NEW TRAILER!!!!!

Pixel

The Pixie King
I really like the look of the characters. Better than I would've expected. Barret especially. Can't wait to see the upgraded versions of the particularly large cast of characters the OG had.

I find the various differences intriguing too, in a "how much has the game changed?" kind of way. Some could just be an in-trailer thing, and not kept during the game, like the guardian scorpion on the train. Granted, I could see such changes adding to the tension. It seemed to be presented as a menacing thing in the trailer, so maybe it stalks you or something :P.

Edit: Also, obligatory fan squeal :monster:.

He's probably looking up at the light from a helicopter there

Splintered

unsavory tart
Like I said earlier... I think working with FFXV's engine probably will speed up this remake's production exponentially, and maybe even subsequent remakes.

Is the remake on the luminos engine? I thought it was using unreal4.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Like I said earlier... I think working with FFXV's engine probably will speed up this remake's production exponentially, and maybe even subsequent remakes.

It looks like the same engine as FFXV, though maybe development forked early on. There are clearly shared gameplay mechanics in the map exploration, with Cloud squeezing through crevices and crawling under debris, which is the strongest indication that they at least started out with the same engine.

KXDTbFD.png

If it were Unreal, wouldn't it have the Unreal logo present somewhere?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I wasn't expecting the lip sync to be very good, but it's still a shame to see that the mouths don't match. Especially when the voice actors give such good performances (Barret!). It just takes you out of the moment. If they can't sync the mouths in few cutscenes in a trailer there's no way they'll be able to do it for the game.

What the hell makes you think they'd have already made two sets of lip synced cutscenes this early?

They have lipsynced the cutscenes (at least the rendered ones) in every single game they do. The only thing they didn't was Advent Children because both languages were included on the disc. It'll be synced. Relax.

The trailer was a double edged sword for me

All the content was amazing. I LOVED Barret's look. The sunglasses were perfect. I LOVED Cloud's look. I liked the combat and pretty much everything they showed.

However the trailer itself was choppy and put together pretty poorly with an uninspired remix tune.

The dialogue felt wooden, but its obviously early and its probably something they threw together just for this trailer.

Again this looks amazing - I cant imagine it looking much better, especially this early.

The only thing that has me worried is I didnt not care for that remix of 'Bombing Mission' at all. Felt like it had no soul.

As stated...that's the track straight off the Distant Worlds III album.

Pixel

The Pixie King
At some point, I'd love them to show the design process for the characters, like incarnations of concept art that led to what we see. Im hoping Clouds design isnt 100% final. Theres some weirdness there that was present in early shots of AC.

aszach01

Pro Adventurer
Long have I forgotten Jesse, Biggs & Wedge until this trailer came...The more I think of them the more I felt sorry for Wedge, dude's about to fall down in a tower with this graphics? Ouch...

Lex

Administrator
^I don't know why but that has made me laugh incredibly hard.

In fact I do. I played from the start of the game up to Corel Prison after the trailer and I watched Wedge go splat off the tower just a few hours ago, so the visualisation is fresh. They can't possibly show it in the same way XD

Monterosa

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Tom
This trailer is stunning. Little moments that I really enjoyed included the interaction between Cloud and Wedge, the design of the supporting characters, the animation of Guard Scorpion, the fact that we can switch characters in battle, and the music. I think this music will need to be rearranged for the game, at the least so that it loops, but for this trailer it blew my socks off.

Cloud's design looks a little off to me. He is very slim, yet his arms are massive. It also looks as if his skin is doughy and dirty. Those dark rings under his eyes make him look haggard. I hope he's just sleep-deprived for the mission and that isn't his permanent appearance.

ME3050595487_2.jpg

Lex

Administrator
I have seen hundreds of comments that Cloud needs far bigger arms, but you're definitely the first I've seen to mention them being too large.

Honestly I know why people are saying he looks "off" and I don't mind if they change it, but there are canonical reasons that he looks like a sick weakling (his mental state until 60% of the way through the game is just for starters, but it's a big one) and I would be happy if they stuck with that look and had him start to look healthier when he actually starts to get healthier.

clowd

Pro Adventurer
Im glad they kept an anime look to the characters instead of going straight 100% realism. Gives alot more creative freedom, cant wait to see how creepy they make Palmer and Hojo.

Anyways I cant find fault with Cloud's face because IMO he hasnt looked this 'right' since the original game. I think his face looks far better here then in the PS3 tech demo or advent children.

