New Mod Nominations

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
tumblr_mgmx1aYSZp1s37nm3o1_500.gif

Airling

Ninja-Fairy-Jedi-Princess
I thought about it, and every time I thought of someone it was either followed by "Shit, they're a mod already" or "Oh look, they've been nominated".

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
(in Scottish time)

I have just had a vision of a clock but all the numbers have been replaced by kilts and haggis and grouse and mel gibson and stuff. :monster:

RedFFWolf

Donator
Whoever is my anonymous nominator, I want to send you something aesthetically pleasing - something to stimulate the taste buds, or fill the nostrils with the air of my appreciation. Seriously, though, it's very much appreciated ^_^ (and feel free to forgo your anonymity to me via PM; I'm curious and full of gratitude)

However, and I mean not to put down my anonymous nominator's consideration as such, but I must veto my nomination.

While I love the idea of helping out, becoming more active and something of a contribution on the forums, and for the sheer sake of being someone to turn to when issues arise, offline life is a touch unpredictable as of late. My dad has been made officially redundant last week, and his health and moods are like a roller coaster. Not to sound dramatic or to push reason for pity and understanding, but I reckon it'll be a miracle if he even lives the rest of the year. Household affairs have already taken an odd turn this week, and things could go a little astray for a while.

So, even though I don't think there's a sense of pressure involved (and Lord knows I've a lot of other duties offline) and not something even necessarily time-consuming, it's still one less thing I'd like on my mind. The turn from browsing TLS casually to browsing TLS as a good show of faith as a mod or a sense of duty is, as of this period, something I think I ought to pass up on for now. This month could be an odd one, and I would not like to think I could gain the role and subsequently become inactive as a result of home affairs and more. But I certainly wouldn't rule out any future opportunities when I feel a stabler ground beneath these goings-on.

TL;DR - Thanks but no thanks. Very genuinely I mean this. Home affairs growing unstable - wouldn't want to risk suddenly become inactive afterwards. Later is a brighter dawn. :)

Good luck to everyone going forward :)
Fine names, all.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Thanks for the nom! I have no idea what I'd be doing, but I'll try not to burn the mother down. I was a mod on the Genesis Awards forums back in the day so if this place is anything lik... Uhhh... Well, either way, I'm in.

Lex

Administrator
I'll post an update tomorrow with the list of members nominated and then we can move forward with a thread for questions. I think having a central thread with the questions and having potential mods answer a set list is a better idea than the way we structured it last time, since we have quite a few nominations. Then we'll have each person answer each question in a single post rather than the thread becoming completely bogged down - just to give people something to read to help them make a decision when voting.

Could people PM me questions they think would be good/ appropriate and I'll get the thread up soon? I'd rather not have to think of them all by myself, especially since a broad spectrum really helps. Even if you have an idea for just one question that would be great. Again I'll post a list of nominated people here tomorrow.

Sorry this has taken so long, I was waiting to hear back from someone re: whether or not they were accepting a nomination :monster:

Lex

Administrator
Gabe
Satsu
Carlie
Vader
Lith
Tennyo
Joe
Force
Ghost
Channy
Darth
Splintered
Tetsujin
Mr. Ite

Flint
Dawn
Ami
Fangu
Flare
Shademp
RedFFWolf

Please double check this list for me everyone. I'm driving pretty much all day today so I won't have time to post the questions until tomorrow, but that gives everyone time to check. I just listed everyone in order of their nominations - obviously the struck through have declined.

Also the only person who has PM'd me about questions is Starling so if anyone has burning questions they'd like to put to potential mods please remember to send me a PM before the thread goes up tomorrow :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Shademp wtf why did he decline? I need his ass to be in the White House and I wanna be his first lady I think anyone who had a light blue username should just be modded up because I think a lot of us already thought they were mods :wacky:

Lex

Administrator
Gabe
Satsu
Carlie
Vader
Lith
Joe
Force
Ghost
Channy
Darth
Splintered
Mr. Ite

Flint
Dawn
Ami
Fangu
Flare
Shademp
RedFFWolf
Tenny
Tets

Is this it now? Have I missed any nominations? <3

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
^I just re-checked this thread, and seems like you got them all! Only others that were mentioned was Mage and Mako, though Mage seems to not be around right now and same with Mako (Mako's nom might've been just a joke, too?) :monster:

Unless you count Yop, you totally missed his nomination. :awesome:

Lex

Administrator
I don't want to make assumptions where Mage is concerned, but I did take note of the post. I don't know if Octo was actually nominating her or not, because it's a bit unclear. If Octo wants to nominate Mage I can PM Mage who'll tell me she's not interested (probably) :monster:

Top Bottom