. Just be aware of these things and nominate based on who you think would handle all that best.

You can nominate as many people as you want. Don't be afraid to nominate someone who's already been nominated. If you'd rather PM me or another mod, you can do so. Everyone with a certain number of nominations will move to the question phase.

Get nominating :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
No noms yet? Damn lol.

I'll take the hit since nomming yourself is a guaranteed loss and Nominate myself to get the ball rolling lol.

Bet of luck to all contestants nominees , I hope you all survive do well :awesome:

and don't forget vote for Gabriel

Last edited:

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
After, all nominees will be given their own thread where people can ask questions about how they'd handle a given situation - this is not an opportunity to troll or push buttons and I'll ask people to take it seriously. I'd say we'll keep these threads open for another 4 days. This gives members a good idea of who'd make a good mod. We've done this in the past and it caused a tiny bit of drama, but that just proved the member in question wouldn't have handled situations in the best way.

Woah, did this system actually work the last time you did it? I don't know, I just did a double-take reading this as it feels open to a lot of abuse. But if it did work, fair enough. Good luck to any prospective mods.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
If my memory servers me correctly the one time I was present to see that go down it seemed pretty good. Some really good questions were brought up and it gave great insight on how a prospective Mod may handle the pressure.

Worth noting atleast when I witnessed this method go down was also when the boards were not lax in the slightest. If the system survived that forum environment and good came out of it , it definitely should work fine now that the boards are much more mellow :)

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It might be good if people asked all the candidates the same question so we could compare their answers. If each candidate gets their own questions, it'll be more difficult.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Yup, we could have a thread where members submit questions and then every nominee gets to answer them. Thats fair.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm gonna go ahead and mention a few names. I didn't see anything about only being able to nominate the one person, so :monster:

Satsu : Dude is as level-headed as they come. He doesn't let others influence his decision but he's always been polite on every aspect of the forum. He's also been here a while, if that counts for anything. I'm confident he'd be comfortable in how things are run here, and in the case of some kind of drama he'd be objective and fair.
Also I think I subconsciously relate him to Road, which may count for something. :wacky:

Carlie : Pretty self-explanatory. I think she was a good member of staff and would be a good mod again in the future. I know she stepped down, but I'd be supportive if she decided she'd like to return to her post.

Gabe : I know you nommed yourself dude but I'd like to say I think you'd make a great mod. The above given reasons also apply to you. ^_^

So there you go. If only one nomination is allowed per person then please use Satsu for mine. At the least my other two choices could give others something to think about :)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Actually, I rather agree that Gabe would be a good choice. I also would support Carlie rejoining the ranks if she wanted to.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Oh right! I second Vader too.

Nanaki Skywalker

Kate Lord of the Sith
AKA
Tarkatan Trash
I haven't been here very long, but allow me to chime in.

lithiumkatana17
Flare
Dawnbreaker

That's about it off the top of my head.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I'm gonna nom(nomnomnom) Joe and Tennyo (though her stat does say staff emeritus but I'm not sure how long ago that was /shrug), because they're both level headed people who are active enough for full time mod positions. Something I've seen in the past is you see people get modded up but then they're never around and it makes you question what they're doing. (besides irl) :monster:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I like all the nominations so far (Ami's was the first name to come to mind, tbh). Other names that came to mind other than those who have been mentioned is Flint's, Joe's, and Shademp's. They're all site staff, but they're also active on the forums and liked by the general populace. They also all level-headed, funny, and friendly.

Also, thanks so much for nomming me, TT and Starling. <3 Sadly, I'll have to decline. I feel I would be doing the forum a disservice because I don't have the time to devote to such a role at this given time. I'm tickled pink, all the same!

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I'd like to follow up with this too, by saying that I saw I was nominated by Tarkatan and that's really sweet of you, but I'll have to decline as well. ^_^ This kind of role isn't something I feel I can dedicate myself to right now and thus, it wouldn't be fair for me to not say something while the nomination thread is still open. It's a lovely thing though, and thanks for thinking of me. <3

Anyway, I'd like to nominate Joe and Shademp as well, only if they're willing; I personally feel they'd be very good choices, they're very level-headed, easy to talk to, and make good decisions here. :)

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Oshit Shademp too. I didn't really he wasn't a mod already, just site staff. :wacky:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I feel like everyone I would nominate has already been nominated. :monster:

Also, Force used to be a mod. Maybe he'd be up for it again?

And thanks for the couple nods but I don't really think I could commit to anything again. :P

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Yeah I'll also throw support behind Shademp and Joe because I also somehow thought they were forum staff as well as site staff.

Thanks for the name-shout guys and gals, it warms my heart. I must however decline. I don't handle titles and official responsibility well, plus I lack the social wisdom that is required from a proper forum moderator. Maybe someday in the future if I can get my sh*t together I will actively contribute to TLS in both official and unofficial ways but sadly I am not at that point in my life right now.

While we're on the topic, as per personal request I was rid off the title "Compilation of FFVII Editor", however my modding powers over the FFVII section of the forum have remained. Perhaps a mod should strip me of those powers before I become corrupt and spread Geostigma through The Lifestream Dot Net? :awesome:

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Fuck that guy.

Sure. When? Where? Which hole?

Also, I'm going to nom Ghost, even though I'm almost 100% certain he's going to turn it down (like he does every year) but just because I feel like he should be nommed. Or onomnomnom'd. Either. Or. Both.

Top Bottom