Cloud has that crazy psychotic messed up past look in his eyes which is just like the original game. The thin nature of his face also hints of someone who is not mentally well

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I have seen hundreds of comments that Cloud needs far bigger arms, but you're definitely the first I've seen to mention them being too large.

Honestly I know why people are saying he looks "off" and I don't mind if they change it, but there are canonical reasons that he looks like a sick weakling (his mental state until 60% of the way through the game is just for starters, but it's a big one) and I would be happy if they stuck with that look and had him start to look healthier when he actually starts to get healthier.

I think the comments about Cloud's arms are probably because he looks like a twig compared to Barret. What I find off about Cloud is that the texture for his hair looks a bit too rough. I'd also like his eyes to be more blue than blue/green. I don't get why they did that.

I like how the Buster Sword reflects light while Cloud is moving around, though it makes me wonder if I'd get blinded by the glare in sunny regions.

Ghost X

the only thing that disturbs me about Cloud is that his hair doesn't appear to cast shadows on his face :awesome:.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Cloud's got a bit on uncanny valley action going on. Imo it's the mixture of anime-ish style and the gritty realism textures or something. Maybe it's just me but it makes them look strung out. I actually think it would be better to tone down realism.

It looks like the same engine as FFXV, though maybe development forked early on. There are clearly shared gameplay mechanics in the map exploration, with Cloud squeezing through crevices and crawling under debris, which is the strongest indication that they at least started out with the same engine.

KXDTbFD.png

If it were Unreal, wouldn't it have the Unreal logo present somewhere?

Yeah I looked it up and it didn't say anything about unreal. They did say that they weren't planning to make it with Luminos though, which is weird. Why the hell would they pour so much money on it if they're only using it for ffxiv and XV?

Max Caulfield

shaka brah
AKA
Chi, Trollzaya, Dean Winchester, Black Widow
What I find off about Cloud is that the texture for his hair looks a bit too rough. I'd also like his eyes to be more blue than blue/green. I don't get why they did that.

Isn't he still suffering from mako poisoning at the beginning of the game? It could wear off as the game progresses.

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
i had to watch this on my phone in the breakroom at work trying very hard not to scream every 5 seconds.

Now that I've seen the HD... holy shit.. it looks beautiful. I can't wait to see Yuffie everything else.

Also Wedge and Biggs have awesome voices IMO... and obligatory Jesse is hot comment

e.suna

little nerdling
I'm assuming many textures/assets are not final? So I'm not going to nitpick them.

Midgar looks AMAZING and I can't wait to "live" it as the characters. And also find all the secret treasures, because that's where my priorities are.

Also not gonna freak about the voice acting. I agree with PPs that this English dub was just thrown together. It makes zero sense that they would be localizing at the same time of production, so no need to get upset.

I also agree with others that Wedge sounds terrible. Literally it sounds like they found a doughy nervous man at a nearby Dunkin Donuts and dragged him in to record a couple lines for like 12 bucks.

When it comes down to the real thing, I really really hope they go above and beyond with the voice direction. This isn't the 90's anymore; English-speaking fans won't tolerate weak dubs.

Going to go watch this 100 more times *_*

Splintered

unsavory tart
Ffvii had the misfortune of finalizing their English voices pretty early for project I suspect didn't particularly care about how it affect the og.

Well now that I think about it, The ones from KH weren't too bad. Burton could us better direction, Sephiroth is perfect, Aerith's a roller coaster ride, and Tifa's sufficient.

But I don't like Barret's voice even if his personality is toned down and Cid's in fucking terrible. From the cast here they seem to want me to hate Wedge.
What I find off about Cloud is that the texture for his hair looks a bit too rough. I'd also like his eyes to be more blue than blue/green. I don't get why they did that.

Isn't he still suffering from mako poisoning at the beginning of the game? It could wear off as the game progresses.

I like to laugh at the idea that Cloud has this amazing glow in the dark sky blue eyes but it's the same as every other squenix character. Pretty sure a lot of characters in Dissidia arcade actually have brighter eyes even.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I also agree with others that Wedge sounds terrible. Literally it sounds like they found a doughy nervous man at a nearby Dunkin Donuts and dragged him in to record a couple lines for like 12 bucks.

Well, I mean... you kind of just described Wedge.

paleofan

Pro Adventurer
I'm not just ok with Wedge's voice, I like it! I think it really fits the character.
Man Biggs Wedge and Jessie are so well done, I know it's quickly going to turn sad if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom